Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Decent Waterproof boots

WCF

Help Support WCF:

They used to be years ago @Martyn but they have come on a long way if you take care to choose properly. With the stiff soled, single skin navvy boots I was wearing twenty years ago I needed two pairs of thick thermal socks this time of year to keep my feet from freezing. They were also dreadfully uncomfortable.

No issues now ; soft rubber, air cushioned outsoles, double - cushioned warm/cool double insoles (standard and cork) and lining from collar to toe in the uppers/sides. I wear the same type of normal cotton or bamboo socks all year round and never suffer hot, cold or uncomfortable feet. Never need to double up and wear two pairs. Totally different to the old type. ?
There really aren't enough emojis.

@Dave Gdid you get your Armstrong boots over the counter, if so where please?
I used to up to seven years ago. At the time I lived in Western Ireland and they were stocked in a local farm shop. Since returning to England I've never seen them in a shop. This is no problem for me as I know I like them and I know and trust the sizing. Might be slightly more awkward buying them online if you're not certain of, or are in between sizes. I wear them snug and tightly laced with a final half hitch to secure the laces. Once they're on they're on for the day. I wear a pair of padded insoles inside as well (Go outdoors) for supreme comfort and snuggness. This can be done without going up a size.

If you go this route I hope you find that you're as pleased with them as I am. Always a little unnerving recommending something. ?

I used to up to seven years ago. At the time I lived in Western Ireland and they were stocked in a local farm shop. Since returning to England I've never seen them in a shop. This is no problem for me as I know I like them and I know and trust the sizing. Might be slightly more awkward buying them online if you're not certain of, or are in between sizes. I wear them snug and tightly laced with a final half hitch to secure the laces. Once they're on they're on for the day. I wear a pair of padded insoles inside as well (Go outdoors) for supreme comfort and snuggness. This can be done without going up a size.

If you go this route I hope you find that you're as pleased with them as I am. Always a little unnerving recommending something. ?
I’ll order online then.

If there ?, I’ll be sending some of Millwalls top hooligans to see ya ?

Back