Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650l Di van system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Renault master , excuse the untidy van ??it’s an Ionic’s pro 5  100ltr  with a Grippatank 9 kw boiler running three pumps 

View attachment 18422

View attachment 18423

View attachment 18424
That’s a tasty setup. What’s your payload then ? 

also does the boiler heat the water from cold instantly ? I’m currently thinking of buying a bigger van , looking at the new vivaro for payload. I’m unsure what size of tank to go for though. Preferably I’d like to do away with my ibc tank in the garage and just fill direct to the van 

That’s a tasty setup. What’s your payload then ? 

also does the boiler heat the water from cold instantly ? I’m currently thinking of buying a bigger van , looking at the new vivaro for payload. I’m unsure what size of tank to go for though. Preferably I’d like to do away with my ibc tank in the garage and just fill direct to the van 

payload is 1640 kg all models can and do differ quite a bit , the only reason I bought it was the payload , I wanted a sprinter or Vw crafter but the payload was only 1000 - 1200 no ware near enough . 
yes the boiler heats it straight away literally within 5 muinits it’s hot water . I have all the filtration in the van as we work all over the country on big commercial buildings so use lots of water . When I worked on my own I would empty a 650 ltr on my own on busy compact days , 1000 ltr is much better but obviously a bigger van is needed . 

I was thinking my next van would be a twin axle Man Van which is just a Crafter as VW own Man. It would mean a 5 ton limit and I could load 2.5 ton I think. I could permanently fix my pressure washer in the van and also have a 1000l tank. Will see how I get on after my van gets resprayed around Bottom, Plastics and Wheels which is costing £600. Nearly got everything together now and the gutter jobs are flying in, have 3 to do now. 

It’s such a hard choice trying to pick a system. Water works don’t reply, face lift is too small, grippa tank don’t seem to do upright tanks. 

I fancy a water works for the fact I’ve 2 electric reels and it can save space with the design. Ideally I’d like to get rid of my ibc tank in the garage and just fill up from the ro in the garage and for it to automatically cut off when done.

any suggestions ? 

It’s such a hard choice trying to pick a system. Water works don’t reply, face lift is too small, grippa tank don’t seem to do upright tanks. 

I fancy a water works for the fact I’ve 2 electric reels and it can save space with the design. Ideally I’d like to get rid of my ibc tank in the garage and just fill up from the ro in the garage and for it to automatically cut off when done.

any suggestions ? 
I know @Pjj might disagree ?, if you just want an upright factory fitted delivery system then Pure Freedom will do you whatever size you need.

I've a 1000 litre upright brodex tank. Bought it 2nd hand few months ago. It was only 3 years old. Twin 40 40 ro. But had one removed. Only need 1 for domestic.  Paid £800 for it. Needed new filter and ro membran tho. 

Pumps are shurflo. Brodex customer service is apparently rubbish but tank is great. Mira crash tested with big base plate that bolts thru chassis. Think it's called the 1000e

I know @Pjj might disagree ?, if you just want an upright factory fitted delivery system then Pure Freedom will do you whatever size you need.
I really like the look of the systems all covered up, makes it look so much tidier that’s what sways me to waterworks etc 

1000 litre tank. 2 electric reels. 3rd manual reel. Loads of space left over. 

1640kg payload. 

Tank was £800 2nd hand. 3 years old.  

Hot water is ace.  

20191125_102631.jpg

20191125_102551.jpg

Yes. Bought a brass y piece. Used 10mm copper from far boiler just because I had a reel of it. Closest boiler is off a gas flexible pipe. 

13kg bottle. Works perfect on 1 bottle. 

Dont use hot all the time. Just for really cold days and for when it's mainly minus. 

Best place for y piece was a caravan motorhome seller. 

Or look for a full 2nd hand system. Plenty out there. 

I found a 1000 litre ro di system with 2 4040 membranes all filters split really battery etc. All I had to do was pay window cleaning warehouse liverpool to fit it all along with 2 electric reels and a 3rd manual back up reel and pump etc. 

They will fit other system into your van. They were really good and helpful on my change from trad to wfp

Ps paid £800 for system. 3 years old and was £5k new fitted. Bargain. 
interesting. I didn’t know a company would fit a system not sold by them? How much did they charge you to fit it m8?

It cost me about £350 labour for fitting the brodex tank 2 electric reels. 3rd manual reel with new pump etc. I needed a new membrane and resin plus pump resin chamber for 3rd reel etc. They fitted the second hand split charger. All in I paid about £2300 but labour was only about £350. I did buy other stuff too. 

Really good lads there tbh. They know their stuff. All done in 2 days. Dropped off the monday. Picked up wed morning. 

It cost me about £350 labour for fitting the brodex tank 2 electric reels. 3rd manual reel with new pump etc. I needed a new membrane and resin plus pump resin chamber for 3rd reel etc. They fitted the second hand split charger. All in I paid about £2300 but labour was only about £350. I did buy other stuff too. 

Really good lads there tbh. They know their stuff. All done in 2 days. Dropped off the monday. Picked up wed morning. 
the cleaning warehouse in willenhall/wolverhampton is about 3 mile from me, I’m going to enquire if they’ll fit a system not provided by them. I’m going to order either a waterworks system (if I do I’ll just get them to fit it) or the bits needed from pure freedom. I’d use the cleaning warehouse by me but I want a stainless steel frame/cage but they only provide steel. Cheers for the reply anyway ??

the cleaning warehouse in willenhall/wolverhampton is about 3 mile from me, I’m going to enquire if they’ll fit a system not provided by them. I’m going to order either a waterworks system (if I do I’ll just get them to fit it) or the bits needed from pure freedom. I’d use the cleaning warehouse by me but I want a stainless steel frame/cage but they only provide steel. Cheers for the reply anyway ??

Waterworks will fit there systems for you just drive up to them and they fit it .

Waterworks will fit there systems for you just drive up to them and they fit it .
Yea if I use them I will, I most probably will use them. But it funds were a little tight I was going to order a 500l tank, stainless steel cage, pump & controller mounted on a plate off pure freedom. I’d order the hd electric reel off waterworks & the security guides then get a mate to help me fit it all. But if the cleaning warehouse near me would fit it, it just saves hassle as I’ve never done it before, but my mate is very good with stuff like this.

It the window cleaning warehouse. They have a branch in liverpool and Cardiff. 

The cleaning warehouse is a different company. 

It the window cleaning warehouse. They have a branch in liverpool and Cardiff. 

The cleaning warehouse is a different company. 
yea but the window cleaning warehouse is about 3 miles from me so I’m going to ask them if they fit systems from a different company. Just another option if they do

Potta81 said:
yea but the window cleaning warehouse is about 3 miles from me so I’m going to ask them if they fit systems from a different company. Just another option if they do
the cleaning warehouse*

Quick update guys, decided on the 750l di 2 man system from xline. Good price and customer service so far spot on. Being fitted next week ?

Reckon u be ok on 750. If u changing over from trad to wfp u will use more at first getting those frames cleaner from trad. Maybe carry 100 litres in containers for back up. 

We doing 700 to 800 at mo 8am till 4pm. Add another 100 max if working till 5. 

Back