Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

selling a round

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Only you can place a value on your round. Ultimately only you know how reliable your customers are, how they pay, etc. 

The going rate seems to be between from 3 cleans to 5, but I have seen people charge as much as 10 cleans which I'd never pay, but hey ho.

may be selling a round but not 100% sure how to go about valuing it.

what would be the best way to calculate this?

the round averages £1600 a month.
Technically it's worth nothing as you're only trying to sell a virtual promise 

Plenty of replies to this within the forum already 

You're better off speaking to your local window cleaners / competitors 

The problem you have when selling work is 95% of the time the people actively looking for work are the ones who don't have much work themselfs. That usually means they don't have much cash sitting to pay out alot of money. Then the people who have enough won't pay to much because they have enough anyway so there happy with what they have unless the price suits them.

The way youl guarantee you get a higher price will involve more of a risk.  I have sold work where me and the person I'm selling to agree a set price each week, an affordable price too so its not a struggle to pay it and they still have money to get them by.  I've always been paid fully from doing it that way but there's a chance obv that the person's a chancer and doesn't keep there end of the deal though.  Thankfully it's never happened to me, although I've only ever sold 3 parts before.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends if your in a saturated area or not. If you can easily canvas it why buy?

wfp is worth more than trad. Good prices and compact work help. 
 Rubbish work 2-4 times monthly. 
Top quality work 4-10 times monthly. 

Depends if your in a saturated area or not. If you can easily canvas it why buy?

wfp is worth more than trad. Good prices and compact work help. 
 Rubbish work 2-4 times monthly. 
Top quality work 4-10 times monthly. 

I have a load of work I want to get rid of but it’s difficult to sell it as it’s so easy to pick up work down hear so ones don’t  want to pay to buy a round . 

may be selling a round but not 100% sure how to go about valuing it.

what would be the best way to calculate this?

the round averages £1600 a month.
You’re not a Russian Oligarchs are you??

Ive sold a couple of small rounds for 3x the value of what it pays. So a round that pays £300 every 6 weeks, I’d be looking at £900. Maybe a little more if a lot of them got extras done. 

The lack of info given leaves us guessing a bit @penfold. If this is well priced work, paid online, long standing customers etc it will be worth more than cash payers, on the day, little to no records of the customers etc. In my experience, often when people come to sell work it's because it's underpriced and not making the profit they need. Anyone buying will want to see this is not the case. I've only ever bought work once, I bought it at exactly 1x the price of each clean. The chap approached me to buy it directly. I paid once half of the money was received from the customers. It is now some of my best paying work with some of my nicest customers. I have a windy friend across the other side of the county who had the complete opposite experience. He was approached and bought some work. It was trad so half of them dropped him when he tried to move them over. A couple of non payers and quite a few underpriced jobs. He paid good money for the round, in advance too.

Back