Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippamax tank - Question for owners

WCF

Help Support WCF:

con95a

Hi, 

I'm going to finally get a grippatank, albeit a second hand tank, and I was wondering how reels are secured to the top of the tanks? From pictures it seems like bolts are used, but I can't see any fixing points on the top of the tank.

I was hoping others who've got a grippamax tank could maybe take a look and any close up pictures would be a great help. If anyone has the quick release plate system in use too that would also be interesting to see if it's worth going that route. 

Any help/advice appreciated

TL;DR - got a grippamax tank, need help on fixing things go it. Pics would help 

They have captive nuts moulded into the plastic of the tank. There is one in each corner on the top.

I think grippatank make a frame from unistrut which you can then mount your reels to.

I cut a piece of 18mm plywood to fit the top and mounted my reels to that. Works a treat!

I cut a piece of 18mm plywood to fit the top and mounted my reels to that. Works a treat!
Ah great thanks, I pick it up Saturday so I was looking at pictures that aren't the best, but now I know where to look I'm able to make them out in the corners. 

Do you know what size bolt they take, is it m6? 

I got them to bolt two reels chest height either side of the tank, works a treat.

They fitted stainless rollers that make reeling in an absolute doddle. I’m the electric reel destroyer ????‍?

They use rapid rail metal struts for on top of the tank, then make a frame up to secure reels  
They secured mine directly to the tank. They had to give me a hire van and that’s how they did things in the hire van though. Either way works well. Those pics I posted, they secured each reel in 3 places, 2 through the tank and one into the pre installed captive nuts I think.

They secured mine directly to the tank. They had to give me a hire van and that’s how they did things in the hire van though. Either way works well. Those pics I posted, they secured each reel in 3 places, 2 through the tank and one into the pre installed captive nuts I think.
Ah ok, I prefer the raid rail as then I had a box made for the rear. 

Ah ok, I prefer the raid rail as then I had a box made for the rear. 
I know, I saw it in that video you’re in. I was worried about the tank leaking but they seem to have sealed it all up nicely where they’ve secured it.

I think the pole holders they made for my van are with that rapid rail stuff. The only issue I had is I couldn’t find any bolts for it as easily as I could with unistrut ?

They are, they snap so easily. GT have taken some stainless stripped and then tapped them with a threaded m6/m8 thread/hole. They’re great but they way £7 each for them! 

I worked out I needed £200’s worth of washers!!!
I got ya. I was thinking of them holding the pole holders, you’re thinking of holding a heavy hose reel.

Latest Posts

Back