Jump to content

Ova 8 pole from streamline


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dt 20 said:

Thinking off getting a ova 8 pole herd some good things about them what do use think ?

Personally don’t own one but have tried them found it very heavy compared to Gardiners , 

Link to post

Yeah they are heavier but I have really grown to love using my ova 8. Its just so damn comfortable to hold and the swivel attachment is really good. Would recommend them but would not get a long one as they are quite heavy.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Crystalalan said:

Yeah they are heavier but I have really grown to love using my ova 8. Its just so damn comfortable to hold and the swivel attachment is really good. Would recommend them but would not get a long one as they are quite heavy.

Yea I read a lot off good reviews on them tbh I was just going get a 22ft for my domestic work 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Dt 20 said:

Yea I read a lot off good reviews on them tbh I was just going get a 22ft for my domestic work 

That will be perfect. I have a ova 8 17 and a 40 footer. The 40 footer is really heavy though. Best off sticking with gardiner for the long ones.

I also love the anti spin factor. Will save you money in the long run!

Link to post

The problem hear is some people have never had any other make of pole so have nothing to compare to , Gardiners are light years ahead of all the other makes , we have tried most poles over the years but there’s are the best it’s ok ones recommending a pole but many use it only for add on work not 8 hours a day 5 days a week that makes a huge difference. The over  poles are very heavy and not that stiff but it’s personal choice but I wouldn’t want to use one all day every day .

Link to post

Well thats a fair point but I use my ova8 a heck of a lot. Had it over a year now and can say that I like mine and I`m glad I have it. I`m just giving my honest opinion on it, but yes did pick up my mates equivalent SLX and it did feel slightly lighter.

Link to post

I have a good degree of loyalty to Gardiner's, having found their brushes and poles to be a revalation after starting with fibreglass mad monkey poles. I use SLX and Extreme, I can't really fault them, even though I can see a couple of very minor tweeks I'd like to see. I've said before that I don't think we'd have the poles and brushes we have now if it hadn't been for the imagination and innovation of A G. I think we'd still be buying mediocre equipment because we'd have had little choice if he hadn't pushed the development. That's worth remembering, I think.

Edited by Davy G
Link to post
1 hour ago, Davy G said:

I have a good degree of loyalty to Gardiner's, having found their brushes and poles to be a revalation after starting with fibreglass mad monkey poles. I use SLX and Extreme, I can't really fault them, even though I can see a couple of very minor tweeks I'd like to see. I've said before that I don't think we'd have the poles and brushes we have now if it hadn't been for the imagination and innovation of A G. I think we'd still be buying mediocre equipment because we'd have had little choice if he hadn't pushed the development. That's worth remembering, I think.

Alex does  a lot of testing of kit before it ever goes on sale so irons out most of the issues before stuff is sold to the general public , obviously there are always improvements that can be made to all products but Gardiners stuff in my opinion takes a lot of beating we have tried most poles out there and always have gone back to the trusted Gardiners brand , I like to try new stuff out incase it is better so far I haven’t found any better poles out there , as for the spinning of poles from my experience it only happens when the pole is worn out ,or if always used in the closed position it will ware thin there and spin , but apart from that no problem. 

Link to post

Will throw my 2 pence in, only ever used gardiner poles, would I rate them, truthfully, I think they are average, have had all the slx series, i just don't feel they are value for money, seems to wear out pretty quickly, I do have staff using them 8 hours a day 5-6 days a a week.

All attachments and brushes are fantastic! 

 

I have my own set which I use daily and maintain very well, still think they wear out in no time. 

Been tempted for a extreme for a while but can't justify the cost, especially if it wears out even quicker! 

Open to suggestions for poles as id like try out other brands! 

Link to post
49 minutes ago, DCDom said:

Will throw my 2 pence in, only ever used gardiner poles, would I rate them, truthfully, I think they are average, have had all the slx series, i just don't feel they are value for money, seems to wear out pretty quickly, I do have staff using them 8 hours a day 5-6 days a a week.

All attachments and brushes are fantastic! 

