Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Struggling with excel

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davidpatrick1978

Hello how do you organise all window cleaning customers in ur iphone I know it seems like a daft question bu if u have a 100 plus say how do u control numbers address in order of who u do each day and areas it’s confusing me any help please ? are there apps or anything to help plus how do u use Microsoft excel for window cleaning keeping on track with everything I start Friday and don’t want to think of stress from this

Have a look at squeegee or cleaner planner. I prefare squeegee as you get more useful features within the standard price. It's a little clunky but support is very good. 

There's loads of window cleaning software out there that's compatible with smartphones - Cleanerplanner, Squeegee, Aworka etc... You pay a monthly fee for these.

Being a skinflint I've used Roundtracker (basically Excel) from day 1 & it's perfect for my needs for a one-off cost of £29. 

Have a look at squeegee or cleaner planner. I prefare squeegee as you get more useful features within the standard price. It's a little clunky but support is very good. 
Ched beat me to it! ?

In my phone I put the customers name followed by the first part of address.

eg Maureen - 16 Torbay Ave

Just having names only would be confusing.  If they have a partner I put their partners name as well so I don't really have to remember it.  

eg Maureen and Bob - 16 Torbay Ave

It's nice and polite to know everybody's names without having to say 'sorry what's your name again...'

For organising it all, I just put it in an Excel spreadsheet.  Not the easiest but it's not failed me and I like how I can quickly scroll through the weeks and see who's booked in for one off's.  Also allows me to plan b/hols and Christmas time easily.

Hello how do you organise all window cleaning customers in ur iphone I know it seems like a daft question bu if u have a 100 plus say how do u control numbers address in order of who u do each day and areas it’s confusing me any help please ? are there apps or anything to help plus how do u use Microsoft excel for window cleaning keeping on track with everything I start Friday and don’t want to think of stress from this
I just use a day per page diary or excel 

Free to use no stupid subscriptions or technology to worry about 

Although I have only started recently I do use squeegee. My reasoning is that it makes things simple for me at a cost! What I mean is that I can see all my work listed for the next week or any week for that matter, I have notes on each custy like what size pole is required brush etc but also when the job is done, I just click a button and the invoice is sent to their email address no messing just a couple of clicks. I do also drop a card with bank details on, but squeegee give custys options to pay via credit card (strip) or gocardless (direct debit) again additional costs to me, but easy for customers and me as I can see payments, although not via bank transfer all in the app.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my phone I put the customers name followed by the first part of address.

eg Maureen - 16 Torbay Ave

Just having names only would be confusing.  If they have a partner I put their partners name as well so I don't really have to remember it.  

eg Maureen and Bob - 16 Torbay Ave

It's nice and polite to know everybody's names without having to say 'sorry what's your name again...'

For organising it all, I just put it in an Excel spreadsheet.  Not the easiest but it's not failed me and I like how I can quickly scroll through the weeks and see who's booked in for one off's.  Also allows me to plan b/hols and Christmas time easily.
I use a similar system in my name section except I have the opposite. For example: "1 Main St John Smith". 

The annoying situation is though, that when customers sign up to Gocardless via the button on my invoice (generated by Squeegee) the 'names' get automatically filled in on the sign up form and the customers don't have the initiative to put the right info in. So I get mandates for a "Mr 1 Main St Smith" for example! I'm amazed that they actually get approved! 

I'm a squeegee user and it's great. Keeps everything tidy and organised which I'm not very good at! £18 a month which is roughly the cost of a 3 bed semi so all in all not that bad. I think if I was more computer literate (and organised) I'd use spreadsheets or similar. If the price goes up stupidly I may reconsider and find another way. Good luck mate ?

I started 5 years ago and used Aworka from day 1. Never had a single issue with it. £12 per month. I think its brilliant. 
Aworka is good for the price per month I used it years ago and only switched to Cleaner Planner because the updates needed at that time just never came, I'd go with Aworka if starting out I had too many issues with Squeegee and couldn't get on with it at all.

Hi guys customers are starting to reel in a bit now I’m getting worried about the organisation of it I’m very key to sorting things out but want something simple to help who is on today’s cleaning who has paid who hasn’t this is the challenge for me the cleaning has become a doddle how do I sort taxes out I’ve kept recipts  and took photos of online records for buying but i need simple stuff hope u can help please I know there are subcritical apps I don’t mind paying for if it’s helps me just want to clean and get on with it once I know how something works il be okay  

Hi guys customers are starting to reel in a bit now I’m getting worried about the organisation of it I’m very key to sorting things out but want something simple to help who is on today’s cleaning who has paid who hasn’t this is the challenge for me the cleaning has become a doddle how do I sort taxes out I’ve kept recipts  and took photos of online records for buying but i need simple stuff hope u can help please I know there are subcritical apps I don’t mind paying for if it’s helps me just want to clean and get on with it once I know how something works il be okay  
Read back through this we I have now merged, using one of these apps will also keep your accounting in order

Just use excel spread sheets costs nothing and a different sheet for each weeks work simple  and works well . 
Same for me, i have 22 rounds, each one is on a seperate spread sheet and each sheet is ok for 3 cleans so only have to print out the sheets every 18 weeks.

Each sheet has collumns

Name, address, phone number, price, xtras  paid  paid  paid

Then i just write in the date they pay if its cash i put a C if its bank tfr or cheque i put a B

Takes me 10mins while im having a morning cuppa to cross reference bank payments onto sheets.

And on 1st of the month i just go through the sheets and txt/email people that havnt paid, takes me 20mins.

If you're really struggling, you could just use paper and pencil for now and digitize it when you've figured out what you want to do. 

Get a small A6 notebook with squared paper. Put the addresses/customers on the left in a list with the price. Across the top have dates cleaned, and in the squares put a / for cleaned and a \ for paid so when it's done and paid it will have X if skipped put O. 

Used this method for years quite happily. Using squeegee app now though. 

IMG_20210926_221931.jpg

I've added a pic from my collecting book from 2008. I didn't have many details at the time! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at apps but was probably too big to be bothered putting all the information in by them time I looked at them. I now use Excel rather than paper though I did start with a book as per SKxawng. No extra costs and I have a formulae in excel which works out the next cleaning due date so don't have to worry about when I should be there next. Start with book then work up. If you do use the Apps get on it straight away and start entering all the information in from day 1 otherwise it can become a big job.

Back