Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.

Traditional winter cleaning

Do other traditional window cleaners come to a point in winter when you dont work due to cold, frost, ice and snow? Or do you just work through it? Obv ladders wont be a good idea in ice etc I also use pole work, I'm just wondering if you stay off until the weather gets better or not

23 minutes ago, Taz69 said:

Do other traditional window cleaners come to a point in winter when you dont work due to cold, frost, ice and snow? Or do you just work through it? Obv ladders wont be a good idea in ice etc I also use pole work, I'm just wondering if you stay off until the weather gets better or not

This industry isn't one of let's take a unpaid holiday when winter is here.

It's a hardcore job which isn't for the weak lazy or lame.

As long as your water doesn't freeze in the bucket and your squeegee doesn't weld itself to the glass it's work O'Clock

2 hours ago, Apw1210 said:

This industry isn't one of let's take a unpaid holiday when winter is here.

It's a hardcore job which isn't for the weak lazy or lame.

As long as your water doesn't freeze in the bucket and your squeegee doesn't weld itself to the glass it's work O'Clock

This ☝️

Most windies work year round. 

@Taz69

You just need to dress properly to work in cold climate weather.

Make sure your work flow is efficient you dont want to waste time in the cold 

Hydration is just as important as it is during the heat of the summer. 

Hope this helps. 

Yes. If the water is freezing on the glass there’s not a lot you can do. I’ve been known to use winter screen wash, or a glut of antifreeze in my bucket. 

But in the uk the amount of really freezing days are few, usually if you just wait an hour or two it’s warmed up enough to carry on. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
15 hours ago, swc1 said:

This ☝️

Most windies work year round. 

@Taz69

You just need to dress properly to work in cold climate weather.

Make sure your work flow is efficient you dont want to waste time in the cold 

Hydration is just as important as it is during the heat of the summer. 

Hope this helps. 

I love early winter morning when it's ice cold and frosty. Quiet roads no one about which makes the morning go quicker.

I'm still wearing my shorts come rain or shine

If particularly cold/icy sometimes wise to start slightly later to allow a bit of sunlight on windows. Having water after applicating the window freeze is a bu**er at the start of your working day.

Don't want to see ads? Become a subscribed member.