Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Any recommendations on interior window cleaning system?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Salan

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.

Which is the best system to use for interior high windows both residential and commercial.

I was thinking of something that can spray purified water and mop to clean it such as the Gardiner ones. But it's a bit expensive. OR has anyone used a squeegee to clean upto 3 story high.

If there's any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. 

I have attached a file pic from the internet to show the type of window I am talking about.

IMG-20210825-WA0006.jpg

If you are good with a trad pole you could do it that way it will give the best results, I found the spray and pads system absolutely useless unless the windows were 99% clean before you started , we tried it on car showrooms and ended up with a scaffold tower and doing it trad , we no longer bother with this type of work . 

If you are good with a trad pole you could do it that way it will give the best results, I found the spray and pads system absolutely useless unless the windows were 99% clean before you started , we tried it on car showrooms and ended up with a scaffold tower and doing it trad , we no longer bother with this type of work . 
Thanks @Pjj

How would you deal with the water dripping on the wall from the interior when using trad pole?  the new picture I have added...how do you deal with this wall separating the glass...how do u clean all the way to the bottom.

Screenshot_20210924-004614_Gallery.jpg

You dint need tons of water on the glass use a damp applicator rather than one dripping with water , most of the water will naturally run down the pains use a dry applicator on a pole to mop up the ledges , or tie a scrim around the applicator to Soak it up . You shouldn’t get that much water running down the walls . I can only see the original picture??

You dint need tons of water on the glass use a damp applicator rather than one dripping with water , most of the water will naturally run down the pains use a dry applicator on a pole to mop up the ledges , or tie a scrim around the applicator to Soak it up . You shouldn’t get that much water running down the walls . I can only see the original picture??
Thanks again @Pjj

I will give this a try ....I am getting loads of inquiries regarding interior cleaning.

I have reattached the photo again. I have highlighted the wall separating the 2 windows.

How do you clean the window all the way to the edge?

Also.do u use the swivel squeezers? How are they?

Thanks again pjj

Screenshot_20210924-004614_Gallery.jpg

Thanks again @Pjj

I will give this a try ....I am getting loads of inquiries regarding interior cleaning.

I have reattached the photo again. I have highlighted the wall separating the 2 windows.

How do you clean the window all the way to the edge?

Also.do u use the swivel squeezers? How are they?

Thanks again pjj

View attachment 25634
Ah ok I see what you mean about the wall , shouldn’t be a problem a bit of water shouldn’t hurt it provided it’s not covered in wall paper . Only other option would be a scaffold tower and get up close and personal, but that would be costly and time consuming , this is why we stopped doing this type of work , just a question can you not get easier work rather than this type of job ? Ime not criticising what you are doing but just trying to make life easier for you . 

You can get the squeeze within a couple of mm of the edges if not closer and at that height it won’t be seen if there is a couple of mm not done . 

We do have swivelling squeegees and fixed ones but very rarely use them theses day as we do very little internal work , they take a bit of getting used to but practice makes perfect ???

Reminds me a bit of a job of mine custy wants the internals done but this is a new extension with deep sills about 6 inches or so which are plaster and painted, the high level ones me and @THL4KEL did with a ladder on the first clean, but there wasn't a big chandelier in the way and I don't want to have to go in with a triple extension ladder again as it would be a two man job as I don't have a ladder or roof rack

Trad pole would be no good as sills would be left dirty and there is room with with a glass balcony over looking the room so the dirty sills could very easily be seen there is 6 higher level windows in total as well which he is keen on having done plus two others in the hallway

A scissor lift or tower would achieve the best result I’d say, obviously adds to the cost though. 
looks like hassle though ?

I have a few jobs involving high internal window cleaning that I use a pole for. I think the comments above have pretty much covered it. I tried using a microfibre pad with pure water similar to the Gardiner system, but I found that it only really works for polishing windows, if there is any dirt or grime it smears it. using a swivel squeegee and fliq pad gets the best results but I found it has taken A LOT of practice to get good results. Gardiner do a trad tool attachment which when combined with a goosekneck on a pole and the moerman squeegee handle, it helps get to windows that are deep into the wall. 

it takes a lot of practice and in the meantime, I did a lot of detailing with a scrim!!! but it does get easier. 

