Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Working when raining

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Each to their own mate.

@Pjj will work in the rain hes a southerner

@Part Timer will work in torrential rain hes a northerner

@HWCS (me) i wont work if it looks like rain im a ginger 

??????????????

As for your brushes the big one will heamoarge water and kill your back and shoulders within a month, i ha e one that i use for 5 houses in one street all with massive windows and i ache for 2 days after just 90mins work with it.

Hello guys I’m doing okay started up 2 weeks ago now only been canvassing twice and by a customer telling me about a app called neighbour hood I’ve got customers coming to me I’ve around 22 customers which as amazed me 

how much dose it have to rain before u stop cleaning I don’t mind being in it but a lot of window cleaners say don’t work in it but how can u make ur money up say if it rains constantly for 2 days etc 

plus got a new wider soft medium sill brush from gardeners today are the bigger ones better than the smaller ones regards david 
I stop when all my outdoor gear is soaked. I like to have a pvc clean in the pipeline, and do that on a very wet day....   ? 

3 hours cleaning in the rain today and an hour yesterday.....its not pleasant but id rather be out cleaning than sat at home earning nothing and getting behind with work.....also the great advantage of working in the rain is your customers dont bat an eyelid after a few years when you turn up in wet weather....

this is the number one reason why window cleaners dont work in the rain!...customer perception.....dont let the weather throw you off your schedule!

obviously if its really bad with strong winds to boot then finish early or reschedule for another day but i only have to do this maybe once or twice during the whole year....the rest of the time its workable...

trust me you ll feel better than sitting it out at home!it very rarely rains heavily all day either so theres usually a few hours of dry weather to work in during a wet day anyway....
Spot on ?

Each to their own mate.

@Pjj will work in the rain hes a southerner

@Part Timer will work in torrential rain hes a northerner

@HWCS (me) i wont work if it looks like rain im a ginger 

??????????????

As for your brushes the big one will heamoarge water and kill your back and shoulders within a month, i ha e one that i use for 5 houses in one street all with massive windows and i ache for 2 days after just 90mins work with it.
You must be a strawberry blond. Real gingers work in the rain ???‍?

Could do with a pair of ankle wellies, getting a bit fed up of wet feet.

What do you use? Do you have a link?
I bought some Agile ones of amazon and they held up well and I still wear them and they have a decent tread on them I also have some Muck Boots as well, plenty on amazon of varying prices.

For any new starters concerned about rain.. wait till proper winter sets in when the thermometer goes into minus figures and the big freeze sets in 
If they can't work in a bit of rain when it's warm, they'll knackered in the cold and winters ain't so bad anymore this will be my 21st winter and they have got a lot less challenging over the years. 

Worked today altho was windy but no rain until last couple jobs. Did feel bad but just luck of the draw..I think if it's chucking it down time to go home as it's look silly if you look like a drowned rat ?

do commercial stuff or plan plastic cleans etc for the raiN

if your desperate go to the houses where people aren’t in

People look at you in disbelief when you turn up and it’s lashing it down and I’m fed up of going through the explanation of why does it matter if it rained before , during or 5minutes after I’ve finished 

it rarely rains all day and rarely that heavy consistently all day that you can’t squeeze some work in 

as said above check the radar see how it’s moving and you’ll be halfway there

Sometimes you just have to sit it out the forecast isn't always 100% no rain forecast yesterday but we had heavy showers today heavy rain from now till 12am I didn't fill the van last night and will just see what it's like when I take the dogs out if I can some work done I will but I don't work in heavy rain because I don't have to

Back