Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Indoor residential cleaning?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The :turd: i have put in my body over the years a bit of nicotine won't hurt me but it is the stench on your hands and clothes afterwards that does me in

I avoid those jobs now

I know with ubik it will melt off the glass and frames but I don't want to stink of it for days afterwards

Never ever experienced anything Like that, other than smelling Like a bar afterwards , done loads of these jobs , normally change the water When done though .

The amount of:turd: I've breathed in over the years as a firefighter takes its toll each year with the impending chest infection, always best to keep yourself well protected.

I've dropped the 1.5x price for internals now as I just can't justify it as it takes the same amount of time for the outsides. And most of the time it's the old dears that are asking for the cleans.

Regardless of whether your business is 100% WFP there will be times when, at the very least, rudimentary trad skills will be required. I'm not advocating one against the other but having both sets of skills is not only essential it simply makes common sense because you broaden your potential earning base and increase your potential earnings per stop. The answer to your question is 'mop,squeegee,cloth'... If you don't own? buy. If you don't know how to trad? learn by watching on YouTube and then practice or find a wizard like PolznBladz or Wagga and ... Shock horror ... Pay them to teach you... You'll recoup your investment in no time at all.

I've been back in the trade here for 10+ years now and only ONCE in all that time have I struck a house that was tobacco smoke contaminated. Common in the 80's it's simply a 21st century "no no" in NZ.

The :turd: i have put in my body over the years a bit of nicotine won't hurt
You'd like to think. I was on 40 Marlboro Red a day for 26 years before finally quitting in 2013 and as I said...... last year did an internal on yellow nicotine stained frames and was ill from it for litterally four days.

Don't think you're immune just cause you abused your system for a few years.

Back