Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What gutter vac would you recommend?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I believe the release pole costs over £200 !,,,,
When I 1st started ordering from Spinaclean I used to email asking for the best deal price and they were always up for a deal. I now just phone them and apart from once I have got a bit off the price.

Bit expensive
emoji51.png
emoji51.png
emoji51.png
emoji51.png

View attachment 15255
Compared to some definitely!! Where did you see that price for the 8 pole set on their website? I can only see £1464 inc VAT!!!

Just googled spinner clean it’s under the vac pole section 

Google spinner clean then click on products a box comes up click on suction poles it’s on that page at the bottom 

Little Nellie ( my name for my £199 Maxblaster ) came good today. Clearing a gutter on a town house and the guy said I would need a big ladder. Fitted my camera on the top and six poles and away I went along the gutter and back again. 20mins front was done and 30mins back was done and I was 80 bangers heavier. Mostly sand and water came out and no broken tiles which was a bonus. I am seriously considering cutting a pole in half because I want the pole to end at chest height and they keep coming up long or short. Any thoughts on the matter most welcome?

Also used my Belay climbing glasses :1f44c:

Last edited by a moderator:
Little Nellie ( my name for my £199 Maxblaster ) came good today. Clearing a gutter on a town house and the guy said I would need a big ladder. Fitted my camera on the top and six poles and away I went along the gutter and back again. 20mins front was done and 30mins back was done and I was 80 bangers heavier. Mostly sand and water came out and no broken tiles which was a bonus. I am seriously considering cutting a pole in half because I want the pole to end at chest height and they keep coming up long or short. Any thoughts on the matter most welcome?

Did you give the pressure washer a name? 

How do you get on with the belay glasses @scottish cleaning service? Have you used them window cleaning yet? I get quite a lot of add on jobs which I enjoy doing, until the next day when I can barely look up or lift my pole because I’ve been working directly above me all day

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

How do you get on with the belay glasses @scottish cleaning service? Have you used them window cleaning yet? I get quite a lot of add on jobs which I enjoy doing, until the next day when I can barely look up or lift my pole because I’ve been working directly above me all day

First time using them and expecting funny looks but @Nudel said he wears them all the time. Must admit, very good and only £20 from Lepirate Model 2. Took a few weeks to arrive but I would use them when converting to WFP. Small price to pay for eliminating next day's neck pain.

Hi Fellas am I right in thinking if you have the 110 version then I need a transformer to plug it into then that into the mains ?

Just as a side point if you are looking for good quy100% carbon gutter poles look at carbon fibre tubes they are taper fit they don’t clamp but you can get 7x5 foot poles for around £600 I have been using them for 8 years they ar3 very good and are a cheaper option if you are starting out and cannot afford the more expensive branded poles they do need to be treated with respect don’t walk on them or throw them on the ground mine are still going strong and have been used on hundreds of jobs 
What’s taper fit? . . . . .

Taper fit means that the pole is bigger diameter in the length of the section going to a slightly smaller diameter for the last 8 inches on one end so you can put them all together , hope that makes sense 
Cool just trying to find one that states it taper fit

I have the 230v Skyvac Industrial. I have seen this. A great idea if it works but a bit unsure of it at the moment. I usually switch off the vac to drop the tufts if working on higher up gutters but I find that sometimes the tufts are stuck too far up the nozzle and have to lower it to the ground to pull it out anyway. I also wonder about how rigid it really is? If I have 6,7 or very occasionally 8 poles there is quite a bit of flex when lifting. If this is in the bottom pole section would there be more flex? It would be a lot of pressure/weight on a part like this. Also, if grit gets in between would it not stick and make it harder to twist? So many questions... will probably buy it sooner or later, I'm a bit of a sucker that way! Would be great if somebody had it and could give us an honest review? I see it is coming as standard in their pole sets now.

Finally got round to buying one, got a biggish job in Cambridge in a couple of weeks that is surrounded by very big sycamore trees. Their leaves are the worst I've come across for blocking the gutter vac so will let you know how good / bad or indifferent it is.

Leaves are a right PITA. I was thinking about a bigger nozzle on the end to prevent it getting blocked. Another thing I found annoying was twigs and small branches. We need to inform customers who are surrounded by trees that they need their gutters cleared every year or it makes our life more difficult.

Finally got round to buying one, got a biggish job in Cambridge in a couple of weeks that is surrounded by very big sycamore trees. Their leaves are the worst I've come across for blocking the gutter vac so will let you know how good / bad or indifferent it is.
Thanks, I look forward to your review. I've had a couple of jobs recently where it could have benefited me if it does as they say.

Back