Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What gutter vac would you recommend?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Do you have the 230v or 110v? Have you seen the latest tool, think I'll be buying one of these. Would this be something for you [mention=4842]THL4KEL[/mention]

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QsvvQ6scBzo?feature=oembed  
[/URL]
I have the 230v Skyvac Industrial. I have seen this. A great idea if it works but a bit unsure of it at the moment. I usually switch off the vac to drop the tufts if working on higher up gutters but I find that sometimes the tufts are stuck too far up the nozzle and have to lower it to the ground to pull it out anyway. I also wonder about how rigid it really is? If I have 6,7 or very occasionally 8 poles there is quite a bit of flex when lifting. If this is in the bottom pole section would there be more flex? It would be a lot of pressure/weight on a part like this. Also, if grit gets in between would it not stick and make it harder to twist? So many questions... will probably buy it sooner or later, I'm a bit of a sucker that way! Would be great if somebody had it and could give us an honest review? I see it is coming as standard in their pole sets now.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954
http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=91954

I have the 230v Skyvac Industrial. I have seen this. A great idea if it works but a bit unsure of it at the moment. I usually switch off the vac to drop the tufts if working on higher up gutters but I find that sometimes the tufts are stuck too far up the nozzle and have to lower it to the ground to pull it out anyway. I also wonder about how rigid it really is? If I have 6,7 or very occasionally 8 poles there is quite a bit of flex when lifting. If this is in the bottom pole section would there be more flex? It would be a lot of pressure/weight on a part like this. Also, if grit gets in between would it not stick and make it harder to twist? So many questions... will probably buy it sooner or later, I'm a bit of a sucker that way! Would be great if somebody had it and could give us an honest review? I see it is coming as standard in their pole sets now.

I have the 110v as @THL4KELadvised me the motors were less likely to burn out. Will probably buy this next month as I have a busy first 4 months of the year when I do most of my Vac work

I have the 110v as [mention=4842]THL4KEL[/mention]advised me the motors were less likely to burn out. Will probably buy this next month as I have a busy first 4 months of the year when I do most of my Vac work
I didn't know that about difference between the 110v/230v motors. The new motors are awkward and quite time consuming to fit. I have been knocked back for a couple of jobs on commercial sites because I'm not 110v. I have thought about asking Spinaclean how much it would be for a 110v vac head unit only (not drum, chassis etc) but not got around to it yet.
If you buy this part please post a review when you've used it. I'd be very interested if it saves time and is easy enough to use.

That's a great simple idea. Would like to get the 230v Industrial next year as well as the extreme and a tank in the van. Picked up another customer this morning so I'm up to 30. 

Wouldn't really like to pull the cuff off mine when it's 40' in the air. It's hard enough when there's only one section attached to it. 

We do it all all the time just lean the pole against the gutter hold it in your left hand put the end of the pole by your stomach and pull the cuff off the end with your other hand , when we are doing 60 foot high though I get one of my guys to pull it off and put it back again . I found lowering the pole all the time very time consuming and sometimes there wasn’t enough room to lower 40-60 feet of pole horizontally and it was also very heavy ???

I don't use a cuff I just put the hose over the pole and if blocked at top just lean pole against building while I pull of the hose and vegitation drops to floor. 

I would defy anyone to pull the cuff off mine with the vac on and pole 40' in the air. Disconnect from the vac yes but not from the pole. At the end of the day if the above saves time, and is safer then I'll give it a go.
I agree Part Timer, no chance would I pulling the cuff of the poles at 40'. On top of that if it's sludge or wet when trying to reconnect it will be running down the inside of the poles and out over the outside of the cuff on all over my hands and sleeves!

I would defy anyone to pull the cuff off mine with the vac on and pole 40' in the air. Disconnect from the vac yes but not from the pole. At the end of the day if the above saves time, and is safer then I'll give it a go.
I agree Part Timer, no chance would I pulling the cuff of the poles at 40'. On top of that if it's sludge or wet when trying to reconnect it will be running down the inside of the poles and out over the outside of the cuff on all over my hands and sleeves!

If you are  pulling great turfs out of a gutter you arnt going to be getting covered in silt as there won’t be any or very little , I have worked this way for ten years works a treat we are doing some this coming Friday you are welcome to and see how it’s done if you like ????

