Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How many window cleaners here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Davey i"m the same I enjoy my graft but getting my work sorted to stop the Saturday graft, really enjoyed having last weekend off.

I often walk around looking at houses pricing them in my head, the wife goes off it.

Its funny how much you think about your work , prity sad eh

My friends are windys too ,and the wifes just hates when we meet up and start talking wfp all night , but hey its a nice job ! /emoticons/wink.png Sometimes when i ride around i desire certain houses that would be nice to clean /emoticons/biggrin.png

What a bunch of saddo's. you all might as well talk about work in the evenings as well, why don't you all join a forum or something.....wait, er, I'm a saddo too :eek::oops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I go through phases where I'm really into it, reading reviews of new gear and watching YouTube videos. And then I go through phases where I just want to get my work done and switch off totally from window cleaning. I haven't been on here for a week or so because I'm going through one of those 'not interested' phases. I love doing this sort of work and being my own boss but I don't want to be in window cleaning mode 24/7.

I go through phases where I'm really into it, reading reviews of new gear and watching YouTube videos. And then I go through phases where I just want to get my work done and switch off totally from window cleaning. I haven't been on here for a week or so because I'm going through one of those 'not interested' phases. I love doing this sort of work and being my own boss but I don't want to be in window cleaning mode 24/7.
I agree with this. Sometimes it consumes my life but sometimes I wish I could just escape for a week or so. Some weeks I just can be arsed at all cleaning windows.

I agree with this. Sometimes it consumes my life but sometimes I wish I could just escape for a week or so. Some weeks I just can be arsed at all cleaning windows.
I think I've got the balance just about right and refuse to let it consume my life. I think escaping for a week or so, like you say, is key to getting the right balance. Me and my mrs try to have three or four mini breaks a year away without the kids as well as a family holiday. That gives you something to look forward to every few months and gives you a chance to recharge your batteries. It's been a bit different this last year because we had a baby last April which has made things a bit harder although we just had a long weekend in Prague which was well needed.

These next 4 weeks I can't wait to see the back off so I'm sunning my ass in Tenerife kids free G-)

I completely relate with you but I think it's the fact that you have the freedom to turn off as and when you want but I realised it's when you switch off or begin losing that little bit of interest that you start failing... unfortunately to be succesful at this it needs to be in your mind constantly

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I completely relate with you but I think it's the fact that you have the freedom to turn off as and when you want but I realised it's when you switch off or begin losing that little bit of interest that you start failing... unfortunately to be succesful at this it needs to be in your mind constantly
Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Rubbish. I have two massive rounds and been in this game over 20 years. I earn serious wedge, but come weekends (except for the odd pressure washing job half day Saturday) I only relate to this industry on this forum.

Tomorrow I'll be out on the motorbike with my mates, then in the pub and work will not enter my mind as I will get my text etc over and done with.

I tried to cut down, but too busy so have to employ. However, if I got to a point where this job was on my mind 24 hours a day as you suggest, I would do something else.

Life is precious, don't let work dominate. Sorry, just my opinion. ( except this forum which is addictive)

Last edited by a moderator:
if I got to a point where this job was on my mind 24 hours a day as you suggest, I would do something else.
If i got to the point where it was on my mind 24 hours a day - the first thing id be thinking is - GET SOME SLEEP /emoticons/wink.png

Seriously though, work is simply to pay your way in your life, provide for your closest and dearest and to have a fair share of fun along the way funding the things you really enjoy whether that be motorbiking, pubing, travel or anything that takes your fancy....

No one is ever on their deathbed and says "i should have worked more! i should have cleaned more windows!"

Enjoy your bank holiday Monday whatever you guys have got planned. :thumbsup:

Back