Jump to content

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Still learning on pricing


Recommended Posts

Done a conservatory roof today what a pain it was 

priced it at a 1hour and a half and was there for 3hours + never again ad rather do a day cleaning windows 

under priced my self but a least I’m getting paid while learning 

definitely going in higher next time!

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Dt 20 said:

under priced my self but a least I’m getting paid while learning 

definitely going in higher next time!

That's the good thing about this job you do actually earn something whilst learning. Not many apprentices make £20+ an hour

Link to comment
3 minutes ago, Dt 20 said:

Done a conservatory roof today what a pain it was 

priced it at a 1hour and a half and was there for 3hours + never again ad rather do a day cleaning windows 

under priced my self but a least I’m getting paid while learning 

definitely going in higher next time!

Do some market research and search for the competitions pricing structure or read through the forum content.

Starting out isn't easy but knowing what your worth per hour is paramount 

Link to comment

Last year I had no idea on pricing conservatory roofs and simply estimated the time it would take.  I always under-estimated.

I now charge a flat rate of £10 per panel.  I don't often get accepted at those prices but that suits me just dandy because I do not like doing them.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Part Timer said:

That's the good thing about this job you do actually earn something whilst learning. Not many apprentices make £20+ an hour

Very true mate

Link to comment
1 hour ago, NewGuy said:

Last year I had no idea on pricing conservatory roofs and simply estimated the time it would take.  I always under-estimated.

I now charge a flat rate of £10 per panel.  I don't often get accepted at those prices but that suits me just dandy because I do not like doing them.

That’s my plan mate 

Go in high 

Link to comment
On 15/04/2021 at 19:14, Dt 20 said:

Done a conservatory roof today what a pain it was 

priced it at a 1hour and a half and was there for 3hours + never again ad rather do a day cleaning windows 

under priced my self but a least I’m getting paid while learning 

definitely going in higher next time!

Turned down conservatory roof Friday myself . Would of needed to use a couple of scaffold boards and ladder to get to one side and be on my bad knees whilst struggling. Other side would of been straightforward....but do not need that hassle, so turned it down without even giving a high quote.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, mike007 said:

Turned down conservatory roof Friday myself . Would of needed to use a couple of scaffold boards and ladder to get to one side and be on my bad knees whilst struggling. Other side would of been straightforward....but do not need that hassle, so turned it down without even giving a high quote.

That's where a narrow tower scaffold comes in. I bought one a year ago and what a difference it has made, using it today to replace a worn-out gutter.

Link to comment
1 hour ago, scottish cleaning service said:

That's where a narrow tower scaffold comes in. I bought one a year ago and what a difference it has made, using it today to replace a worn-out gutter.

But you have to load the scaffolding, go to customer address, offload and carry round to conservatory, erect and level off, get the boards and cleaning tools/chemicals, do the job...then pack all your gear away....lots of hassle. Think I prefer to just do windows.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mike007 said:

But you have to load the scaffolding, go to customer address, offload and carry round to conservatory, erect and level off, get the boards and cleaning tools/chemicals, do the job...then pack all your gear away....lots of hassle. Think I prefer to just do windows.

Looks more professional with a scaffold and you can charge the correct price. Two ladder frames with wheels already on, 4 poles, and a platform, hardly alot of work. Did that gutter with only 4 ladder frames and my mate moving it along with me fitting the new gutter, was great bar the gutter was full of dirty sand. Had to clean the sand off the facing brick with the wfp without the water on or I would have spread it.

Link to comment

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.


Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Ad Blocker Detected

Please disable your ad blocker

Our forum relies on ads to pay for the servers and our time maintaining and running the forum.

Sadly running a forum like this is not free, and due to our popularity, we need servers that can handle the amount of traffic and resources our forum uses.

 

If you do not wish to see ads on our site, please consider supporting the forum with a membership subscription.

 

Accept