Jump to content

Cost of living going up?


Martyn

Recommended Posts

Has anyone noticed the cost of things going up? particularly in the supermarkets. SWMBO was analyzing the receipt from her latest shopping trip and came to the conclusion that some items have gone up as much as 20% this year whilst other items have less in the packet.

I know that increases have been predicted due to Brexit, and then there is the Covid effect, but I would like to know if this is happenning accross the UK or if we are being exploited more than usual here in Guernsey.

Stay safe guys.

 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • dazmond

    12

  • Iron Giant

    9

  • steve garwood

    7

  • scottish cleaning service

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was in Asda yesterday and a security guard spotted me nicking a leg of lamb. He shouted out “oi, what you doing with that!” I said “roast potatoes, peas and gravy” 😁

Mostly I drink Yorkshire Tea or PG Tips. Both from bags. I do like the occasional cup of Dow Egberts Gold, or Nescaffe. Both instant coffees out of a jar. I'm far too common and unsophistica

Sorry to hear about your health issues. But what i don't get these days is all this packet processed 💩 and apparent experts been made out to be like gods saying don't eat this 💩  I grew up a

Posted Images

i spend £100-£130  at my local tesco every week and i live on my own!...it used to be £80-£90 per week so yes i think lots of things have gone up....

Link to post
1 hour ago, dazmond said:

i spend £100-£130  at my local tesco every week and i live on my own!...it used to be £80-£90 per week so yes i think lots of things have gone up....

What the heck are you buying, my wife spends nowhere near that for the two of us and I spend a decent chunk on alcohol, although we don't shop at Tesco

Link to post
1 hour ago, dazmond said:

i spend £100-£130  at my local tesco every week and i live on my own!...it used to be £80-£90 per week so yes i think lots of things have gone up....

Dam you love your food, I'm a singleton and only spend £50 a week on food 

Don't do brand names and cook a fresh home cooked meal every night 

Link to post

Cost of living will ‘likely’ go up for a while. Governments have taken on huge debts across the world to stimulate through Covid 19s havoc on business and life in general.

Inflation is a viable move to reduce the real world debt cost.

Link to post
43 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

What the heck are you buying, my wife spends nowhere near that for the two of us and I spend a decent chunk on alcohol, although we don't shop at Tesco

i dont drink or smoke either......👍

 

im an 18 stone bodybuilder and 6ft 2in.....i eat the best meat ham,turkey,chicken,fillet steak,etc as well as fruit,veg,yoghurt,wholegrains,etc....this also includes toiletries,cleaning stuff,bleach,etc and i also spend at least £20 on protein bars per week....

Link to post
35 minutes ago, Apw1210 said:

Dam you love your food, I'm a singleton and only spend £50 a week on food 

Don't do brand names and cook a fresh home cooked meal every night 

what do you eat in a typical day?this is my food for today....

breakfast.......oatmeal with milk, blueberries,honey and chai seeds,2 boiled eggs

lunch.......180g smoked salmon on 2 barmcakes,pot of yoghurt

dinner.......2 chicken breast,2 wholemeal tortillas,salad,red and green peppers,salsa

snack......banana,apple and a protein bar

snack 2.......greek yoghurt,peanut butter and honey

Link to post
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

What the heck are you buying, my wife spends nowhere near that for the two of us and I spend a decent chunk on alcohol, although we don't shop at Tesco

i have a nespresso machine and drink 6 pods a day,buy the best peanut butter and also buy the most expensive veggie burgers because they taste better.....

1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

2 pieces of toast,

 

Rump Steak, chips and a homemade hot peppercorn sauce,

 

For afters 6 or 7 pints 

is that all you eat in a day?what a terrible diet..........😄

Link to post
3 minutes ago, dazmond said:

i have a nespresso machine and drink 6 pods a day,buy the best peanut butter and also buy the most expensive veggie burgers because they taste better.....

is that all you eat in a day?what a terrible diet..........😄

I have Marmite on my toast, don't do coffee as it's bad for you 😄

Link to post
9 minutes ago, dazmond said:

what do you eat in a typical day?this is my food for today....

breakfast.......oatmeal with milk, blueberries,honey and chai seeds,2 boiled eggs

lunch.......180g smoked salmon on 2 barmcakes,pot of yoghurt

dinner.......2 chicken breast,2 wholemeal tortillas,salad,red and green peppers,salsa

snack......banana,apple and a protein bar

snack 2.......greek yoghurt,peanut butter and honey

Very much a man who looks after his body!!! Well done.

Couldn't do it myself though, I like carbs and beer too much 🙂 

Link to post
34 minutes ago, dazmond said:

i dont drink or smoke either......👍

 

im an 18 stone bodybuilder and 6ft 2in.....i eat the best meat ham,turkey,chicken,fillet steak,etc as well as fruit,veg,yoghurt,wholegrains,etc....this also includes toiletries,cleaning stuff,bleach,etc and i also spend at least £20 on protein bars per week....

We don't eat meat so probably save a quite bit as I know it's expensive

7 minutes ago, dazmond said:

i have a nespresso machine and drink 6 pods a day,buy the best peanut butter and also buy the most expensive veggie burgers because they taste better.....

You need to buy some decent coffee not those pods, I drink a litre of fresh coffee every morning it wakes me up a bit 🤯

Link to post
10 hours ago, Martyn said:

Has anyone noticed the cost of things going up? particularly in the supermarkets. SWMBO was analyzing the receipt from her latest shopping trip and came to the conclusion that some items have gone up as much as 20% this year whilst other items have less in the packet.

I know that increases have been predicted due to Brexit, and then there is the Covid effect, but I would like to know if this is happenning accross the UK or if we are being exploited more than usual here in Guernsey.

Stay safe guys.

 

your not wrong. Take breakfast cereal as example. Box used to last ages, or seemed to. Now a normal box does about 4 average sized bowls. Pathetic. Many families would need about 8 boxes just for one weeks brecky. Outrageous, good on you Marcus Rashford 👍

Link to post

i love my nespresso machine....the sound of it and the aroma while its brewing...its just so damn convenient!i use 2 pods at a time....

  • Like 2
Link to post
11 minutes ago, dazmond said:

i love my nespresso machine....the sound of it and the aroma while its brewing...its just so damn convenient!i use 2 pods at a time....

I'm old school and use a cafetiere I have freshly roasted and ground coffee delivered each week, now that's proper coffee 😉

Link to post
1 hour ago, dazmond said:

i dont drink or smoke either......👍

 

im an 18 stone bodybuilder and 6ft 2in.....i eat the best meat ham,turkey,chicken,fillet steak,etc as well as fruit,veg,yoghurt,wholegrains,etc....this also includes toiletries,cleaning stuff,bleach,etc and i also spend at least £20 on protein bars per week....

Don’t get your protein bars from Tesco. If you go to bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk you can get there own brand on deal for 50% off. I buy on average 4 packs of 12 per month and it costs me £24. Spend over £49 and you get free delivery as well. 

Link to post

Went down the local ASDA tuffee aisle yesterday looking for a treat...and lots of what was £1 are now £1.25 to £2 pounds. Price increses of 25% to 100%. That aint inline with inflation.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Dave B said:

😢 I feel sorry for you lol

🤣 No need too mate, my wife is an excellent cook, we don't eat the 💩 they usually have on menus and I would say my wifes cooking is better than some of places we have eaten at in the past where there is professional chef's 

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.