Hypo in your eyes isn't fun

Dave B

So had a fascia job to do next door to a pressure washing job I just finished. Decided to spray the really green side with the hypo I had left over.

Didn't put my visor on as it was a quick job and didn't think.

Got it in the face off the breeze.

After thorough washing from garden tap it feels like I've been swimming for 24 hours.

Go carefull guys and don't take a chance like I just did.

Not worth the aggro for not looking stupid with a visor on.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2
scottish cleaning service
1 hour ago, Dave B said:

So had a fascia job to do next door to a pressure washing job I just finished. Decided to spray the really green side with the hypo I had left over.

After thorough washing from garden tap it feels like I've been swimming for 24 hours.

I generally wear goggles all the time and even a cheap pair are good. I don't do much softwashing now and if I do I charge a good bit to make it worth my while.

Part Timer
2 hours ago, Dave B said:

Your eyes will just look like @Den did after a night out with me 🤣

Bit of a novices mistake for such an experienced person 

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Yeah I know.

Was just a bit of fascia so thought I'd quickly spray a bit on there and be fine.

Then just as I did it it turned from still air to breezy and blew straight back at me.

At least I was wearing one of my 2 softwash/ pressure wash polos so already looks tye died lol.

Just shows that it's not worth taking chances even if it seems ok.. would have took 30 seconds to go back to van and get visor out.

1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I generally wear goggles all the time and even a cheap pair are good. I don't do much softwashing now and if I do I charge a good bit to make it worth my while.

I bet you look like eddie the eagle lol.

Looking forward to next time your local @Part Timer.

I reckon my eyes could look worse.

@Den better offer me his sofa.

Edited by Dave B
4 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Wasn’t just my eyes not working correctly lol but my legs and brain 😂

• Haha 2
RWCleaning

Ah sorry to hear that Dave, well put it this way, it could have been worse, and at least you’ll never take that risk again  (and I’m talking about the accident, not the night out with Den & Pt lol. Although sounds like it could apply to both 🤣)

• Haha 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2020 at 21:10, Dave B said:

They still feel sore and puffy lol.

That’s too many late  nights 😂😂😂😬 no seriously hope you are ok 

I once touched my ear whilst spraying bio...didn't think much of it...till the next morning lobe was burnt only 5p sized but was painful for days...easily done...I make a point of having 'SW only' gloves now that I use and remove when finished.

Often looked at the first aid kit's with the eye wash solutions - think I might add it to the van's first aid kit - hypo is light and easily blown around...just before coronavirus I was looking at upgrading to a FFP3 with a belt mounted powered filtered air - mask is like a helmet but light - but I didn't buy as I thought it would be needed more in this crisis - but will defo get it when this has all died down - it's easy to breathe the 'mist' that's generated aswell...🤔

Hope youre ok mate, best to take no chances with softwashing. I price it high to allow for dwell time and to allow for the safety precautions. Even if just doing a patio, lets say e.g. to pressure wash only would be £120, a hypo clean would be £220, biocide treatment £320. Its not nice stuff to work with and uncomfortable in all the gear so i’m not interested in doing it for less. I dont do much of it but when i do do it at least im not rushing or taking shortcuts because its been under priced. A recent patio i did took a whole day with hypo & biocide treatments because after the hypo wash it rained torrentially for two hours and i had to wait it out before applying the biocide or it would have been wasted. Luckily it dried out around 3pm and got it applied without having to come back another day