Jump to content







Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic


HWCS

One near miss to many



Recommended Posts

Part Timer

It's far far quicker, as you've just found out, using a WFP on those Georgian windows. Especially when you have all the clamps straight :1f618:

Edited by Part Timer

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS
Just now, Part Timer said:

It's far far quicker, as you've just found out, using a WFP on those Georgian windows

Yeah she was adamant last clean wfp is the devils work and doesnt work.

 

Egg on her face today😉😉

 

Forgot to say on my post, drove home past everyhouse i did today and gotta say if they were my house id be happy with the results

Share this post


Link to post
dmw

That's good I switched from traditional to solely wfp overnight and "only" saved 2 hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant

@HWCS well done on a good first day, really surprised on first cleans that you got them done so quick, but if you've took on all the advise given on here across various posts and done the good tube vids, then it can all fall into place nicely and if the customers are happy with results and you've checked the jobs and all is good, then happy days.

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS
8 minutes ago, Iron Giant said:

@HWCS well done on a good first day, really surprised on first cleans that you got them done so quick, but if you've took on all the advise given on here across various posts and done the good tube vids, then it can all fall into place nicely and if the customers are happy with results and you've checked the jobs and all is good, then happy days.

Cheers, i think alot had to do with the fact when trading i was very meticulous when doing frames n sills.

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
2 minutes ago, HWCS said:

Cheers, i think alot had to do with the fact when trading i was very meticulous when doing frames n sills.


Just watch out for trickle vents as there can be a mother load of dirt to be flushed out of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Davy G

A tip for Georgian windows. I do the small squares one at a time with fast circular swirls rather than vertical and horizontal strokes. I start top left with two to three quick anticlockwise swirls, then move on to the next one to the right  and continue across on that level. Next I drop down to the right side one on the second level and repeat the process with clockwise rotations, working towards the left and so on. Providing I go right into all the corners and I don't stop the brush or remove it from the window till I'm finished, these windows are still mostly very fast to do and the dirt is washed very efficiently off the bars. Circular movements are quicker, and easier on the body because there is no starting and stopping of the mass of the brush and pole and the momentum is never lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Diamond geezer

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
5 hours ago, HWCS said:

What a blimding day.

 

Went out today for first time trad/wfp heres how it went. Today i had 11 jobs scheduled in for £199.00 Normally a 8am-5pm day as 3 houses are a nut ache.

 

Job 1 3bed semi cottage wfp top trad bottom - after wfping top trad seemed to take an age, but fk it i said id trad bottoms

 

Job 2 3bed semi cottage next door customer "you can do all mine wfp Jon, we had that in our last place" didnt need asking twice banged it out in 15mins normally a 45min job

 

Job 3 big gaff (pics attatched) with a small granny annexe, woman HATES wfp with a passion, she wasnt home, WPd the whole place it 30minutes normally a 90min job, shes phoned me to tell me how good the windows look and nearly puked when i told her theyd been wfp'd, but shes happy to continue

 

Job 4 holiday let, nobody home, bashed it all WFP in 12/15mins

 

Job 5 stood in dog sh1t twice and dragged hose through it 😡😡😡😡

 

Job 6 a first clean dipped brush in fairy/water mix to scrub windows then rinsed, then cleaned and rinsed again

 

Job 7, little old lady 90yo, couldnt clean and wont clean again, carer told me shes dying and will 99.9% not make XMAS, i actually shed a tear pulling off her drive she has nobody left and nothing to carry on for after her son died 3months ago.

 

Jobs 8,9,10,11 WFP 3 houses and a bungalow Also did an extra job and 2 quotes on way home as i had a ton of time

 

 

Today i started at 9 and was home at 2 shaving 4hrs off the trad cleaning time of my round today by doing WFP and nobody batted an eyelid.

Used 175 lt of pure as all jobs bar 1 ive been doing trad and im pretty anal when it comes to cleaning frames when up a ladder so none where bad.

20191106_145034.jpg

20191106_145054.jpg

 

 

There you go that’s your first day , now think what it will be like when they are all up to speed on the next cleans , then think how much quicker you would be with a van mount system 😂😂😂 we’ll done enjoy 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
12 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?


