Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Sea spray on windows

Ian your local window

Hi guys, anyone do homes near the sea! I've just been to a house I've done for 4 months every 4 weeks and there was a lot of sea spray on the glass and normal cleaning with pure 0 TDs water fed pole just wouldn't get it done right. Lot's of streaks. I checked my TDs and it was 0, the previous and the house after came up beautiful. Question is there a technique for Windows that have been subjected to major sea spray? Cheers Ian

High flow rate, do a few that are on the seafront and the last wash they were filthy from all of the easterly's we've had. @spruce will have had the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Part Timer said:

High flow rate, do a few that are on the seafront and the last wash they were filthy from all of the easterly's we've had. @spruce will have had the same.

Awesome thanks

I think there are three ways you can approach this problem, turn the flow up and use loads of water as PT suggested, spray the whole window with detergent/tfr or fill a bucket with soapy water and use a traditional applicator to give a pre-wash.

One house that we do is all large glass panels facing the sea which is only about 20ft away at high tide, I have tried all three methods and favour the applicator if they are really bad. Salt can be a right PITA, so can sand to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
2 minutes ago, Martyn said:

I think there are three ways you can approach this problem, turn the flow up and use loads of water as PT suggested, spray the whole window with detergent/tfr or fill a bucket with soapy water and use a traditional applicator to give a pre-wash.

One house that we do is all large glass panels facing the sea which is only about 20ft away at high tide, I have tried all three methods and favour the applicator if they are really bad. Salt can be a right PITA, so can sand to be fair.

Thanks very much

3 minutes ago, Martyn said:

Thanks very much

1 hour ago, Ian your local window said:

Hi guys, anyone do homes near the sea! I've just been to a house I've done for 4 months every 4 weeks and there was a lot of sea spray on the glass and normal cleaning with pure 0 TDs water fed pole just wouldn't get it done right. Lot's of streaks. I checked my TDs and it was 0, the previous and the house after came up beautiful. Question is there a technique for Windows that have been subjected to major sea spray? Cheers Ian

Some of our sea facing windows need cleaning everyday when the wind blows of the North Sea. ?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
3 minutes ago, spruce said:

Some of our sea facing windows need cleaning everyday when the wind blows of the North Sea. ?

thanks

2 hours ago, Ian your local window said:

Hot water and plenty of it , hot dissolves the salt cold tends to just move it around the window , give the whole window a quick going over and rinse then go over it again and rinse with plenty of water . Haven’t seen you around Helston recently ??? 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
7 hours ago, Pjj said:

Hot water and plenty of it , hot dissolves the salt cold tends to just move it around the window , give the whole window a quick going over and rinse then go over it again and rinse with plenty of water . Haven’t seen you around Helston recently ??? 

Hiya Pjj, thanks very much. Been about but probably just missed each other ? I park at the country kitchen to grab a brew, if you see me there I'll get you a coffee. Darn I hope I don't have to get a hot water system now! Lol

I live on the Western Isles , lots of wind , sea spray a big issue , I use hot and lots off flow but if it’s particularly bad I first go round the customers windows with there garden hose , wash off the worst then a good clean with pure , our water TDS up here is 55 so can get off with this method , works well for me 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Donny said:

I live on the Western Isles , lots of wind , sea spray a big issue , I use hot and lots off flow but if it’s particularly bad I first go round the customers windows with there garden hose , wash off the worst then a good clean with pure , our water TDS up here is 55 so can get off with this method , works well for me 

Hi Donny, great thanks very much

Most of my work is coastal ? forget tfr soap just pure water lots of scrubing and rinsing hot water is best but cold will be ok scrubbing and rinsing is the key and lots and lots of it 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2
22 hours ago, tench0771 said:

Most of my work is coastal ? forget tfr soap just pure water lots of scrubing and rinsing hot water is best but cold will be ok scrubbing and rinsing is the key and lots and lots of it 

Awesome thanks

I was thinking of something else when this came up ? as we have watched the series again all week

in this house.jpg

Edited by Iron Giant
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

I was thinking of something else when this came up ? as we have watched the series again all week

in this house.jpg

Hi there, trying to work out what this is! ?

16 minutes ago, Ian your local window said:

Hi there, trying to work out what this is! ?

The League Of Gentlemen you can watch it on iplayer you'll get it once you watch it, it's a weird one that's for certain ?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Hahahaha

4 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

The League Of Gentlemen you can watch it on iplayer you'll get it once you watch it, it's a weird one that's for certain ?

Ahhhh ok thought I recognized the picture

4 hours ago, Davy G said:

Haha! My wife won't let me watch it. Too dark. Too weird.??  ?

In this house we have always been weird ?

• Haha 2

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.