DI vessel or RO then DI ?

Evening everyone. Tonight's question is. My tap water reads anything between. 30 and 50 ppm on a regular basis. Is there any need for a RO system then DI or just keep with DI that I have? Thoughts please. Thanks πŸ˜€

1 minute ago, Azz1 said:

Evening everyone. Tonight's question is. My tap water reads anything between. 30 and 50 ppm on a regular basis. Is there any need for a RO system then DI or just keep with DI that I have? Thoughts please. Thanks πŸ˜€

Depends if you're on a water meter and how much you use, if on a meter and using 500l a week, no. If you're not on a meter and using 500l a day yes

13 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Depends if you're on a water meter and how much you use, if on a meter and using 500l a week, no. If you're not on a meter and using 500l a day yes

Hi Part Timer. No, I'm not on a water meter, thankfully. So far I only have about 20 customers which I spread it over 2 days. But I am looking to get anything up to 100 hoping, over the next few weeks on my time off from my current job, canvassing doors etc. Thanks πŸ‘β˜ΊοΈ

1 hour ago, Azz1 said:

My water is about the same and I use double di as it's so easy ( to fill and not having to worry about a ro)Β 

I use 2 bags of resin a year so Β£180 at today's prices,Β  cheap as chips when you see what spotless sell it at.Β 

If you're getting 99-95% rejection rate a decent RO will bring your TDS down to 1-3. Your resin will last you for a very very long time with this. Once you're using 600 litres a day it may be worth it. At your current level it isn't required and realistically it will take you a long time to recoup the initial cost of the RO.

57 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

If you're getting 99-95% rejection rate a decent RO will bring your TDS down to 1-3. Your resin will last you for a very very long time with this. Once you're using 600 litres a day it may be worth it. At your current level it isn't required and realistically it will take you a long time to recoup the initial cost of the RO.

Mines the same as your DI only.Β