Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

S.W. Window Cleaning

What gutter vac would you recommend?

Part Timer
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 12:10, DannyC said:

I have the 230v Skyvac Industrial. I have seen this. A great idea if it works but a bit unsure of it at the moment. I usually switch off the vac to drop the tufts if working on higher up gutters but I find that sometimes the tufts are stuck too far up the nozzle and have to lower it to the ground to pull it out anyway. I also wonder about how rigid it really is? If I have 6,7 or very occasionally 8 poles there is quite a bit of flex when lifting. If this is in the bottom pole section would there be more flex? It would be a lot of pressure/weight on a part like this. Also, if grit gets in between would it not stick and make it harder to twist? So many questions... will probably buy it sooner or later, I'm a bit of a sucker that way! Would be great if somebody had it and could give us an honest review? I see it is coming as standard in their pole sets now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Finally got round to buying one, got a biggish job in Cambridge in a couple of weeks that is surrounded by very big sycamore trees. Their leaves are the worst I've come across for blocking the gutter vac so will let you know how good / bad or indifferent it is.

scottish cleaning service

Leaves are a right PITA. I was thinking about a bigger nozzle on the end to prevent it getting blocked. Another thing I found annoying was twigs and small branches. We need to inform customers who are surrounded by trees that they need their gutters cleared every year or it makes our life more difficult.

DannyC
2 hours ago, Part Timer said:

Finally got round to buying one, got a biggish job in Cambridge in a couple of weeks that is surrounded by very big sycamore trees. Their leaves are the worst I've come across for blocking the gutter vac so will let you know how good / bad or indifferent it is.

Thanks, I look forward to your review. I've had a couple of jobs recently where it could have benefited me if it does as they say.

Advertisement

Part Timer
On 27/02/2019 at 20:07, DannyC said:

Thanks, I look forward to your review. I've had a couple of jobs recently where it could have benefited me if it does as they say.

It does virtually the same as turning vac off, there is still a bit of a draw though. If leaves are well down the pipe you still have to knock the head. It releases the large turf lumps very easily. One word of warning when you go to shut it, make sure your hands are away from the edge as it does nip you. Not that it happened to me about 6 times today 😲

DannyC

Haha, thanks or the update. Sometimes the vac is just that couple of feet out of arms reach to get to safely to switch off. Guess I'll be buying on next one on my next order. Do you think it'll stand the test of time with grit getting in between?

Part Timer
1 hour ago, DannyC said:

Haha, thanks or the update. Sometimes the vac is just that couple of feet out of arms reach to get to safely to switch off. Guess I'll be buying on next one on my next order. Do you think it'll stand the test of time with grit getting in between?

There wasn't any obvious signs of grit in it yesterday, but then again it was being used in a monsoon so anything would have been washed out. I assume it will be like the clamps on the poles, a bit of maintenance should preserve it.