 

I have my own set which I use daily and maintain very well, still think they wear out in no time. 

Been tempted for a extreme for a while but can't justify the cost, especially if it wears out even quicker! 

Open to suggestions for poles as id like try out other brands! 

We get 2-3 years out of an clx , six , used 8 hours a day 5 days a week by staff , I don’t intend posting what they have earned me but let’s say it’s many tens of thousands of pounds so £300-500 for an avarage pole is peanuts , the extream I use as an everyday pole lasts 15-18 months aprox again when I look at what I earn with it it’s cheap , but I do accept they are more delicate than the other poles , we are so busy the poles very rarely get cleaned or tape replaced maybe once in the life if they are lucky ,Ime sure if they were maintained they would last longer but Ime happy with how long they last . We have had other brands of poles ware out in 8-10 months and the suppliers didn’t want to know , also the poles spun from day one or the clamps kept coming undone and coming off the poles absolute rubbish certainly not fit  for purpose .

Edited by Pjj
Link to post

I have had my pole 3 1/2 years, it does spin, but I do think part of the problem is allowing them to spin. I was a little worried about over tightening, but I’ve realised if you use the gadget from Gardiners it’s much easier to tighten them without too much force, but tight enough to stop the spinning. I just lose  1/2 ‘ at the top of each section with it. I don’t like the idea of taping it, I know some do, I tried it , it scuffed off and dropped down the pole. 
I like @Pjjthink of the wages it’s earned me. Then divide that by the pole etc costs, it isn’t a lot when you work it out. When I first started wfp I have a lot of friends who are window cleaners so I was fortunate to go with their advice as regards poles etc.Most of them said Gardiners slx. I have a friend who uses the phantom pole he likes it but in time it spins too, so he replaces it. I have friends too who have poles hung in their garage that they don’t use because of weight etc. 
I chose Gardiners on advice and I’m glad I did. But I guess you have to try different ones for yourself. You might love the Ova pole. I think a few window cleaners on you tube love them. It’s personal choice really. But if you notice some have other poles but usually it’s certainly a Gardiner brush on the end of it. Like A E Mackintosh he uses supreme brush on one. Keep us updated on your personal thoughts. 

Link to post
25 minutes ago, Jango said:

I have had my pole 3 1/2 years, it does spin, but I do think part of the problem is allowing them to spin. I was a little worried about over tightening, but I’ve realised if you use the gadget from Gardiners it’s much easier to tighten them without too much force, but tight enough to stop the spinning. I just lose  1/2 ‘ at the top of each section with it. I don’t like the idea of taping it, I know some do, I tried it , it scuffed off and dropped down the pole. 
I like @Pjjthink of the wages it’s earned me. Then divide that by the pole etc costs, it isn’t a lot when you work it out. When I first started wfp I have a lot of friends who are window cleaners so I was fortunate to go with their advice as regards poles etc.Most of them said Gardiners slx. I have a friend who uses the phantom pole he likes it but in time it spins too, so he replaces it. I have friends too who have poles hung in their garage that they don’t use because of weight etc. 
I chose Gardiners on advice and I’m glad I did. But I guess you have to try different ones for yourself. You might love the Ova pole. I think a few window cleaners on you tube love them. It’s personal choice really. But if you notice some have other poles but usually it’s certainly a Gardiner brush on the end of it. Like A E Mackintosh he uses supreme brush on one. Keep us updated on your personal thoughts. 

Yea totally agree gardiner are the best tbh I also have a phantom 30ft,

I got the idea off AE mackintosh he’s saying they perfect for domestic work where you don’t really need a big pole 

definitely temptered 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Iron Giant said:

Not sure if @HWCS does I know he deals a bit with company

I buy all my gear from Lee at Bladeright but not my poles, i prefer gardiner poles, a local windy close to me has an ova8 and ive had a go with it, but tbf i prefer the gardiner SLXs, weight wise is pretty much the same, few ounces here n there dont make much difference and i dont see much difference i bend.

Just had a 2nd man set up delivered by Bladeright 👍👍

20210203_150303.jpg

Edited by HWCS
  • Like 2
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.