If you are  pulling great turfs out of a gutter you arnt going to be getting covered in silt as there won’t be any or very little , I have worked this way for ten years works a treat we are doing some this coming Friday you are welcome to and see how it’s done if you like [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
I'm not knocking anybody's way of working, it's just what happens to me. I can't make Friday, to busy cleaning gutters Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this coming week. Your very welcome to come up and show me how it's done on your days off this week [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

I'm not knocking anybody's way of working, it's just what happens to me. I can't make Friday, to busy cleaning gutters Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday this coming week. Your very welcome to come up and show me how it's done on your days off this week
emoji23.png
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Ime not criticising any ones way of working either I think it’s good to see how others do things as we can all learn from each other , I have learnt a few things on hear sometimes the simple things are the best , sometimes when we are working I see new ones making hard work of a job I always try to help them to make there life easier we have several other window cleaners pass on work  to us that they cannot do or don’t want to do but if they want help we always try to do that , I have a guy on this forum coming out with us this week to hopefully learn a few things to help him speed up his working day and earn more , this isn’t said boastfully it’s just trying to help the next generation learn how to make there working life easier as ones did with me when I started 

I promise you with the Sky Vac cuff you can't pull it off with the poles in the air. If the vac and poles you're using allow you to do it then fair play. I still say if this system is a simple twist then it's quicker and safer. 

I have always worked this way to drop turfs down , the idear of that vented pole is good but I question how long it will last with all the grit grinding it away every time it’s opened and closed then it will start loosing suction as it draws air in through the worn opening , why cannot you pull the cuff off the poles with a sky vac I do with mine ?? Ime not trying to be awkward just don’t know why you cannot get the cuff off , I just see that new thing as something to break get jammed up or cause problems, pulling the cuff off the pole for a couple of seconds then putting it back on is fool proof and never going to go wrong or ware , however it might be a good thing time will tell I guess 

Ime not criticising any ones way of working either I think it’s good to see how others do things as we can all learn from each other , I have learnt a few things on hear sometimes the simple things are the best , sometimes when we are working I see new ones making hard work of a job I always try to help them to make there life easier we have several other window cleaners pass on work  to us that they cannot do or don’t want to do but if they want help we always try to do that , I have a guy on this forum coming out with us this week to hopefully learn a few things to help him speed up his working day and earn more , this isn’t said boastfully it’s just trying to help the next generation learn how to make there working life easier as ones did with me when I started 
I wish I had somebody to show me some of the shortcuts and tricks when I started! I've wasted both lots of time and money getting to what i think is a competent level . I had window cleaners look at me as if I had 2 horns and a tail when I started gutter cleaning only. A couple said it would never work but so far so good. Eventually I got talking to them all and pass some work back and forth. I don't clean windows so there is no chance of me stealing their customers so they are happy to pass on work if they are too busy or can't be bothered and I'm often getting asked if I clean windows and just pass them on. If be happy to help someone wanting to try out a vac if they are up in Scotland. Plenty of gutters to go round!

I have always worked this way to drop turfs down , the idear of that vented pole is good but I question how long it will last with all the grit grinding it away every time it’s opened and closed then it will start loosing suction as it draws air in through the worn opening , why cannot you pull the cuff off the poles with a sky vac I do with mine ?? Ime not trying to be awkward just don’t know why you cannot get the cuff off , I just see that new thing as something to break get jammed up or cause problems, pulling the cuff off the pole for a couple of seconds then putting it back on is fool proof and never going to go wrong or ware , however it might be a good thing time will tell I guess 
The Skyvac cuff is very tight and a bit fiddly to get on sometimes, especially if it gets dirty on the on the inside. I cut down my broken Elite pole to 8" and just leave it in the cuff all the time. It's much easier to remove the poles now as it's really just into another clamped pole.
I agree about the grit as I said in an earlier post, over time it has got to wear away. Depending on how it's made it will either make it easier or harder to twist. If it becomes easier then it's wearing and probably will be letting out and suction will be decreasing.

I wish I had somebody to show me some of the shortcuts and tricks when I started! I've wasted both lots of time and money getting to what i think is a competent level . I had window cleaners look at me as if I had 2 horns and a tail when I started gutter cleaning only. A couple said it would never work but so far so good. Eventually I got talking to them all and pass some work back and forth. I don't clean windows so there is no chance of me stealing their customers so they are happy to pass on work if they are too busy or can't be bothered and I'm often getting asked if I clean windows and just pass them on. If be happy to help someone wanting to try out a vac if they are up in Scotland. Plenty of gutters to go round!

Lol I thought it was only me that had waisted loads of money on duff kit ??? , I think forums like this are good if used correctly to be able to ask questions and learn , I have been doing window cleaning , gutter clearance pressurewashing, and softwashing etc for 20 years but still accept there is a lot to learn , ime always happy to learn something to make the job easier , quicker , or cheaper, safer , 

No one is trying to be awkward, the cuff is very tight on the poles. It would be easier to disconnect from the vac. Will try the new release pole. If it doesn't last how much will it cost in the grand scheme of things. 

Latest Posts

Back