Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need help deciding what pole to buy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No personal experience with them, I'm sure @tench0771 would have tried one at sometime or other. They're about the same weight as a SLX but are they as rigid, what are their clamps like and how long do they last.
my trying other pole days are finished extreme 22 for me had trouble with my hands since using phantom 18 find the extreme doesent hurt them my xline 25 is bit heavy but strong and idel for upvc cleans still have my super max 47 compact thats been a good pole but will change that next year with a extreme 47 i think , the evo8 22 was tempting though ?

Only ever used an Ova8 25ft and absolutely love it! Only thing that would tempt me away would be something significantly lighter and more rigid but I’m not ready to spend crazy money on a pole!

Thanks and appreciated. Though, by any chance are the ionics poles a better product?

Alex Gardiner just focuses primarily on poles.
And although he could do with improving his clamps now so many years later, as a basic hardwearing pole that has stood the test of time it’s hard to beat the SLX bang for buck.
Ionic come up with little changes on there poles like the internal hose through the gooseneck, but have long been trying to catch up with Alex for quality on poles, rigidity, lightness longevity.
As I say the only thing that lets down all of Alex’s poles are his glued on clamps.
Which is an irony as he brought out the patented lateral clamp with a larger closed clamp gap many years ago changing the pole industry
But things have moved on and if you haven’t got an exceed innovation screw on clamp with anti spin anti wear insert sold by TWW on all your poles your missing out.
Hope that helps

Alex Gardiner just focuses primarily on poles.
And although he could do with improving his clamps now so many years later, as a basic hardwearing pole that has stood the test of time it’s hard to beat the SLX bang for buck.
Ionic come up with little changes on there poles like the internal hose through the gooseneck, but have long been trying to catch up with Alex for quality on poles, rigidity, lightness longevity.
As I say the only thing that lets down all of Alex’s poles are his glued on clamps.
Which is an irony as he brought out the patented lateral clamp with a larger closed clamp gap many years ago changing the pole industry
But things have moved on and if you haven’t got an exceed innovation screw on clamp with anti spin anti wear insert sold by TWW on all your poles your missing out.
Hope that helps
You can also try the phantom full carbon pole that comes with the clamps obviously ?
It’s a nice pole with a slightly thinner base diameter, which is good to hold.
Not sure if it would out do the SLX on longevity, but having clamps that are aweful after say 1 year 18 months is a big turn off now.

Another is

You can also try the phantom full carbon pole that comes with the clamps obviously ?
It’s a nice pole with a slightly thinner base diameter, which is good to hold.
Not sure if it would out do the SLX on longevity, but having clamps that are aweful after say 1 year 18 months is a big turn off now.

Another is
I use phantom 18 and phantom 30 and also have a phoenix 18 with phantom upgrade
Great poles and due to the inserts on the clamps the sections don’t even look worn and no black hands like you would get from gardiners

i dident no the pheonix did clamp up grades ! the old ones were nice to use but hardly any adjustment i wore a pole out in 8 months ? agreed phamton clamps are very good and not wering out sections

I actually bought one of the last phoenix in stock last year and it was advertised with the phantom clamps already done for a nice cheap price
Saved me doing it
You can buy a set of 6 clamps 0-6 for 66 quid and do it yourself
i dident no the pheonix did clamp up grades ! the old ones were nice to use but hardly any adjustment i wore a pole out in 8 months ? agreed phamton clamps are very good and not wering out sections

Back