Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is it ok to do WFP cleaning in -2 my first winter doing it

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I wonder if everytime you heat the water it will always revert back to 0. Would be interesting to see what the readings are out of the brush for the ops that always use hot and if it effects the glass?
The temperature at the brush varies from day to day and job to job so many variables , length of hose out , time the boiler has been running , starting ambient temperature of the air and water , , ground temperature,working in sun or shade and a hundred and one other factors I haven’t checked the temperature at the brush in years , but would get anywhere from 40-80 degrees , Ionic’s systems ones will reach 85+ I bought a system of @kevinc250 and that one regularly will produce 85 deg and one operator due ti the size of the heat exchanger.

Get a univalve and just turn off water moving between windows or just bend hose. Cloth the doors so you're not soaking access areas in water. Just use minimal water and work fast. IF you Have a bit of a walk to rear of property just give garden not path a quick spray of water to stop water freezing.

PVC will distort / shrink at temperatures over 60°c so I have never understood how people's hoses / tanks don't suffer if their systems generate the temperatures they claim
Ionic’s tanks are made to take the heat but I have seen a couple of clear ibc tanks that have distorted but still are ok they haven’t gone brittle after 5 years , but think they will eventually.

But if they did you could be found liable and negligent, and doubt public liability would pay out if no precautions have been taken , unfortunately we are living in a world ware ones are happy to try and make a claim for a fast buck

Like i said in 9 years i have never had a problem so the chance is pretty remote for them to have an accident in the first place and even more remote for them to be able to pin it on me so its really not something i worry about.

Latest Posts

Back