Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smashed it out this week!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I earn enough in 50 weeks to cover the odd two weeks off /emoticons/tongue.png
i even convinced commercial contracts to wait. Smaller places were fine, one through a hissy fit but we buttered them up with a free internal clean (20 mins max tbh on the inside)
Did you manage to get away Damo (remember you posting earlier in the year) or did you just have some home time?

Did you manage to get away Damo (remember you posting earlier in the year) or did you just have some home time?
I had i think 11 days off but no holiday as such.

This year is my first year of proper holidays for a long time!

So far i have Amsterdam, Prague and Germany (doing the ring) Mainy Europe city breaks, long weekends, Then next year will be proper week long holidays etc /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm going to the nurburgring this year also

My mate goes every month and has a car kept there and my brother in law goes every year..i am aiming for a couple of visits this year

I had i think 11 days off but no holiday as such.
This year is my first year of proper holidays for a long time!

So far i have Amsterdam, Prague and Germany (doing the ring) Mainy Europe city breaks, long weekends, Then next year will be proper week long holidays etc /emoticons/biggrin.png
Think long weekends are a really good option for us. I've got one mate in particular who went to loads of places in Europe last year. He works like a Trojan so it suits him very well. Only thing I don't like about 7-10 days off is that the week before and after the holiday can be a bit brutal with work trying to fit everyone in.

I only take a week at a time

Last year did turkey..france and spain

This year doing 10 days at the villa i alicante so i will have to hammer the work beforehand

Think long weekends are a really good option for us. I've got one mate in particular who went to loads of places in Europe last year. He works like a Trojan so it suits him very well. Only thing I don't like about 7-10 days off is that the week before and after the holiday can be a bit brutal with work trying to fit everyone in.
Exactly why I am doing it. Sitting on a beach doesn't interest me really.

Me and this missus did a weekend break last year and that's what got me thinking. Hoping to go back to the same place. It was very expensive but so worth it. Would rather have absolute luxury for a few days than a bog standard week.

I just tell them I will be off for a week or 2. However long it is. Don't rush before or after me break. It just stops and starts again. Sub off me weekly shops

F.F.S!!!! We r window cleaners not nuclear scientist! If you want a couple of weeks off, have it.

I've got a small apartment in Turkey and myself and family often whizz out there. I've never, ever once lost a customer over it.

Work to live, not live to work

The reason i hammer the work before and after is so i still get paid not for the customers benefit

The reason i hammer the work before and after is so i still get paid not for the customers benefit
Fair point. Apologies that my post last night was a bit harsh, had a skinful and don't even remember posting it:thumbsup:

I do agree, but once a round slips it can be really hard to catch it up.

I will catch my work up by March this year and that's with 3 days of Dave helping

Reminds me, need to order some new taps @daveyboy1 :whistle::whistle:

If a sole trader can catch up quickly after have a week off then he is either;

1 Not got full days.

2 Not working hard enough during the day.

Dave knows what i need to achieve every week just to keep pace with the round. That doesn't include ANY extras, time allowed for weather or sickness.

Argument there could be don't take on so much. But if you want to grow and do it to a cost effective way you need to be so full you cant take on another job /emoticons/smile.png Then take on. Not take on with a van sitting at home with no work for 2/3 days

I do agree, but once a round slips it can be really hard to catch it up.
I will catch my work up by March this year and that's with 3 days of Dave helping

Reminds me, need to order some new taps @daveyboy1 :whistle::whistle:

If a sole trader can catch up quickly after have a week off then he is either;

1 Not got full days.

2 Not working hard enough during the day.

Dave knows what i need to achieve every week just to keep pace with the round. That doesn't include ANY extras, time allowed for weather or sickness.

Argument there could be don't take on so much. But if you want to grow and do it to a cost effective way you need to be so full you cant take on another job /emoticons/smile.png Then take on. Not take on with a van sitting at home with no work for 2/3 days
I never try to 'catch up'. If I'm going to have a couple of weeks off, I just tell the customers I'll be roughly two weeks late next time. They know I get round roughly every six weeks so not a problem.

Both my rounds are completely full (21 years of customising) so no problem of not being busy.

I've never set deadlines when work has to be completed, as I feel this just puts unnecessary pressure on yourself. Just my opinions, I know we all work differently

I never try to 'catch up'. If I'm going to have a couple of weeks off, I just tell the customers I'll be roughly two weeks late next time. They know I get round roughly every six weeks so not a problem.Both my rounds are completely full (21 years of customising) so no problem of not being busy.

I've never set deadlines when work has to be completed, as I feel this just puts unnecessary pressure on yourself. Just my opinions, I know we all work differently
Agree fully mate

Back