I am guessing this question is aimed at me, for me I want good fast flow of water, which is plenty enough and powerful enough to rinse down the glass fast leaving no debris behind, I find the larger the jet the slower the flow which means the pump has to be turned up a lot more and thus using more water,I want to work at a decent pace and not waste water,

I know a lad who has a 1000ltr tank in his van uses 2mm pencil jets with his pump running on a high setting and doesn't care how much water he uses, even with his high setting the flow from the brush is slower than using 1.4mm jets, I just think it's wasteful and careless to use more water than needed. 

Share this post


Link to post
dazmond

your doing well!the first day wfp took me 10 HOURS to clean the same work that normally took 7 hours trad.....in fact the first month was a nightmare at times and i felt like going back to trad....i was using a 50l trolley and 10 barrels in the back of an old kangoo!the same work today takes me around 5 hours....

 

fast forward 10 years and i have a decent hot system,great van,the best poles,electric reel and only work 25-30 hours a week for A LOT more money....happy days....👍

Share this post


Link to post
Chris34
2 hours ago, Iron Giant said:


I am guessing this question is aimed at me, for me I want good fast flow of water, which is plenty enough and powerful enough to rinse down the glass fast leaving no debris behind, I find the larger the jet the slower the flow which means the pump has to be turned up a lot more and thus using more water,I want to work at a decent pace and not waste water,

I know a lad who has a 1000ltr tank in his van uses 2mm pencil jets with his pump running on a high setting and doesn't care how much water he uses, even with his high setting the flow from the brush is slower than using 1.4mm jets, I just think it's wasteful and careless to use more water than needed. 

 

I think you're getting 'flow' mixed up with 'pressure'.  'Flow' rate is the amount of water leaving the pole, 'pressure' is the power of the water leaving the pole.  So I think what you mean is you want more power (pressure) so use the 1.4mm jets, to get that same power (pressure) on 2mm jets you have to turn the flow up a lot higher which uses more water.

 

In short if the flow controller is on a set setting, let's say a setting of '50' then a 2mm jet will have a higher flow than a 1.4mm jet but it will have less pressure than a 1.4mm jet.  Thus the 2mm jet would use more water as it has the higher flow rate.

 

  

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS
1 hour ago, dazmond said:

your doing well!the first day wfp took me 10 HOURS to clean the same work that normally took 7 hours trad.....in fact the first month was a nightmare at times and i felt like going back to trad....i was using a 50l trolley and 10 barrels in the back of an old kangoo!the same work today takes me around 5 hours....

 

fast forward 10 years and i have a decent hot system,great van,the best poles,electric reel and only work 25-30 hours a week for A LOT more money....happy days....👍

Were you not doing the frames when trading?

I found yeeterday that WFP was a very quick process as ive been washing/wiping all frames while trading  for 6months.

Share this post


Link to post
Chris34
On 22/10/2019 at 21:18, HWCS said:

 

So with this near miss in mind, i have to cross to the dark side and get myself wfp'd up and start my trad work bottom and bungalows  and wfping anything higher than a step ladder sooner than i thought.

 

 

Bet you're gonna sack that idea right off now :1f602:  All out wfp for everything :1f44d:

Edited by Chris34
grammer

Share this post


Link to post
Suhrly
27 minutes ago, Chris34 said:

 

Bet you're gonna sack that idea right off now :1f602:  All out wfp for everything :1f44d:

 

Yeah the only good thing about doing both is the fact it saves on pure water

Share this post


Link to post
HWCS
3 minutes ago, Suhrly said:

 

Yeah the only good thing about doing both is the fact it saves on pure water

Once im making rather than buying it, that wont be a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Diamond geezer
5 hours ago, Iron Giant said:

am guessing this question is aimed at me, for m

Very interesting,as iam about to order anew brush from Gardiner and will have to specify jet size,

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
2 hours ago, Diamond geezer said:

Very interesting,as iam about to order anew brush from Gardiner and will have to specify jet size,

I've recently changed down from the 2mm pencil jets to the 1.4mm pencil jets and I find them better for rinsing, a faster flow down the window, use less water and are far more accurate when rinsing awkward areas.

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
11 hours ago, Iron Giant said:


I am guessing this question is aimed at me, for me I want good fast flow of water, which is plenty enough and powerful enough to rinse down the glass fast leaving no debris behind, I find the larger the jet the slower the flow which means the pump has to be turned up a lot more and thus using more water,I want to work at a decent pace and not waste water,

I know a lad who has a 1000ltr tank in his van uses 2mm pencil jets with his pump running on a high setting and doesn't care how much water he uses, even with his high setting the flow from the brush is slower than using 1.4mm jets, I just think it's wasteful and careless to use more water than needed. 

