Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pencil jet clogged up??

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rafawindowcleaning

Hi everyone when cleaning yesterday I noticed one of my pencil jets sometimes wasn't flowing.water and sometimes the water coming out was going down and.nit straight up. Looked carefully to see if.there was an obstruction of sorts but couldn't see anything . Is it possible that pencil jets clogged up inside? If.so how to correct.it? Can they be replaced? Or.shall I just get a.new brush? Thanks for all the advice

There could be a bit of debris in the brush tubing so trying unplugging them to clean or aim tap water into pencil jet itself

Yep same here a few months ago, looked like i bit of scale or a fleck of paint, just poked it out with a pin

Right thanks for all the replies guys took.your.advice and poked the jet with a needle also directed tap water straight into it but it didn't make any difference swapped brush and still similar story so at.least I know it is.not the jets. Now my.main suspect is the pump as I got it with the van and it is.a cheap Chinese pump in second hand condition capable of.outputting 3.8l /min since starting out in October I.have been fast charging my battery in the garage every two/three nights on fast charge (just recently read that you should not really use fast charge but.trickle. charge only.as it can.shot the battery). So is it.possible that the battery is weaker and not providing enough.power to the pump? Or is it possible that the pump is getting old? When cleaning ground floor the flow seems to be better but when extending pole to 15-20 feet and reaching higher the problems are more visible. Would water flow controller solve this? The water has always been a mere trickle but until lately it was enough.to do a.good job easily now I struggle and it takes me more time to.do a window

Sounds like you have got an airlock I ve had similar problems it usually caused after your tank has been completely emptied. All you have to do is prime your pump and that should clear it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you search in past threads, put in "Bleeding air from system" there is a really good explanation on how to do it. If you cant find it let me know. I had the same problem yesterday and this as cured it

I think I have found it but let's see if I get it right what I need to do is disconnect my hazelock that.connects to the hose reel inside the van and then run a pump for about a minute??

Yea run your pump at full for about a minute or until you get a steady constant flow. You will hear it spluttering as the air is forced out then once cleared it just flows at a steady pace. Then switch pump off re connect to hose reel start pump again and set pump to your normal flow.

I am sure this is the cause of the problem, keep us updated if it works or not

Will try it first thing in the morning when I can see something outside. Thanks Shiny if it works I owe you a pint and a glass of orange juice for Tuffers he was wrong.but he tried bless him :)

Will try it first thing in the morning when I can see something outside. Thanks Shiny if it works I owe you a pint and a glass of orange juice for Tuffers he was wrong.but he tried bless him /emoticons/smile.png
/emoticons/tongue.png

Lol cheers but you will owe Smurf a pint as well I think he was the one that wrote the reply to that thread last year. But I will still take the pint if it works

For air locks i undo the hozelock fitting off the hose going out of the pump, then suck on it till water comes through. Works everytime.

I bet you could suck a tennis ball through a tennis racket lol

For air locks i undo the hozelock fitting off the hose going out of the pump, then suck on it till water comes through. Works everytime.
Nice avatar Keir! Vale going strong in testing. Soz for off topic, just seen pic.

As you were peeps....

Right so I played with the pump a little today did what you guys advised which seemed to improve things somewhat but now a new problem appeared you know these two hoses that go from the pump one goes to the tank straight and is very short the other goes to the reel and ultimately to the pole the second one when the power from the battery is on dislodged from the pump spraying.water everywhere tightened all the screws but it looks like the plastic bit that connects the pump and the hose is slightly expanded and under pressure just pops out. Any ideas? Or a place where I could buy a spare?? Please help I can't do.any cleaning and I am addicted :)

Is this the problem?
Straight_Fitting_large(t8eqb4).jpg
Do you have jubilee clip on it? If so you can get them on eBay.

Forget that, yours isn't a Shurflo is it?

Big pic in it.

Another orange juice for Tuffers /emoticons/biggrin.png

Thanks Tuffers I.think it is the equivalent of what you showed there I'm your post I do have a jubilee clip on it and after a lot of swearing and pushing and pulling I think I finally fixed it the.pump has been going for 15 minutes now and it is in place . Going back to the flow from the jets problem what I did was unplug the hose.from the reel like in the pic started pump for.about a minute and.then Shiny said that I should hear spluttering as if the air has been forced.out never heard anything and never seen any flow of.water from that hose that he.mentions either. Have I done the right thing? Also I don't have flow controller so I assume the pump works at full capacity at all times?? That would be strange tho as it says on it that it outputs 5l/min and I measured it by fulling a bucket with pure for a minute and.there certainly.wasn't 5l there maybe 2-3 liters tops. Can you change it improve the flow somehow without controller ? Or shall I just buy one?

Tuffers you are slowly but surely upgrading to an alcoholic drink :)

View attachment 2528

View attachment 2527

Do you have a strainer before the pump? Have you let the pump run dry at all? Mine used to run dry on my trolley and I had to prime it, basically the diaphragm had gone dry and had stuck to the inside of the pump. Can you hear the pump working?

Corwoods are selling Shurflo pumps for £52 + VAT + £8 p&p at the moment, but you have to ring your order through to get it at that price.

Yeah I can hear it working fine battery is fully charged so that is not an issue I don't have a strainer and no I have not.let it run dry I don't think never completely emptied my tank ever. Thing is I know the flow can.be better because when I turn the pump on and open the tap on the pole the flow for a couple of seconds is quite good and then reduces to a mere trickle and that trickle decreses even more if I extend the pole . Do you think it is a better idea to buy new pump or a.flow controller Tuffers ?

Latest Posts

Back