Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2,4 or 6 week cycle?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I'd stick to the 2weekly if your customers are keen on it, that means twice payed every month. 

I said on the last post about this, most windys in my round are dirty every two weeks, I don't think I'd get far using 4weekly or above, there could be birds **** on the window for weeks on end an I don't think that's wise as we're in the job of maintaining cleanliness of windows an frames, so that in my eyes means a clean every two weeks. 

Plus it be like a first clean every 4 to 6 weeks, taking longer to do, not good practice all round I don't think jmo lads
Longer frequencys aren’t as bad as you think especially when cleaning with wfp. Fortnightlys don’t come in that often these days as most tend to go with a monthly/4 weekly frequency and I find that’s the sweet spot. Most of my fortnightly customers are long term, 15 years+. 

Hi, im new to owning my own window cleaning business I have been going afew weeks and now I'm hitting a little problem... I work on my own just to keep costs down at the moment as I dont earn enough to pay another daily wage.

So my problem is i have 2 and 4weekly customers but the dates are now starting to clash so I'm working one week (2 weeklys) doing between 7 and 10 jobs a day but a fortnight later when the same day falls I can end up with around 14/15 jobs as the 4weekly customers are hitting the same day can anyone give me any help or point me in to the right direction on managing and condensing jobs any help would greatly be appreciated  thanks 
Slightly alter the cleaning days on the less prominent cycle to even things out.

Cant say I've ever been asked for 2 weekly. I offer 4 or 8 and tend to get a 50/50 split of both. 

I do wish I would have just done 6 weekly from the off though, would be much easier to manage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Cant say I've ever been asked for 2 weekly. I offer 4 or 8 and tend to get a 50/50 split of both. 

I do wish I would have just done 6 weekly from the off though, would be much easier to manage. 
There's advice from someone who's a lot more experienced than I am. I was reading this man's posts for a long time before I ever registered and contributed to this forum, while I was trying to gain information on equipment and techniques before and during starting up. Others that come to mind from my very early days, apart from those at present include : Tolish, Smurf, Tencho. There were several others whose names escape me at the moment.

I didn't come on asking questions at the time, there was no need. Others did that and the answer were mostly on the forum, just needed a bit of reading to understand it all. ?

No, not certain, but I think so. Can't remember to be honest.

This old getting older lark isn't all it's cracked up to be, to be honest. ?☺️
At 45 years of age my memory is possibly as bad as yours and @spruces  I have no excuse at least not that I admitting too from a misspent youth, try some old Toby ?

download.jpg

Happy days part timer, but I thought our goal is to keep the windows an frames clean an not let them get dirty? 

So they could be birds shite on the customers windows for nearly four weeks, if the birds decide to **** on the windys shortly after you've cleaned them lol

I'd rather an the customers round here 2weekly, plus twice the price each month lol
You can not be maximising your profit for the visits made, and the work done. It's impossible. You will only get twice the price each month if you're charging very low, pint and a pasty prices, not if you're charging a professional rate. I'll explain what I mean : Most of my work is 6 weekly. Most of my jobs are between £15 and £25. Let's take an example of £20 every 6 weeks. Nobody will pay £20 every 2 weeks ie £60 every 6 weeks for a £20 house. You're doing 3 times the visits and 3 times the work.

I'm looking for the pounds, not chasing the small change. I'm very confident most of the businessmen on here are doing the same. With the greatest of respect, the phrase "Busy fool" comes to mind.

I sincerely apologise if you see this post as an insult. It's absolutely not my intention. I'm out to try and help people thrive. ?

Back