Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What trolley

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi how long does it take for the charger to go from yellow to green seems like it's taking ages ? Also do you really have to charge it every day ?
Hi mate it should start off in red when you start to re charge it and end up in green or yellow when it is fully charged it should only take a couple of hours charging after a days work but yes put it on charge every day when you finish work that will prolong the life of your batery

Have you ever considered going tubeless with your poles monkeyman? I found it really beneficial especially working from a car. You basically end up with one length of hose between your trolley and pole which disconects at the base of the pole when collapsed.

If you use pole hose all the way back to the trolley, you will have no join in the hose to get caught on things on the floor. The hose is a lot easier to coil up when not attached to the pole, and the poles are a lot easier to put in and out of the car without hose attached to them.

I use 25mtrs of pole hose with no problems, but you can use longer. It's one of the best things I've done recently along with the addition of the Uni-Valve.

Have you ever considered going tubeless with your poles monkeyman? I found it really beneficial especially working from a car. You basically end up with one length of hose between your trolley and pole which disconects at the base of the pole when collapsed.If you use pole hose all the way back to the trolley, you will have no join in the hose to get caught on things on the floor. The hose is a lot easier to coil up when not attached to the pole, and the poles are a lot easier to put in and out of the car without hose attached to them.

I use 25mtrs of pole hose with no problems, but you can use longer. It's one of the best things I've done recently along with the addition of the Uni-Valve.
I have a van mount now, that pic is a few months old, I was just showing how I did it.up to now if kina missed the tubeless revolution. But I will consider it after your explanation.

Re chargers I find the red light green light approach doesn't give me enough info on whats going on. Three times now my chargers have stuck on red and won't budge. Twice the charger had packed up and I didn't know what was at fault, the battery or charger. Now I use a 5amp CTek. So far no problem and you can see the state of charge all the way along.

Re chargers I find the red light green light approach doesn't give me enough info on whats going on. Three times now my chargers have stuck on red and won't budge. Twice the charger had packed up and I didn't know what was at fault, the battery or charger. Now I use a 5amp CTek. So far no problem and you can see the state of charge all the way along.
I've got another charger that's for lipo nicad and pb i could probably use that but wasn't sure what the end voltage should be for the standard big battery ?

This is my current setup:

PoleStay_02.jpg

I sometimes have one barrel in front footwell as well. Can get nine in if required, but live local to my work so can go home if need be to pick up more water. All trad gear is on back seat with hoses.

Since taking this picture I've modded my trolley thus:

conversion_06.jpg

...making it almost half the weight of the original. It can now be lifted in and out easily with one hand.
How long will that battery last ? looks good

This is what I did to start with. Then once you have your first cleans out of the way you won't need any thing like as much water. then you can start wfping the bottoms as well. With the flow rate set right you can cover a considerable amount of residential work with just six barrels. I used six barrels yesterday, started at 9am and was finished by 2pm yesterday. That same work used to take me till 5pm when trad.
What's the highest tds reading you will use before changing filter ?do you use a resin filter or ro ?

How long will that battery last ? looks good
It's not gone flat on me yet during a days work. I charge it every night. I do keep a spare in the car just in case and as its held in by a small luggage strap it can be changed over in seconds.

The pump is a 5lpm one from eBay (under £11). I found the 115 psi pressure output to be a bit strong for the univalve. Made it harder to operate so I swapped the pressure switch for a 40psi one off of a regular backpack pump. Fortunately it was a straight swap.

I found the backpack pump was fine for most work but I like a bit more water for first cleans and that extra 1lpm makes quite a difference.

What's the highest tds reading you will use before changing filter ?do you use a resin filter or ro ?
I use an RO + DI as my tap TDS is about .400 most of the time. RO takes it down to .006 and DI polishes it off to .000. I've worked with it at .006 straight out of the RO on occasion when I've run out of resin with no problems. On another occasion years ago, I made a real blunder and worked with it at .036 for a day again with no problems, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Hi all thinking of buying a trolley 25lt,will pay up to £450 any suggestions would be very appreciated.Have been looking at the pure freedom one as I've only got an estate car and need something compact.
i had the pure freedom trollie for years 100 percent relible but if i was u ide slap a 250l tank in the bk of ur estate car drop the back seats down and slap it in u can fit a flat tank in easy with hose real and trad gear my m8 did it with his astra estate till he could afford a van

I have one of them unger resin filters and was told to replace it when it's about .020 I tried it on my mums windows at .018 and there was small water spots left on them.I want to try and save some rain water as its a hard water area here and the resin filters don't last that long.

Back