Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Is there anyone who would do this?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Nothing wrong with a bit of diluted ubik on a first clean. I add a splash to a pump spray bottle and give each window a quick squirt as I go. Scrub the frames, sills and glass and then rinse. I normally rinse first cleans a couple of times just to be sure.

You might want to play around with your flow setting. A low flow will take much longer to rinse. It might seem like you're saving water but you'll use less water if you turn your flow up because you'll be rinsing quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I bought a top of the range pump sprayer thingy about a year ago with the vikan seals or whatever they are, the ones resistant to chemicals for the purpose of using UBIK or similar products for first cleans, dirty connies etc, just never got round to actually using it, always found scrubbing hard and fast (ooohh errr) with a brush and pure does the job.

I bought a top of the range pump sprayer thingy about a year ago with the vikan seals or whatever they are, the ones resistant to chemicals for the purpose of using UBIK or similar products for first cleans, dirty connies etc, just never got round to actually using it, always found scrubbing hard and fast (ooohh errr) with a brush and pure does the job.
So you don't use ubik/virosol at all? [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Yeah I should really, just never got round to it, and done some seriously minging connies with just pure.

I can take up to an hour on a first clean, very meticulous, from then it gets quicker, maintenance cleans about 20 mins but i am quite carefull, i could do them in 10 mins and they would prob be ok but i dont want to lose customers, if i was flat out with work id have no problem banging them out in 10 mins.

I knock em out at 10-15mins, not lost a single customer to not being happy with the clean, nor ever had anyone not happy.

It takes two passes with the brush to get the **** off the glass, watch some youtube videos testing it, more than two passes is not needed (though I usually do more tbh)

Please, please, please can somebody put a full clean video on? I've been reading for months how some people claim to clean a min of 20-35 houses a day (8am-4pmish). But the only video that I've seen posted on one of these "How i Clean a four bed house, with FGS, and Con in 15mins :giggle:) threads was some guy cleaning the rear of a 3 bed semi with conservatory and to be honest IMO he totaly missed more of the frame work than he actually cleaned and the rinse was pretty questionable? So come on Billy Lightning's show all us slowbies how you achieve these types of numbers go on, go on I dare ya :whistle::whistle:

@steve garwood yea I live in Blackheath but always around beckenham bromley chislehurst etc thanks may take you up on that offer.

Think we have a mutual friend anyway not sure how much or we'll you know him though.

@Diwrnach I definitely know it's hard graft mate me necks killing me.

Please, please, please can somebody put a full clean video on? I've been reading for months how some people claim to clean a min of 20-35 houses a day (8am-4pmish). But the only video that I've seen posted on one of these "How i Clean a four bed house, with FGS, and Con in 15mins :giggle:) threads was some guy cleaning the rear of a 3 bed semi with conservatory and to be honest IMO he totaly missed more of the frame work than he actually cleaned and the rinse was pretty questionable? So come on Billy Lightning's show all us slowbies how you achieve these types of numbers go on, go on I dare ya :whistle::whistle:
I just put a video up of a window that hadn't been cleaned in 6 months, it was 1 min 20 secs, its a 4 bed house, 3 more windows on that side of the house, 4 on the back, one down the side so a total of 9 windows.

9 times 1 min 20 is 11 mins 20 secs, allow 5 mins to move around and reel hose in/out and there you go about 15-16mins.

I'll see if i can film me working tomorrow on a couple of windows if i remember but i will be busy

Maybe i can stick my phone in my gardiners beanie and use it like a head cam

Il get one done tomorrow.

People need to be confident in their rinsing and not over scrub a window. Also ubik is great. Here is a pic from first clean Monday lol
6f8b59f94f6e22a37aaeae26912fead9.jpg
fb4f533d1b361c6d6335eae23cac3d8f.jpg
. Whole house was same came up well except the. Silicone seal Il convince her in time to get the silacone replaced

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

Il get one done tomorrow.People need to be confident in their rinsing and not over scrub a window. Also ubik is great. Here is a pic from first clean Monday lol
. Whole house was same came up well except the. Silicone seal Il convince her in time to get the silacone replaced

Cheers @peter rogers it would be great if you can /emoticons/wink.png I think you've probably hit the nail on the head, over scrubbing and over rinsing is time consuming factors.

bascially as i show people working with me the brush doesnt need to go up and down like a crazy person or there is exceptions of how much to clean everytime

on windows the top only needs done every 2nd/3rd visit

patio doors genrally needds the whole lot done as they get dirty very easily

if you miss the corners of the glas while scrubbing with brush rinsing the corners do nothin as u haven agaiated the dirt off

Il get one done tomorrow.People need to be confident in their rinsing and not over scrub a window. Also ubik is great. Here is a pic from first clean Monday lol

There should not be a silicone seal between the bottom of the window and the cill...the rubber gaskets do not perform a 100% watertight seal and the frame has drain holes inside, under the glass for water to escape...convince her to rake it all out.

I can't do minging jobs with just cold pure water only, I think if some people went up the ladder to inspect their work, they will be shocks to find many little stubborn dirts that is still stuck on the glass which hadn't been removed. You can't see these dirts from the ground fwhich is why I sometimes use ubik for maintenance clean, not just first clean jobs.

For maintenance work I check ground floor windows to get an idea of what type of dirts on the glass, if there a few pollens on the ground floor windows then I used ubik for all top windows.

Yes ubik can slow you down but I find using 3mm pencil jet will wash the ubik soap off quite quickly but 3mm can be a nightmare if you are using backpack cos you use up more water if you are a slow worker.

Personally I think some customers like seeing soap on the windows when using wfp...I remember a while back I cleaned a old lady windows for the second time and I didnt used ubik, i knocked on the door to get my money and the old lady said nicely ''why didn't you use soap like last time to clean the windows''

I said I didn't think it was necessary as your windows isn't as dirty when I first clean it but if you want me to clean with soap (ubik) in future it will be a little bit extra because I will have to buy more water ( I don't buy pure water but she doesn't know that) to rise the soap off.

She said yes.

Back