Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

8mm vs 6mm main hose

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Gardiners don't do it anymore, they link to Daqua or Grippa. Daqua use the same supplier and I assume Grippa do also. I ordered new stuff from Daqua, but was hoping to find some of the highvise yellow one also. Will be mounting second reel soon and a different colour would be better, but can't find highvise in 6mm.

Thanks for link, though, I'll have a look at them!
Sorry, didn't know that.

Thanks mate. To be honest I was hoping for some recommendations from folk who had used particular companies. Everything looks good online but always good to get recommended! ?
I have been using 6mm hose from Circuit Hydraulics the firm which @spruce linked earlier 12 months use and still going strong it's Od is 11mm so feels a lot thinner and lighter than other hose, it has had the odd chunk out of the outer and is worn in places here and there but that's normal after 12 months of use. 

I have been using 6mm hose from Circuit Hydraulics the firm which @spruce linked earlier 12 months use and still going strong it's Od is 11mm so feels a lot thinner and lighter than other hose, it has had the odd chunk out of the outer and is worn in places here and there but that's normal after 12 months of use. 
Thanks Iron Giant I’ll give them another look, will order when I put the second reel in. 
For anyone reading, I have used Daqua for my yellow 6mm but the problem is they only do the one colour ?

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for some new 6mm hose, despite being happy with Circuit Hydraulics hose today it sprung a leak and now the outer layer is looking quite worn so I may need to replace soon, looking back I think Gardiners stuff lasted about 2 years or more so may have to go back to yellow hose from GrippaTank which I assume is the same as what Gardiners did sell

Looking to see if anyone has any recommendations for some new 6mm hose, despite being happy with Circuit Hydraulics hose today it sprung a leak and now the outer layer is looking quite worn so I may need to replace soon, looking back I think Gardiners stuff lasted about 2 years or more so may have to go back to yellow hose from GrippaTank which I assume is the same as what Gardiners did sell
I got that power hd reel with their 6mm red hose seems very robust. But I feel like it's not worn in properly yet as i keep occasionally getting the pressure switch light still.  

I've been using Streamline 6mm microbore since I started six and a half years ago. I think I replaced one in all that time. I haven't used any other brand. Never felt the need to. I heat the water up to 65c in the tank.

I have 100m of 6mm hose from Circuit Hydraulics that I'm putting on a reel at the weekend.

How long have you been using yours's before it's started to show wear on it ? 

I have 100m of 6mm hose from Circuit Hydraulics that I'm putting on a reel at the weekend.

How long have you been using yours's before it's started to show wear on it ? 
I noticed some wear on the outer after about 10 months but it was still robust enough, only yesterday after just over 12 months use it developed and pin hole which let a lot of water out into the back of the van, this never happened with Gardiners hose even when the outer skin of the hose showed signs of thinning after been dragged around walls and fences, thankfully it was only within the first meter so I just chopped it.

I am now wanting to buy some more hose as I can't afford for it to spring a leak in the middle, plus I need a new brush so going to put an order in to get free delivery if only @GrippaTANK did coloured hose as standard instead of special order a 12 week lead time.

I've been using Streamline 6mm microbore since I started six and a half years ago. I think I replaced one in all that time. I haven't used any other brand. Never felt the need to. I heat the water up to 65c in the tank.
They don't sell Gardiners brushes though? I think GrippaTank is going to be my go to place for now as they have more stock of brushes as well maybe as they don't usually sell quite as many as Gardiners .

I got that power hd reel with their 6mm red hose seems very robust. But I feel like it's not worn in properly yet as i keep occasionally getting the pressure switch light still.  
Thanks, I need a recommendation of hose that has had 12 months or more use, to be certain I ain't replacing after 12 months of use I tried The Cleaning Warehouse Super-Tuff and it wasn't then had Circuit Hydraulics hose recommended then I recommended it myself and now feel a bit ? for doing so.

Thanks, I need a recommendation of hose that has had 12 months or more use, to be certain I ain't replacing after 12 months of use I tried The Cleaning Warehouse Super-Tuff and it wasn't then had Circuit Hydraulics hose recommended then I recommended it myself and now feel a bit ? for doing so.
Doug at Daqua now sells the Gardiners hose. I got some a couple of weeks back ??‍?

I noticed some wear on the outer after about 10 months but it was still robust enough, only yesterday after just over 12 months use it developed and pin hole which let a lot of water out into the back of the van, this never happened with Gardiners hose even when the outer skin of the hose showed signs of thinning after been dragged around walls and fences, thankfully it was only within the first meter so I just chopped it.

I am now wanting to buy some more hose as I can't afford for it to spring a leak in the middle, plus I need a new brush so going to put an order in to get free delivery if only @GrippaTANK did coloured hose as standard instead of special order a 12 week lead time.
Cheers,

Yes the coloured one is andy, jesus 12 weeks is a long time.

I have just had a pure freedom twin stack reel delivered so will put one 6mm from pure freedom on one and the other from Circuit Hydraulics that's in the garage.

Will be interesting to see which fairs better.

I have 6mm on another reel that's showing wear already and its only 8 months old, cant remember where I bought it from right now.

Cheers,

Yes the coloured one is andy, jesus 12 weeks is a long time.

I have just had a pure freedom twin stack reel delivered so will put one 6mm from pure freedom on one and the other from Circuit Hydraulics that's in the garage.

Will be interesting to see which fairs better.

I have 6mm on another reel that's showing wear already and its only 8 months old, cant remember where I bought it from right now.
Considering they are all near enough the same price and the purpose the hoses are made and sold for they should be made well enough to last a minimum of 2 years, not a throw away item with 12 months 

Back