All Round Cleaning

Anyone One Jury Service ?

All Round Cleaning

I got jury service next week was only initially for 2 weeks got a letter today from the courts

Saying ive been pottentialy chosen to do a 7 week trial !!!

Wtf how on earth am i supossed to do 7 weeks ????

Guest OoO

Turn up and when they ask the questions just lie.

" I am racist, does that matter?"

Works everytime.

And G WTF LOL!?!?

mrtaytay

I used to work in the Crown Court. You should write to them immediately explaining that 7 weeks away from your business will cause serious consequences which may even result in your business folding due to losing customers. Put plenty of detail in your letter. I would phone them as well. Also have a word with the jury manager when you first arrive at court. Hopefully the court will be sympathetic to your position.

nwcs

think this is the only good part of having a criminal record...........NO JURY SERVICE lol

David Taylor

think this is the only good part of having a criminal record...........NO JURY SERVICE lol

only if you`ve done more than a 5 year jail sentence will you be disqualified for life.

less than 5 years in prision or from offence date 10 years disqualified.

If your crackers this will also disqualify you so most window cleaners should be fine!! haha

nwcs

O dear.

Mite get call up then as ive been a good boy for over 10 years now......

shazzy692002

Wow they only pay £60 a day for jury to. £30 if its half day. You would not mind if they matched the wage. lol.

vespawho

I just got called up, but have sent thd forms back to try and defer it till winter. Told them just started new business etc fingers crossed.

But 7 weeks would be a killer, good luck!

Major_MInus

Thankfully for me I got mine out of the way last year. Can refuse to do it again if they ask, which is only fair I guess. It's quite interesting if you get a decent case, but the hanging around gets very tedious!

All Round Cleaning

im gonna have a word with them when i go monday and tell em straight i cant do 7 weeks .

it ay saying that i would get chosen to do the 7 week trial as i think they have double what they need anyway but we will see .

mrtaytay

It might be worth sending them an e mail tonight and ringing them tomorrow......just to put them on standby.

All Round Cleaning

I got me pin number to call them so will see what they say .