Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which fooball team do you support?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you mean "men" losly with pony tails 
Cheating, faking injury, trying to get others sent off, getting carried off or needing treatment for minor bumps makes them anything but men.

I really struggle understanding why people want to spend £30, and a lot more, to watch these massively overpaid Prima Donna's.

The scary thing is is rugby players are starting to act in a similar manner.

Cheating, faking injury, trying to get others sent off, getting carried off or needing treatment for minor bumps makes them anything but men.

I really struggle understanding why people want to spend £30, and a lot more, to watch these massively overpaid Prima Donna's.

Well said. I second that ?

My daughter turned 26 this past Tuesday - She's a 6ft 8 st ish blonde - 

Way back when, when she was about 8 she decided she wanted to spend the summer holiday in Ireland (I was already part time time dad at this stage) So I flew back to UK and we went to Ireland for a few weeks - 

She saw a Guiness Rugby ball she wanted as a souvenir so I said 'Ok, are you still playing rugby after school?' (she was very sporty) 

She replied 'No, now they changed it to *Touch Rugby* it's kind of pointless!' 

That's my girl!    ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺

I also detest diving/cheating in football, makes them look pathetic.

One thing I will point out though, this is far more frequent in the premiership than the lower leagues.

I’ve mentioned this before on here, Millwall signed a winger (James Henry) a few years back, and indeed his first game he started diving about like a salmon. The reaction from the stand closest to him was ferocious, and the shock on his face seeing his own fans screaming at him in no uncertain terms to ‘get the f**k up’ still stays in my mind.

He didn’t do anymore, and apparently was told by our senior players to quit it.

I do watch premiership games on the telly and love the skills but absolutely detest the diving ???‍?

All of the above negatives have totally turned me off football. Apart from the latter stages of the European club competitions, it's just not worth watching. They call it a pressing game these days! It's absolute dross. Played by big strong quick boys, to get in the face and intimidate proper footballers! I mean Sam Allerdyce being named England manager. He has never managed a football team in his life. Systems ? Pressing game? Yawn, yawn , yawn.....I'm putting the alarm back on ?

I've never been that interested in football. Never really been a sports spectator. I've always preferred to do stuff than to watch others. If I can't play it or do it, I generally get bored watching it. I suppose one reason football never really excited me is that I was always too lightly built to be a football player.

What I like about kayaking is the elements of adventure and risk that have to be weighed up and planned for: tides, winds, swells, etc. The wild coasts, sea caves, cliffs, rocks and seas. The rescuing of each other when it goes a..e up. The hauling out for a brew and sometimes a campfire on some secluded bay or rock ledge. The sounds, and smells of the sea environment and the wildlife we encounter.

I like the fact that it is a great leveller. Size, wealth or social status of the paddlers matters not one bit when the conditions kick up. The rawness of the sport and the exposed environments means that the group finds its own level but in a good crew with the right attitude the camaraderie is almost spiritual. Not in a religious way but in the feeling of brotherhood and companionship.

The photo is the crossing of a reef with a groundswell washing over it on a winter paddle between the stack and the cliffs at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland about five or six years ago. I'm the one in the Bush hat guiding. On that day only four of us out of about sixteen crossed the reef, the rest went round. Like I say "a leveller". Apologies for the poor quality of the photo. The camera wasn't great and the conditions required an active paddle at all times. ⚓?

20200615_165057~2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been that interested in football. Never really been a sports spectator. I've always preferred to do stuff than to watch others. If I can't play it or do it, I generally get bored watching it. I suppose one reason football never really excited me is that I was always too lightly built to be a football player.

What I like about kayaking is the elements of adventure and risk that have to be weighed up and planned for: tides, winds, swells, etc. The wild coasts, sea caves, cliffs, rocks and seas. The rescuing of each other when it goes a..e up. The hauling out for a brew and sometimes a campfire on some secluded bay or rock ledge. The sounds, and smells of the sea environment and the wildlife we encounter.

I like the fact that it is a great leveller. Size, wealth or social status of the paddlers matters not one bit when the conditions kick up. The rawness of the sport and the exposed environments means that the group finds its own level but in a good crew with the right attitude the camaraderie is almost spiritual. Not in a religious way but in the feeling of brotherhood and companionship.

The photo is the crossing of a reef with a groundswell washing over it on a winter paddle between the stack and the cliffs at the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland about five or six years ago. I'm the one in the Bush hat. On that day only four of us out of about sixteen crossed the reef, the rest went round. Like I say "a leveler". ⚓?

View attachment 24126
??

03B88AA6-3680-4587-B50E-B130DEF3118B.jpeg

Looks good ?

Back