Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Customer said can I leave Windows until April!!!!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Customer: thanks for the clean today. Can you leave them until April?

Me: Of course. No problem. See you in April.

True story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Customer: thanks for the clean today. Can you leave them until April?
Me: Of course. No problem. See you in April.

True story.
Exactly the way it should be... I can't understand people getting their knickers in a twist...

"No problem i will just starve and not feed my kids for a few months":rofl:

I'm abit different I would go back specially if a good price,payer

It's there choice really but I charge a first clean rate plus little extra when I do go back

If I don't do it somewhere windy in the area will

If I don't do it somewhere windy in the area will
And they would be welcome to them if it was my round has reliable customers and that's it

The time saved i would use to get more reliable customers

After all the joking i do have bills to pay and expect a reliable income

It all depends on the customer,the situation, and probably the mood I am in. If one person in a street pulls out for the winter, then what if the neighbours finds out and also think thats a great option? I want to reward good regular customers, not encourage fickleness and while all the good folk are paying, that one tight **** isn't. Doesnt sit well with me.

That said I would probably do the same as you Damo as its probably not worth burning bridges. When the time comes and she makes the call, I can decide if I want to fk her off then or not. It might just come in at a convenient time.

I'm not saying my round isn't full???

What I'm saying is it really not worth taking on back in April and charging first clean

Not only that if its next to a couple you do is it that hard really

I also take in to account maybe the customer is genuinely struggling with money specially at this time off year with kids etc

I agree with both side of this. Thats the beautyof this game, you can pick and choose depending on how you feel about that particular situation. It doesnt pay to just have a standard response.

I've got 2 that do it every year. I'm not bothered really. I always go back. Nice to get home a few mins earlier if the weather is bad and it gets dark by 4 as well

If there is a really good reason, fair enough. But if not, get rid and replace. My round is packed full and I cant handle no more, so the next step is to customize the round to make it a pleasure going to work. (no messers, insides, awkward windows and no west ham fans) /emoticons/biggrin.png

try to give them a worrying answer "check your food from now on "

"starve you old sh/t "

I'm starting to lean with @Eviestevie on this one, if it's not out of the way or more importantly if I have others on that street then fine, see you in April.

Forget letting my competitors get a foot on the streets I work, and as I said if I have other work on that street already then I will take 9 x monthly payments from that customer as it beats a kick in the doo dahs!

try to give them a worrying answer "check your food from now on "
"starve you old sh/t "
LMAO.:rofl::rofl:

I was on the ladder the other day and thought of an idea that I reckon you would like, similar to what you just said. To be used as a closing line when you are done with a customer you never liked...

"Ok, well thank you for your custom, and all the best to you".

* Just as you are walking away, turn around in a Columboesque fashion and say; "BTW, tell me, who is that old man thats always sat in the chair in your bedroom? *

"What old man"?

"You know, the old chap in that chair in the corner. Hes always there. I've waved a few times but he has always just stared at me..".

"I have no idea who you mean".

"Oh, thats strange. Ok, best be off then, bye".

Freak them right out, especially if its an old place.:thumbsup:

Horses for courses on this type of thing, I guess there is no right or wrong reply, depends where your at with your business. I must admit I got frustrated last week at one that did it to me, as it was a nice farmhouse and cash was always in my hand as I got my pole out the van, was one of them that I always knew I'd get paid on the day, but after she said via text last week 'prob leave em till spring now' I was a bit bitter about it, but when the time comes I will prob take it up again to be honest, be daft not to unless I am completly full up, but then for a good cash payer I would perhaps find room, and like green says its still x9 months or so of payments from 1 custy.

Just be nice if we could say the same to all our suppliers and bills each dec, ahh prob leave paying now till spring lol.

