Is £12 for a bungalow too much ?

Matt steel 118

Matt steel 118

Just a standard 2 bed bungalow  but I have no other work in that area so for monthly clean I charged £12 Is that too much as I don't think it is I'm in the south west . 

Master Jedi Alejandro
1 minute ago, Matt steel 118 said:

Just a standard 2 bed bungalow  but I have no other work in that area so for monthly clean I charged £12 Is that too much as I don't think it is I'm in the south west . 

Depends on how far you're travelling but I'd say no, not in this day and age. 

Joshyouare
12 minutes ago, Matt steel 118 said:

Some people will say yes, some people will say no. It's your business, charge what you want. 

Think of £12 as your minimum price you'll turn the key for, so your prices should all be from 12-15 onwards depending on which figure you decide 

• Agree 2

If the customer is happy to pay you that price then the answer is no. As long as you can make it work why worry whatever others think and say.

I do a good few bungalows at £12 @Matt steel 118 and a few at a tenner, if they've pay and are happy then your good, if not knock them off as your already traveling out for single cleans or canvas the area and get the word around with the neighbors.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

No I don’t think it is , we have a minimum price of £10 Evan if it’s a door and one window it’s still £10 that’s what I charge to turn up , and that price is if it’s in an area that I cover . 

13 hours ago, Matt steel 118 said:

Personally I wouldn't take the job on.......A £12 stand alone job isn't worth cleaning to me.it needs to be right near other work to make it pay.....

But theres no right or wrong...charge what you want.....

Wind o kleen
3 hours ago, dazmond said:

Personally I wouldn't take the job on.......A £12 stand alone job isn't worth cleaning to me.it needs to be right near other work to make it pay.....

But theres no right or wrong...charge what you want.....

You have no choice when starting out , 

Half the time, when it's a stand alone job I get referred to neighbours or seen while doing the job on some occasion when I visit, soon turning a standalone into a row of bungalows in a few months.

maybe that's just me being lucky but any singles turn to doubles for me pretty fast.

51 minutes ago, Ana said:

Half the time, when it's a stand alone job I get referred to neighbours or seen while doing the job on some occasion when I visit, soon turning a standalone into a row of bungalows in a few months.

maybe that's just me being lucky but any singles turn to doubles for me pretty fast.

Quite agree we do exactly the same thing start off with one or two and end up with 3/4 of the street in some places .

Crystalalan
22 hours ago, Matt steel 118 said:

No I think thats fine

I did one for £25 about 10 years back. The lady was driving through the estate where 99% of my work is and stopped me to enquire about getting hers done. It was about a two mile drive through an area that was notoriously difficult at times for traffic. I explained that it would likely be about £25 and possibly a little more and the reasons why. She accepted and was a very good customer for a couple of years till her husband fell seriously ill and could no longer work. It was quite a large old bungalow but a straight forward job with WFP
As it turned out £25 was bang on for the time it took me to get there do the job and get back to where the bulk of my work is.

davewindowcleaner

I am in the south east. I charged my customers £15 to cleaned all the bungalows Windows, sills, frames and two doors every 6 weeks.

Just don't rush the job and try do clean it all in 2 min with wfp. (Not that I am saying you are)

We have a minimum charge of £15 per 4 weekly. This includes bungalows, flats and shop fronts with one or two panes of glass. They're paying for reliability and quality of service (hopefully! 😁).

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
2 hours ago, Tango said:

i got one i charge £20 for.

I charge a range of prices, all depending on the amount of windows on offer. Some small, with six windows for £6, others at the £10-12 mark, again for the set amount of windows. One is £17 with a decent sized conservatory included.

Not had a customer ask for it less than a quid a set of windows, just because it's all on one level. No would be the answer to that little question. 

I’ve got a customer that I’ve had for years now and when she phoned up for a quote she said it was “Just a bungalow”. It’s a massive building and couldn’t believe the size of it when I got there. True, it’s a bungalow but a bloody big one! I charge £50 every 8 weeks to give you a rough idea of the size. Easy work being ground level too. 

So, if somebody tells you it’s just a bungalow, make sure you go round and take a look at it!