Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trying out my new toys

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Martyn

We are investing some money in the business at the moment, part of which is an Extreme 35 and an Extreme 18 for myself. (Might have mentioned that already)? I have read a lot of posts on here about the Extreme poles and the different experiences people have had which had me thinking long and hard before placing the order.

So far I have to say I am impressed, the 18 isn't massively lighter than my old SL-X but it is lighter and much stiffer which I like.

The 35 is just a different beast completely, so much easier to reach over things. I haven't used it at full height yet but I feel that it will be good.

How long they will last I don't know but I do think that these are the best poles I have ever used. ?

I think you made the right decision with the 35 if you have jobs that require that kind of reach. I think a 22 would have been a better choice than an 18 though. That extra 4 ft comes in handy for us quite a few times nearly every day: Third level, velux and reaching over conservatories. I'm sure you know your work needs though. ?

I agree with @Davy G the 22 is more usable , I used to have an extream 18 as my everyday pole ,but have replaced it with a 22 it’s very good , I also have the 35 it’s a good pole and should last you years unless you are using it every day for  hours at a time , the extream  pole range are very good but I sold my 47 and bought an ultimate it’s much stiffer and much more manageable in a breeze but is heavier but the quality is in a totaly different league to the extreme but it’s not cheap but if you need a higher pole and can afford it I would thoroughly recommend it for 45-75 feet high work   

For my use case the 18 is fine, the number of windows just out of reach is small and I value the lighter weight more than the convenience of reaching those few windows.

@Pjj I will give the really high stuff a miss, I get problems with my neck as it is, the younger guys can have that work. (more likely the Eastern Europeans)

For my use case the 18 is fine, the number of windows just out of reach is small and I value the lighter weight more than the convenience of reaching those few windows.

@Pjj I will give the really high stuff a miss, I get problems with my neck as it is, the younger guys can have that work. (more likely the Eastern Europeans)
Interesting you say about neck pain I have found using a longer pole and standing further away from the buildings where it’s possible to reduces the angle of your neck and stops /reduces the neck strain pain . After using a 75 foot pole for a morning then going to the 22 it feels like a tooth pick ?????

Interesting you say about neck pain I have found using a longer pole and standing further away from the buildings where it’s possible to reduces the angle of your neck and stops /reduces the neck strain pain . After using a 75 foot pole for a morning then going to the 22 it feels like a tooth pick ?????
For some reason I now have an image of you using a 75ft pole for first floor windows. ?

Funny you should mention tooth picks, I also got a CL-X4.

For some reason I now have an image of you using a 75ft pole for first floor windows. ?

Funny you should mention tooth picks, I also got a CL-X4.
Well funnily enough I do do a few ground floor windows with it as I cannot be bothered to walk back to the van to get another pole only about 8 windows though ?? . I have just bought a clx10 fir bungalows and caravans no point wearing out a £700 pole on stuff like that , it’s a nice little pole 

Extreme 18’ is perfect for my round on average Over a week I probably use my extreme 25’ maybe 2 or 3 times a day. 

Love the extremes. 

Didrecently think about an Hi mod ova 8 but the extra weight put me off to be honest I like the shape as I think help prevent/reduce hand strain compare to the small round  diameter of the 18’ extreme, but I have recently add a 28mm bit of insulation which seems to help ?

I think you made the right decision with the 35 if you have jobs that require that kind of reach. I think a 22 would have been a better choice than an 18 though. That extra 4 ft comes in handy for us quite a few times nearly every day: Third level, velux and reaching over conservatories. I'm sure you know your work needs though. ?
I was thinking of getting an 18ft, if my base section of 22ft of six would fit

Think it will only thing to remember is the Slx22’ is shorter collapsed than the extreme 18’ ?

We are investing some money in the business at the moment, part of which is an Extreme 35 and an Extreme 18 for myself. (Might have mentioned that already)? I have read a lot of posts on here about the Extreme poles and the different experiences people have had which had me thinking long and hard before placing the order.

So far I have to say I am impressed, the 18 isn't massively lighter than my old SL-X but it is lighter and much stiffer which I like.

The 35 is just a different beast completely, so much easier to reach over things. I haven't used it at full height yet but I feel that it will be good.

How long they will last I don't know but I do think that these are the best poles I have ever used. ?
Be prepared to buy a new pole or a few sections every 18 months/2 years...they are great but wear out quickly 

Be prepared to buy a new pole or a few sections every 18 months/2 years...they are great but wear out quickly 
It will be interesting to see how long they do last, the 35 will only see modest use so should last well, the 18 will be used a lot.

My SL-X18 is ten years old and still going so I think that I am not the heaviest of users, in any case I am finding the need to reduce the strain on my body so the investment will be worth it if the 18 lasts at least 2 years.

Latest Posts

Back