Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

This is the reason why i hate going to quote industrial units

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I hope the papers don't get hold of this:

'white bearded mythical man in hat cuts down ancient tree after moving Anglo Saxon fencing panel to receive pot of gold'

I was told the firm just paid out to get the retaining wall replaced as the earth bank started to slip down hence why it's so muddy at the back. There also seems to be no drainage put in so the excess water will continue to run off the bank into that area.

View attachment 3586

The concreate (white bits) you see in the pic on the ground are actually extra panels from the retaining wall they put down for the micro digger they used to remove the slpped earth bank.

Just take the fence down and the gaps bigger :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The profile of the guttering & whatever the technical term for the bit on the outside of the guttering makes it awkward to clear out anyways. I would imagine there is also a few hundred gallons of water trapped up there too so it would be like baling out a boat trying to do it just by hand. Let alone trying to remove the trees etc.:rolleyes:

View attachment 3587

So you can see why now the only safe option would be to scaffold the full length of the building.

I wonder if their insurance is void leaving it much longer. Can you dump the water using your vac as a pump?

Makes me wonder too..

No none of the vacs I have has auto dump fitted. To be honest the ones that I have seen just have dirty water submersable pumps inside them so are nothing special.

I'm betting once the downspout is unblocked the trapped water will flow down it like Niagara Falls. Just need to make sure not too much **** goes down the pipe when it's being unblocked to avoid a blockage in the drain underground. Will also be a good test to see if the water flows away or not.

If the tree & roots can't be removed from the downspout by hand or winched out then will need removing/replaced as I won't be fecking about trying to get it out./emoticons/biggrin.png

I do tend to over think jobs through @boarcity but using that kind of winch setup would make it a lot easier hence another reason for the scaffolding./emoticons/smile.png

Give us £350 and I'll buzz down and do it! Recip saw for the awkward trees? How many metres of gutter is it?

@SPC it's 40m...

I'm just wondering how would you get to the guttering and clear parts of the roof area etc especially the blocked downspout?

Back