Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I Love This Job...but

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well one customer actually said "I may aswel wash my own windows with a garden hose", no one will give it a chance. I believe I do a good job reasonably cheap although some windows are left spotty....p.s there are too many boys doing it of a ladder around my areas

I think my problem was that I didn't research the wfp a lot before I changed, I was told it was fantastic and I would double my money in no time, so I jumped in....... I couldn't explain to my customers why it was still leaving spots after 2 or 3 washes because I didn't know why, I lost quite a bit of custom .,.. I find that now when I get a new customer I tell them that it may take a few washes before they're spotless and ask them to give it a chance, some will be happy some wont.....I also tell them that its the safer way to clean windows and it doesn't damage sills the way ladders can. I do feel that wfp will pay off eventually but It may take some time. Just be prepared for the abuse lol

Wfp is a learning curve. Mine spotted all the time to start with. If I do get spotting now, it's very rare and usually down to a **** seal. It happens on the same housees every time and on the same window.

Same case here m8. Don't get me wrong, I have some customers who prefer the wfp. I just hope that it becomes compulsory at some stage. I'm the only window cleaner using the wfp in the areas I work, plenty of guys doing it of the ladder. Competition is fierce here lol

Same case here m8. Don't get me wrong, I have some customers who prefer the wfp. I just hope that it becomes compulsory at some stage. I'm the only window cleaner using the wfp in the areas I work, plenty of guys doing it of the ladder. Competition is fierce here lol
If it became compulsory it would put a lot of us out of work. I believe there's room for both methods in the business. A lot of people don't like change but eventually come round.

do not think if your W FP you will look for work to suit your system. mind if i switched to the W FP i wouldint be happy if they was spottiing your used to doing perfect job trad you would be looking for the same saying to the customer it will get better, !! they wont be happy with that its a hard one eh

I don't mean to offend any1 but I'm more concerned about building my business,,, I'm the 1 paying my tax and insurence. Most "traditional" window cleaners round here are the same ones u see standing outside the local dole office, and no there is not enough work for every1 round here, I've had customers tell me that these "traditional"window cleaners have came round trying to undercut me until they find out that they wouldn't even do the job for any less that I already do it for. P.s does your insurence cover you for cleaning windows on high risk health and safety houses such as 3 story houses, windows above conservatory's/porches because my insurance won't, maybe u's pass on jobs like that?

Hey clear water, how long had you been serving these customers before you changed to wfp? I changed over about 18 months ago and I only remember losing 2 customers.. I had only been doing them for a few months, only lived 2 houses apart, 1 never even let me finish first clean, stupid fool in his 80s.. And his mate went with it for a while then got a ladder boy.. Customers that iv been doing for years hadn't a problem and thought it was great!

There is a lot of ladder guys around.. But having the wfp system you can take the work they can't do!! From I got my setup iv been able to take on bigger and better jobs that I couldn't have when we only had ladders, and can also be more cost effective for me and the customer!

hi belfast good reading your comments looking into going W F P into future , main concern was how much graft i was going to loose

but as you said you have lost very little , which is good to know

Like learning any new skill it can take time to master wfp work but when you do you will never look back....

thanks smurf just looking into the gear i have mate who works with me and plenty of graft alot of domestic work i,m sure it is the way to go

Indeed Duncs as can generate a whole new income stream that trad work alone could never do. :Image9:

Latest Posts

Back