Backpack or Trolley. Are these any good?

HI all. Just came across these 2 different cleaning style equipment. What's your thoughts? I know they might not be the best but just as a general start up for reach and wash. Thanks 😀 Is the brush too big please?

Screenshot_20200530-215843.png

Screenshot_20200530-215947.png

IMO Gardiner are best for poles & backpack. I'd recommend Pure Freedom for a trolley.

The other alternative is to buy a backpack and attach it to a trolley (from B&Q or somewhere) with bungee straps.

It's out of stock atm and has been for some time. Not sure when back in stock. I have heard good reviews on Gardiner system

Posted (edited)

I use backpacks and honestly have gone full circle on them, always wanted a system but actually backpack on a trolly is fine. I've had the big boy from facelift and it's ok but overpriced think its 140s with vat. Could just be because I knocked the ass out of mine but I feel my gardener one has a higher flow rate 

Edited by Perryb91

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Electric-Knapsack-Pressure-Sprayer-Crops-Weed-Pest-Killer-Backpack-Chemical-Pump/333459593820?hash=item4da3bd9a5c:m:mKBcToltHm2j9en5bpHrI0w

I have used one of these blue ones for years now, just pop a recurs 21 on the outlet hose and away you go. Not bad for £65.00.

And I also recommend a sack truck for it, the handle eats into your hand when full.

I've used a PF trolley for 13 years. It is a great bit of kit. Rather expensive admittedly but this is largely down to the electronics used in it. Three years ago I fitted it out with backpack innards. The pump fits straight on without having to re-drill holes. I removed the big box and battery and just strapped on the small 7ah battery with a small luggage strap. You could use a backpack controller if you wish but I use the simple PWM flow controller from my original trolley and a 40a auto relay to control the pump. With the above, and pneumatic tyres it's just about half the weight of the original setup and much nicer to use. 

• Like 2

@Marko067.  I think your the man @Pjj he was asking about a hose reel on a trolley or something, I think it’s you that posted a photo of your trolley, with a hose reel on, I can’t remember his question now though🤔

1 minute ago, Jango said:

@Marko067.  I think your the man @Pjj he was asking about a hose reel on a trolley or something, I think it’s you that posted a photo of your trolley, with a hose reel on, I can’t remember his question now though🤔

Yes that was in another post.  I have decided to just wrap the hose around the trolly handles like last time , I must say this new trolly is very good just been trying it out around my house the flow can be adjusted from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit it’s very good Ime looking forward   to trying it out in some softwashing jobs in the next couple of weeks 

3CD47CC8-0BA5-4F5C-BAB7-B4B65024775B.jpeg

52 minutes ago, Jango said:

I've never used a reel on my trolley. I think Den did and one or two others. Almost all of my work is in blocks of houses so I don't have to reel in and out often.  I find it easier to hand coil my hoses. I carry three different lengths and choose the length based on the work I'm going to be doing. My most used length is 18m. I also have a 10m and a 25m length. 

• Like 2
windowsurfer
2 hours ago, Pjj said:

Yes that was in another post.  I have decided to just wrap the hose around the trolly handles like last time , I must say this new trolly is very good just been trying it out around my house the flow can be adjusted from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit it’s very good Ime looking forward   to trying it out in some softwashing jobs in the next couple of weeks 

3CD47CC8-0BA5-4F5C-BAB7-B4B65024775B.jpeg

Pump go to 12litres per min? Did you make your own pump box, as I keep looking at soft wash technology for 12v pumps that have higher litres per min for biocides

9 hours ago, Marko067 said:

I've never used a reel on my trolley. I think Den did and one or two others. Almost all of my work is in blocks of houses so I don't have to reel in and out often.  I find it easier to hand coil my hoses. I carry three different lengths and choose the length based on the work I'm going to be doing. My most used length is 18m. I also have a 10m and a 25m length. 

Very lightweight reel with polehose does make the trolley a little on the heavy side my son used this before I converted van to a two man set up. 

5261DB49-062E-419C-A98A-C05EDA9CE9B8.jpeg

8 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

Pump go to 12litres per min? Did you make your own pump box, as I keep looking at soft wash technology for 12v pumps that have higher litres per min for biocides

I was going to make my own  but never seam to have the time so bought the warrior warlord , it’s a full chemical pump 0-12.5 ltr per muinit  and I like the fact for softwashing you can just line the barrels up and go from one to the next , the pump is obviously more powerful than a back pack as well so you can cover bigger areas quicker with more product , have to say it’s an impressive piece of kit . 

At least it’s got sorted then. 
Good idea Marko. 
We had a trolley system but the pure freedom are good quality but heavy. We have sold ours now though with having a van system. 

19 hours ago, windowsurfer said:

No I bought it google warrior trolleys they do  several different ones , the flow rate is fine for window cleaning not that I will be using it for  that , I wanted it for spraying gfs with Virosol and commercial buildings , soft washing and bio application the pump flow is adjustable from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit ,have to say Ime very happy with it and about to order two more one for each van , the guys have all had a go with it and love it . 

windowsurfer

I had a look at it, looks fine n dandy. Food for thought. Good that it's all one unit,instead of making it up yourself

3 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

I had a look at it, looks fine n dandy. Food for thought. Good that it's all one unit,instead of making it up yourself

I like the fact you can have barrels of mix lined up and just put the pic up tube from one to the next no re filling a back pack,  if Part way through a job you want to change chemical it’s dead easy just change the barrel over , so much quicker and easier and the option to have much higher flow rate  . 

• Like 1
windowsurfer

I used to have the daqua trolley,same idea,barrel off/on quick change,but quite a heavy beast. to lift, without barrel on. I still have it,but used pump n controller for van system.

4 minutes ago, windowsurfer said:

I used to have the daqua trolley,same idea,barrel off/on quick change,but quite a heavy beast. to lift, without barrel on. I still have it,but used pump n controller for van system.

Yes totally agree we only use the trolly for plastic cleans and soft washing have 1000 ltr  hot systems in the vans for windows 😂😂😂