 

 

I tried  the 1:4 and found it was like using a pressure washer 😂😂 and splashed everywhere, I find the 2mm gives a nice curtain of water over the whole area at a lower pressure if that makes sense with no splash back . 

Share this post


Link to post
Diamond geezer

I suppose ill have to try em both,lot of things to try in this game..,cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
2 minutes ago, Pjj said:

 

 

I tried  the 1:4 and found it was like using a pressure washer 😂😂 and splashed everywhere, I find the 2mm gives a nice curtain of water over the whole area at a lower pressure if that makes sense with no splash back . 

I find if you keep the brush just off the glass you get very little splashing. Somewhere between rinsing on, not a huge fan of unless 40'+, and rinsing off.

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
4 minutes ago, Diamond geezer said:

I suppose ill have to try em both,lot of things to try in this game..,cheers

This is the benefit of the new Gardiner brushes, you can try the different types of jets and fans without having to buy a new brush. Still think the new brushes aren't as good or last as long as the older ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Diamond geezer
2 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Still think the new brushes aren't as good or last as long as the older ones.

interestig

Share this post


Link to post
Pjj
6 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

This is the benefit of the new Gardiner brushes, you can try the different types of jets and fans without having to buy a new brush. Still think the new brushes aren't as good or last as long as the older ones.

 

 

The old brass jets cost £3 the jet capsule things are £7 all plus vat so quite a lot dearer , they do work well however , I have never be one to change jets I always use the same no mater what we are doing . 

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
21 hours ago, Chris34 said:

 

I think you're getting 'flow' mixed up with 'pressure'.  'Flow' rate is the amount of water leaving the pole, 'pressure' is the power of the water leaving the pole.  So I think what you mean is you want more power (pressure) so use the 1.4mm jets, to get that same power (pressure) on 2mm jets you have to turn the flow up a lot higher which uses more water.

 

In short if the flow controller is on a set setting, let's say a setting of '50' then a 2mm jet will have a higher flow than a 1.4mm jet but it will have less pressure than a 1.4mm jet.  Thus the 2mm jet would use more water as it has the higher flow rate.

 

  


I know what I meant 😁 but thanks for the well written an informed explanation

Share this post


Link to post
Iron Giant
12 hours ago, Pjj said:

 

 

I tried  the 1:4 and found it was like using a pressure washer 😂😂 and splashed everywhere, I find the 2mm gives a nice curtain of water over the whole area at a lower pressure if that makes sense with no splash back . 


You need to turn the flow down I have mine on 30 at the moment using cold, I found it's also a mind over matter thing, I was so used to using 1mm jets for year then switching to the 1.4mm jets was really strange yet I knew because I was used to hearing the sound water made hitting the glass from 1mm jets I was thinking to myself the 1.4mm jets weren't as good but after about 2 weeks all was good. 

As for the brass jets I am the same as you, I prefer the cheapest and use all the same jets in each brush as once you're used to something you know exactly were you are at with them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Chris34
3 hours ago, Iron Giant said:


I know what I meant 😁 but thanks for the well written an informed explanation

 

I've not got round to getting any yet, been meaning to try them out all year.  I have a feeling that they will be better for first cleans and the frames / sills as they will blast the dirt off, however I have my doubts about the final rinse.  If there was a switch on the pole that could switch between 2 sets of jets then that would be my preferred option (in dream land), I'd use a high pressure 1mm or 1.4mm for the clean and a 3mm for the rinse.

 

Are the Gardiners ones now the best option or would you still go for the machine mart?  Also why did you switch to 1.4mm?

Edited by Chris34
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
francie

Good info on this thread lads. 

If I change from 2mm to 1.4, will I'll have to get 1.4 hosing to fit into the back of the brush? 

Share this post


Link to post
Part Timer
13 minutes ago, francie said:

Good info on this thread lads. 

If I change from 2mm to 1.4, will I'll have to get 1.4 hosing to fit into the back of the brush? 

No still the same microbore that you use now, just turn the water flow down.

Share this post


Link to post
Diamond geezer

can any one review the water gene back pack trolly?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.