I have a few jobs involving high internal window cleaning that I use a pole for. I think the comments above have pretty much covered it. I tried using a microfibre pad with pure water similar to the Gardiner system, but I found that it only really works for polishing windows, if there is any dirt or grime it smears it. using a swivel squeegee and fliq pad gets the best results but I found it has taken A LOT of practice to get good results. Gardiner do a trad tool attachment which when combined with a goosekneck on a pole and the moerman squeegee handle, it helps get to windows that are deep into the wall. 

it takes a lot of practice and in the meantime, I did a lot of detailing with a scrim!!! but it does get easier. 
Thank you for the advice @CMcB

Definitely the gooseneck extension will help.

Will start training and let you know how it goes.

@Jimmy O It won't be possible with a scissor lift. It won't be able to fit into residential.

@Pjj when I clean the outside the client realizes it's the inside is the problem. So they want me to come up with  solution. I will definitely give  a go with a trad pole and see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. 

Enjoy your weekend guys.

I would use;

An unger optilock extension,

Unger nylon angle adaptor

Unger fix clamp

Well rung out applicator

You can use a moerman, unger 0° or 30° depending on the angle.

Nothing should drip on the wall, I wouldn't only worry about that unless it was the inside of velux window.

You can put a microfiber on the fixi clamp to do frames, sills.

Another option is just take a ladder in, it look like quite a large foyer. An A pointer, or extsion ladder with mitts, could be rested straight on to the frames. I would cover the mitt with a few dry sills clothes to avoid any marking on walls, and take extra care if its tiled floor, a ladder stop of matts may be needed.

I would personally try poles first though.

I would use;

An unger optilock extension,

Unger nylon angle adaptor

Unger fix clamp

Well rung out applicator

You can use a moerman, unger 0° or 30° depending on the angle.

Nothing should drip on the wall, I wouldn't only worry about that unless it was the inside of velux window.

You can put a microfiber on the fixi clamp to do frames, sills.

Another option is just take a ladder in, it look like quite a large foyer. An A pointer, or extsion ladder with mitts, could be rested straight on to the frames. I would cover the mitt with a few dry sills clothes to avoid any marking on walls, and take extra care if its tiled floor, a ladder stop of matts may be needed.

I would personally try poles first though.
He is in Nairobi Kenya, so what you list may not be available to him 

I use a pole, a step ladder and a telescopic ladder, can get to most things. 
internal cleaning is not popular with most window cleaners, so don’t price “competitively”, and don’t do it when it’s sunny if at all possible ??

Hi guys, hope you are all doing well.

Which is the best system to use for interior high windows both residential and commercial.

I was thinking of something that can spray purified water and mop to clean it such as the Gardiner ones. But it's a bit expensive. OR has anyone used a squeegee to clean upto 3 story high.

If there's any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it. 

I have attached a file pic from the internet to show the type of window I am talking about.

View attachment 25631
Unger 18" ergo tec s plus squeegee and pole works well for me 

I noticed on an old vid green pro was recommending karcher vac for inside of conny roofs, which i always find the worst pita ever. yet to hear off anyone if they have persevered with this method and found it good/carried on with it?

I noticed on an old vid green pro was recommending karcher vac for inside of conny roofs, which i always find the worst pita ever. yet to hear off anyone if they have persevered with this method and found it good/carried on with it?
We are doing a small conservatory inside and out tomorrow, just using squeegee and applicator provided it’s not to full of water I find it works well 

We are doing a small conservatory inside and out tomorrow, just using squeegee and applicator provided it’s not to full of water I find it works well 
Makes sense, its the neck ache from the inside roof that gets me, but even with a karcher would still have to bend your neck like that.

Latest Posts

Back