Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Disappointed In Aquadapter

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Have had enough of the aquadapter, only been used for about 2 weeks. I cannot carry on using it as the hose is an absolute nightmare twisting and kinking. Now the spring has become very stiff and not operating properly, or everytime.. Having to bring pole down to fix it.. All this arsing about with it annoys me.. I bought it thinking it would save time and water, well I'd say compared to my microbore tap it is costing me a lot more time and water! I was definitely quicker using a microbore tap in my hand so that's what I'm going back to..

It's blue, mk3

Open to offers

It took about a month for the pole hose to be good for me.

It's quite good hose.

Just trying out gardiner hose at the mo.

I have just fitted a tap to my brush head area and I must admit I am loving it lol.

It's actually better than a remote I think.

Hi Belfast,

Disappointed to read anyone is unhappy when we usually get such good feedback from customers about the Aqua-dapter and our hoses!

From reading your post, it's not the Aqua-dapter you're disappointed in particularly, but rather the way the orange hose behaves?

As Damo says, the hose does take a while to settle down, but some have found some small changes in their hose management techniques have also made a big difference.

You're welcome to try a different hose with the Aqua-dapter, but we recommend our hose, and the price includes 8m of it, because it's important that it's durable and doesn't stretch too much.

The other thing you might consider is switching to our red hose. Here's what someone posted on another forum about it yesterday evening:

the aqua adaptor hose is brilliant and doesn't coil up.
Here's our pole hose guide for reference: http://blog.aqua-dapter.co.uk/2012/11/aqua-dapter-pole-hose-guide/

Paul

How do you turn your water off when pole is extended if tap is at the brush?
I don't or if I want to reduce flow pinch hose.

I also run a remote system. Proving to be best setup in years.

Hi Belfast,

Disappointed to read anyone is unhappy when we usually get such good feedback from customers about the Aqua-dapter and our hoses!

From reading your post, it's not the Aqua-dapter you're disappointed in particularly, but rather the way the orange hose behaves?

As Damo says, the hose does take a while to settle down, but some have found some small changes in their hose management techniques have also made a big difference.

You're welcome to try a different hose with the Aqua-dapter, but we recommend our hose, and the price includes 8m of it, because it's important that it's durable and doesn't stretch too much.

The other thing you might consider is switching to our red hose. Here's what someone posted on another forum about it yesterday evening:

Here's our pole hose guide for reference: http://blog.aqua-dapter.co.uk/2012/11/aqua-dapter-pole-hose-guide/

Paul
Hey Paul. The we thing that pulls back and forward is now jamming on its way back, it feels really tight or stiff, and the x thing that turns is usually stopping on the wee pop up bit so it's not turning on/off.. I then need to put pole down to push it back up.. This has only started happening yesterday and today.. Sometimes having to tug 3 or 4 times to get it to work.. I first thought I was too soft, but today I was having to pull quite hard, and if customers see the way I was having to do it today they are going to think I'm a plonker!

I have tried un winding it, but after first house or 2 it's just as bad again.. Hate pulling up the pole and the water start shooting out and there's a knot of kink at the bottom of pole..

I really liked the idea of the aquadapter and so I didn't have to hold the tap in my hand but it's just not working for me.. /emoticons/sad.png

Hi Peter,

The lever just needs to be kept clean, regularly flush it out with some water and the occasional squirt of detergent will keep it moving freely. The maintenance instructions mention doing this as needed, but once a week anyway. Avoid using oil or other lubricants as they make things worse.

As I said, try a different hose if you would like, you may find you can use it if not on a really long pole. Alternatively the red behaves quite differently to the orange so you may get on better with that.

Unwinding the orange hose helps, but also allowing it time to settle down and making sure you don't put extra twists into the hose. One customer said he realized when he thought about it that he always turned clockwise when moving away from a window, keep doing this and each turn twists the hose. Once he varied turning clockwise and anti-clockwise, he really enjoyed using it.

Would like to try and understand why you're having difficulties with the orange hose when it's really popular with most customers :huh:

Paul

Really? Did you contact us to let us know? Email us at sales @ aqua-dapter .co.uk and we can look into this for you.

Hey Paul, I will give it a clean out tonight and change the hose and see if its any better tomorrow..

I also was given a different quick release adapter to the one you sell and now my top clamp on my lovely slx is about to fall off!!

I can't understand why it's me either lol..

Cheers

mad it just goes to show its horses for courses, i find the way the orange tubing coils a brucy bonus its alot easier to pick up and walk away to the next window i'll be gutted if its coiling properties fade i'll order some more straight away.....paul, whats the difference between the orange and the red tubing?

i have noticed that the spring sometines dosn't always fully return the star wheel to the top but i just push the orange tube up a little bit then tug it again......i proper love the aquadapter compared to the tap on my belt like i used to use.

paul i will give you a review after i've used both the phoenix pole and adapter for a few weeks, but so far well impressed

Hi Keir,

whats the difference between the orange and the red tubing?
You'll get the best information from these links:

Put simply the red is a little stiffer, so better for hot water users, and those with longer poles (around 35').

It doesn't coil as much, and so lays flat a little better. We don't recommend kinking it repeatedly in the same place, as it would be more likely to crack than the orange hose, so we recommend laying poles on the ground (bristles up) rather than standing them on the hose, which will kink it and risks the pole falling over and getting damaged.

Look forward to your review.

Paul

Looks a good idea but like damo says, the loop would do my head in, hence me not liking using a trigger !

It's like anything, it's what you get used to !

I have only used two types of pole hose.

1) Yellow from Gardiners. Don't like it. No longer use it.

2) Orange from Aquadapter. Love it.

I use it with and without the Aquadapter on different poles.

I find it coils away very tidily compared to the Gardiners which just ends up as a jumbled mess.

Back