I'm still fairly new to all this, year 1 this coming Jan :)so my opinion may change, however as it stands at the moment is this: When I offer my services I agree to do a number of things, some being contacting the night before each clean, always cleaning at the agreed frequency give or take 2-3 days, and of course leave the windows ect perfectly clean on every vist, I believe it's ABSOLUTELY imperative for any serious business TO ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU SAY YOUR GOING TO DO. So if a customer agrees to have the property cleaned at a certain frequency then I expect them to honour their side of the agreement, its only fair it works both ways isn't it?If Mrs Whatever wants it done in coulple of weeks opposed the scheduled clean, then generally the answer would be NO, I like many have worked hard to keep my round as compact as possible, it is more than likely that I clean a number of houses in the immediate area on the scheduled day at the same AGREED frequency and to have to go back and clean due to the fact that they want to "postpone" for a while really doesn't work for me. I believe it's a matter of respect really, I treat this as a serious business because that's what it is, its my full time occupation and it pays my bill's and puts food in my children's mouths, so I can't afford to be messed about by customers who may think " never mind it's only the window cleaner ".

Thats a completely different issue. theres a difference between a customer who wishes not to use your service for a few months over the winter, perhaps to save money, and a customer dictating when they expect you to turn up.

At the end of the day they are all customers. Easy-come easy-go is the nature of this business, you can't expect to be able to ditch awkward customers you don't fancy doing any more, but then get your knickers in a twist when a customer wishes to adjust the frequency of the cleans they are paying for.

Thats a completely different issue. theres a difference between a customer who wishes not to use your service for a few months over the winter, perhaps to save money, and a customer dictating when they expect you to turn up.
At the end of the day they are all customers. Easy-come easy-go is the nature of this business, you can't expect to be able to ditch awkward customers you don't fancy doing any more, but then get your knickers in a twist when a customer wishes to adjust the frequency of the cleans they are paying for.
Why not? That's why were self employed. I ditch awkward or infrequent customers and have 2 full6 weekly rounds with continuous growth

I find my bad customers can come in really handy...those that skip no longer get a phone call to arrange convenient visits and they don't get the attention to detail that the good customers do...I tend to use them as I did today...elderly couple in a large farmhouse, middle of nowhere, always used to whine that I came too often, accusing me of cleaning more frequently than I should, I changed them from six to eight weekly and still the whinging continued, the previous clean was early September and they asked if I would come back in the spring "no problem" I said thinking I will never go back...today I'm ahead of schedule, all appointments finished so I take my sheets out and look for the rubbish customers that haven't been done for a while, phone them and they agree to have them done on my way home, result, filled my day up with a few extra readies...I realised once I thought I'd finished the upstairs that I'd missed one whole side of the house but I'd already put the backpack and pole back in the car, my concience was bothered for about a nano second when I then remembered they're a **** customer so they can have a **** window cleaner.

At the end of the day they are all customers. Easy-come easy-go is the nature of this business, you can't expect to be able to ditch awkward customers you don't fancy doing any more, but then get your knickers in a twist when a customer wishes to the frequency of the cleans they are paying for.
Sorry but I see no difference whether its two weeks or 5 months, to me its very simple a customer agrees a frequency and price they should stand by it! If i was to turn up today and lets say only clean a 3rd of the property due to the fact I hadn't planned my day properly or my water had ran out ect would i expect the customer to say " that's alright buddy, there's always next month"?? or put it another way, if I was to contact all my customers and say " Hi All, I've just had a big win on the horses and i wont be needing your custom until next April" how many do you think would be ok with that? I am very loyal to my customers and sorry if i'm being naive to expect the same. If the customer wants to change the frequency from lets say 4weeks to 6weeks than I have no issue with this what so ever, I would just change my planner for all future cleans and the price accordingly. The example I gave is when a customer is due a clean tomorrow but decides that they want them doing in a couple of weeks instead, who knows where it would end??I don't know about you but a large portion of my pricing structure is dependent on the frequency of cleans? I personally don't ditch customers who "I just don't fancy doing anymore" the only customers I choose not to offer my services to are the ones who default on our agreement. Knickers in a twist hahaha now that's funny /emoticons/biggrin.png:D

Latest Posts

Back