Jump to content

DI vessel or RO then DI ?


Recommended Posts

Evening everyone. Tonight's question is. My tap water reads anything between. 30 and 50 ppm on a regular basis. Is there any need for a RO system then DI or just keep with DI that I have? Thoughts please. Thanks πŸ˜€

Link to post
1 minute ago, Azz1 said:

Evening everyone. Tonight's question is. My tap water reads anything between. 30 and 50 ppm on a regular basis. Is there any need for a RO system then DI or just keep with DI that I have? Thoughts please. Thanks πŸ˜€

Depends if you're on a water meter and how much you use, if on a meter and using 500l a week, no. If you're not on a meter and using 500l a day yes

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Depends if you're on a water meter and how much you use, if on a meter and using 500l a week, no. If you're not on a meter and using 500l a day yes

Hi Part Timer. No, I'm not on a water meter, thankfully. So far I only have about 20 customers which I spread it over 2 days. But I am looking to get anything up to 100 hoping, over the next few weeks on my time off from my current job, canvassing doors etc. Thanks πŸ‘β˜ΊοΈ

Link to post
1 hour ago, Azz1 said:

Evening everyone. Tonight's question is. My tap water reads anything between. 30 and 50 ppm on a regular basis. Is there any need for a RO system then DI or just keep with DI that I have? Thoughts please. Thanks πŸ˜€

My water is about the same and I use double di as it's so easy ( to fill and not having to worry about a ro)Β 

I use 2 bags of resin a year so Β£180 at today's prices,Β  cheap as chips when you see what spotless sell it at.Β 

Link to post

If you're getting 99-95% rejection rate a decent RO will bring your TDS down to 1-3. Your resin will last you for a very very long time with this. Once you're using 600 litres a day it may be worth it. At your current level it isn't required and realistically it will take you a long time to recoup the initial cost of the RO.

Link to post
57 minutes ago, P4dstar said:

If you're getting 99-95% rejection rate a decent RO will bring your TDS down to 1-3. Your resin will last you for a very very long time with this. Once you're using 600 litres a day it may be worth it. At your current level it isn't required and realistically it will take you a long time to recoup the initial cost of the RO.

Mines the same as your DI only.Β 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.