Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Portable shower/propane systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

JohnDoeWindows

Are people still using these? Found a lot of people talking about them on here and Green Pro's videos about his system and it looked like it worked well. 

Are they easy enough to fit and do they work well? I'm thinking this will be the route I go down as opposed to an immersion heater. 

Are people still using these? Found a lot of people talking about them on here and Green Pro's videos about his system and it looked like it worked well. 

Are they easy enough to fit and do they work well? I'm thinking this will be the route I go down as opposed to an immersion heater. 
With respect, I really wouldn't entertain the thought as insurance can be tricky with DIY systems even if Simon the gas safe man says it's okay.

They can be a potential bomb and many vans have exploded as the Chineseium grade hoses perish and leak. 

There are also many that have countless issues with them and also the volume of heat they produce isn't enough. They also require a separate pump to deliver the water.

Just my observations and opinions though 

If you look into the regs regarding using a gas bottle in a vehicle then it starts getting quite complex. You have to have it in a box that is vented to outside and sealed to the interior of the vehicle. Then you are not allowed to have it running while driving. There are gas regulators that are legal to use without closing the tap before driving. Then you have the Gas Safe regs to comply with regarding air supplies and flu's. It is really a nightmare trying to get an installation to properly comply with all the regs it should. Then you have the 'quality' of the boiler!!!! 

My guess is that to do it properly would probably cost you more than a proper diesel system!!!!

If you can go immersion heater, and get a qualified electrician to do the van cabling/fusing.

Been running gas for years no issue with any of them im fully insured to carry a 13kilo bottle always turn tap off between jobs leave back doors open when its running only problem is the heater burner can blow out if its windy but gas cuts off i change my heaters every too years and gas pipe gas bottle has to be strapped down  . 

With respect, I really wouldn't entertain the thought as insurance can be tricky with DIY systems even if Simon the gas safe man says it's okay.

They can be a potential bomb and many vans have exploded as the Chineseium grade hoses perish and leak. 

There are also many that have countless issues with them and also the volume of heat they produce isn't enough. They also require a separate pump to deliver the water.

Just my observations and opinions though 
Im calling BS on that! Never heard anybody have vans explode, everybody i know use them, including myself, they dont require any second pumps either. They can vary in temp, but i had mine accidently ( hit the dial to max) crack a window, i can produce around 75 degrees hot. But wont use any hotter than 45

Im calling BS on that! Never heard anybody have vans explode, everybody i know use them, including myself, they dont require any second pumps either. They can vary in temp, but i had mine accidently ( hit the dial to max) crack a window, i can produce around 75 degrees hot. But wont use any hotter than 45
It's not BS It's the true outcome of faulty or poorly maintained cheap equipment 

A fault regulator, damaged hose or not standardised thermocouples can let gas escape quickly into a vehicle and cause a big bang. 

0_Chelmsford-van3.jpg

Ask @dazmond he nearly blew up his new van with one then saw the light and got a diesel heater .???

Back