Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What trigger for backpack?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

laddergarder

I have just bought a backpack and would like to install a trigger on the pole, I think its 6mm clear tubing. Is there anyone who could recommend a good trigger to turn the flow on and off when needed?

Also I have a 4.6 ltr DI and the tds goes from 60 to about 7. Should I just add another one to get to down to zero?

Which backpack did you buy? I've just bought a Gardeners v2 and I'm in need of a trigger, looking at the Aqua-dapter but not sure myself yet..

With regards to the DI if you give it a good shake and slow down the flow that should work (that's what I was advised on here). I have an 11ltr DI and I go from 190ppm to 0 now. Although yours is smaller I would imagine it should still get down to 0 with one...

Aqua-dapter or a flow valve from Gardiner & duct tape the hose both sides of it to the pole.

Yes it's definitely worth getting another DI to reduce resin cost in long term.

I have a 4.5 litre di & it took mine down to 000 for a while but that was just dribbling out. I bought another one & it works a treat. Shaking it also helps. When it starts to creep up add the 2nd di. When it starts to creep up again move the 2nd di to the front & refill 1st di & use that for the 2nd one & keep swapping them like that. Resin last a long time & always give them a good shake.

thanks for your help guys, ill get another di and valve ordered. For now though I'll try filling a bit slower after giving the di i've got a good shake.

HEY if your going to order the Pure freedom Valve Tap that fits onto your pole i strongly suggest that your put cable ties at both ends of the valve looping around the pole as i found with mine the rivets are not strong enough to withstand allot of bangs and knocks .

i got a new clx and xtension to add on when needed. got them to add a tap as well. lots of pole hose but tap was fitted about 3 feet awat from hose end, meaning it was a waste of time using with a backpack. still had to return to turn bp off by switch.

its ok with a reel hose working away from van.

ill have to buy more hose make it longer , add tap, ducktape to pole , add to baclpack.

job done. seems every time you order something theres always something else you need for the bits you have just ordered.

these wfp companys should have reward points, they could add up to a free delivery , or money off items bought.

We do keep these companys in bussiness after all. Abit of loyalty would be a big thankyou on there behalf foy you buying from them.;)o_O

I have just bought a backpack and would like to install a trigger on the pole, I think its 6mm clear tubing. Is there anyone who could recommend a good trigger to turn the flow on and off when needed?
Three ideas…

(1) Get a tap / female end that goes on the end of the hose on the backpack. Fine if you keep the backpack on your back… but you may want to put it on a trolley like many people after a few weeks of breaking your back.

(2) If you are not using too long a pole, you could put on of those relatively cheap 1/4 turn taps on the pole hose and tape it to the bottom of the hose. In my opinion great for short poles and a pain for longer ones due to the excess pole hose that needs tidied up.

(3) Fit an Aqua-dapter or Aqua Tap to the brush end of the pole. In my opinion the best choice for longer poles.

Also I have a 4.6 ltr DI and the tds goes from 60 to about 7. Should I just add another one to get to down to zero?
That is a small tank, but if the resin is new, it should still go to zero. Did you fill the vessel or only part fill? I put in as much as possible. Is the head and tube fitted correctly ? Have you got the water flowing the right way - look for the in / out arrows on the top of the head. Don't have the water tap on full, too fast a flow and the water isn't in contact with the resin for long enough. Finally, even when you get all the above right and get 000 tds, get a second vessel as soon as you can afford one as it will save you money on resin if used right. That is - replace the resin in only one vessel at a time, and put the fresh di tank as the second tank. As your tds starts to creep up, re-fill the oldest one (the first tank) and make it the second. I hope that is understandable.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Latest Posts

Back