Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Gasket

Own windows

Gasket

One of my own windows driving me mad...

My front window which gets sun in the Morning always looks terrible and I mean real bad spotting.

It’s lead about 18 years old.

Frame is clean.. water is 000 and I rinse hell out it. DuPont brush

Worries me Cos I do a few on the estate

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

paul alan

Like you said, its 18 years old. You cant clean an old window new.

BigFoot

Winter sun hitting it at a lower angle probably showing up more. I picked up four new customers on  a street iv been cleaning for some time all walk ups, I think the low angle winter sun must have influenced their decision. Obviously if you’ve noticed this problem over a long period of time this won’t be the issue.

Advertisement

Gasket

I’m fairly new to wfp, but is it possible , the lead is just leaking dirt etc no matter how much it’s scrubbed

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums

Tuffers

Is it proper single owned lead with single pieces of glass in every piece of lead? How many times have you cleaned it? It is possible that dirty water is still leeching out.

Gasket
Is it proper single owned lead with single pieces of glass in every piece of lead? How many times have you cleaned it? It is possible that dirty water is still leeching out.

No it’s a single pane of glass with lead strips on top, probably cleaned them about 10 times wfp

Tuffers
5 hours ago, Gasket said:

No it’s a single pane of glass with lead strips on top, probably cleaned them about 10 times wfp

Sounds like the lead has run onto the glass and stained it. Try rubbing neat Virosol on the glass with a cloth and then WFP it off. It's worked for me in the past.

AGlassAct

Bar keepers friend is the weapon of choice for lead stains, mix it up into a paste and scrub with a magic sponge or even a cloth - try not to get too much on the lead as you may take the oxidised layer off, making it shiny (it will leech again then!). Jobs a gud-un and the glass will be like new again!!!