Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Newbie thinking of starting up

WCF

Help Support WCF:

are you gettin a ladder? even if you use a pole instead you will defo need a ladder for gettin over locked gates and wot not . for trad work i find ladders easier than polework personally, and theres summat about ladders

hi rob first of all i,m sure your new adventure window cleaning is going to go well if your keen and prepared to work hard you will soon pick up your graft

most well established window cleaners have loads of graft to much normally,i,ve gave away loads of work in the past, sold it or just gave it away.

Thats your chance of picking up work get in touch with the local cleaners have a crack tell them your plans they could pass on there **** graft

to you .Done it in the past yes got the **** also bought work too. See the local alcoholic I would target him

ok rob lets here how you get on

are you gettin a ladder? even if you use a pole instead you will defo need a ladder for gettin over locked gates and wot not . for trad work i find ladders easier than polework personally, and theres summat about ladders
Yes defo getting ladders , saw Worlds Greatest Ladder from Cosco in BandQ £80 that reaches 15ft that's plenty for me at the moment , it's like a little giant clone .

hi rob first of all i,m sure your new adventure window cleaning is going to go well if your keen and prepared to work hard you will soon pick up your graftmost well established window cleaners have loads of graft to much normally,i,ve gave away loads of work in the past, sold it or just gave it away.

Thats your chance of picking up work get in touch with the local cleaners have a crack tell them your plans they could pass on there **** graft

to you .Done it in the past yes got the **** also bought work too. See the local alcoholic I would target him

ok rob lets here how you get on
The local cleaners mostly look like the type who clean when it suits them so they can pay for their beer . That's why I'm starting off with a uniform and fliers and business cards . The only other one I see around is Dr Squeegee but very rarely , hopefully if I start off with the right attitude that it's a proper bonafide business then I can't go wrong . But who knows ? Time will tell

Yes defo getting ladders , saw Worlds Greatest Ladder from Cosco in BandQ £80 that reaches 15ft that's plenty for me at the moment , it's like a little giant clone .
Rob.....make sure you get a good ladder. Midlandladdders.com are excellent......they also fit free safety feet to their titan trade ladders

Ditto on that. Don't buy s... cheap ladders. It's worth spending a few bob more for decent ones. There last you & you wanna be safe. I know some have said wfp is the way but you can earn good money trad. A lot of us just do trad. What we do have is a backpack for them windows above Connies etc. it also gets you used to wfp if & when you decide to go down that road. One other ting I would say get is a little step. It's surprising how high some ground floor windows are.

I was going to get a Gardiner pole and put the wagtail on the end with an adapter so I could use it for WFP later down the line but it's £80 for a decent length . So I'm getting a Harris for now and if I make any money ever then the customers can pay for my upgrades ! Yes I'm still undecided about which ladders to get , like the Titans with feet attached . Thanks for replying lads .

a ladder worth considering is the BnQ TRIPLE professional ABRU 7 rung . fits inside a hatchback car. i used one of these my first year and loved it .

these days with employees i rely on proper trade ladders made by LYTE , very well made , not that pricey actually

Bit of an update , got my Harris pole , got an angle adapter and going to fit it as per Waggas instructions on YouTube . Ordered 1k business cards from Vistaprint . Going to post 50 just to see what type of reply rate I get without knocking doors yet . Been watching door 2 door marketing tips on YouTube to get some great ideas though , can't wait to try them out !

Bit more of an update ! Modified my Harris ( easy even for me ! ) Hooked up a water butt to my drainpipe already to harvest water for my WFP that I'm going to build as per Waggas videos

£20 from Wickes with a diverter and base 110 litre capacity , filled it nearly to the top already in 3 days ! Put charcoal filters in the diverter pipe sponge filter on the other end , link a few up with hose pipe . Should have good readings off the last one in the chain , fingers crossed

Well , cleaned 3 friends houses today . First one had leaded windows , what a nightmare ! ! Not going back to his until I've got WFP up and running ! 2nd and 3rd not too bad , using wagtail on Harris pole for first time on upstairs windows . Trust me , everyone makes it look way way easier than what it is . The sweat was pouring off me in 24c heat .

Rob, you'll soon get the 'knack' of using the wagtail.

Using an Angle Adapter on your pole will make using the Wagtail a lot easier at height.

I'm guessing you're from Cwmbran.

Thanks guys , hate to admit but after practising on my own windows for 2 months I felt confident , was not ready for windows that dirty ! Basically 3 first time cleans ! So I've ordered everything I need for a DIY WFP following Waggas instructions on YouTube . Be building that over the coming weeks , never ever going to be in such a **** situation again ! P.s . Very close to Cwmbran

what happened to your ladder? getting face to glass is [in my opinion] the only way to doing first time cleans

Well after watching , Polz n Bladz , Wagga and Mark Henderson on YouTube I decided to go the Harris Wagtail combination , but yes it would have been 100x easier with a ladder , it's my fault for not checking out the condition of the windows first . The one house had been empty for 4 years , mate moved in and he's never cleaned the windows , so you can imagine the state of them ! Big lessons learnt yesterday !

Latest Posts

Back