Removing black spot on paving

tench0771

scottish cleaning service
38 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

I struggled with removing it today nite mare what % hypo do you guys use i was using 15 litres of water to 5 liters of hypo 

20210128_130834.jpg

20210130_112723.jpg

If its black lichen then I just use neat hypo. Another good idea is to soak bits of a cloth in neat hypo and sit on top of the black lichen and PW the next day.😉

scottish cleaning service
10 minutes ago, tench0771 said:

She was happy with clean even tipped me so i left it as is but was not happy other side was fine just that area on corner ☹

Aye, been there but you will know what to do the next time. When you go to price the job make sure you have 5l hypo in the van and plenty of rags. If you get the job there and then, then see if there is any bad black bits and leave some neat hypo rags down or do the same when you turn up to do the job. By the time you are ready to go it has usually done its job. 😉

Most folk think black lichen is apart of the Indian sandstone I have found out. tbh

1 hour ago, tench0771 said:

I struggled with removing it today nite mare what % hypo do you guys use i was using 15 litres of water to 5 liters of hypo 

20210128_130834.jpg

20210130_112723.jpg

On stuff like that you can use it neat or the Tesco thick bleach works well the cheap stuff squirt it on and brush it around leave it for an hour pressure wash off jobs a good un