Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One near miss to many

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I've got the SLX-22 and never had a problem with first floor windows.  On some of them extended at the back I use a hop up, it means you can stand closer without the gutter of the ground floor getting in the way.

image.jpeg

The brown frame picture is deceptive.....that's a SLX 25 and it's a tow with that....when I do first cleans I use, where possible, a CLX 22 with a turbo brush on to get the frames up to scratch first.......couldn't get to those two when I did first clean with it...maybe with a step ladder.....the bottom picture could be reached from the side with a swivel on but it's far easier working straight on where possible.

What's a turbo brush?

Puzzled by your words and photos as it looks like you are using a 22ft pole, I am 5ft nowt and can easily reach the vast majority of windows above conservatories without issue and even the top floors on a good few 3 storey townhouses on new build estates, bottom pic I would do the window from the side if the bins weren't in the way with a angle change on the brush ?

I think you must have missed were he said he ain't so good with ladders after a near miss ?
I took an educated guess that @HWCS was still carrying on working just shaking at the knees a little. Besides, a step ladder is a bit different. Smart ar5e ?

Just put this on my facebook page, informative or pointless?

Anything youd have added?

For health and safety reasons we have invested in even more new equipment this week at HWCS hq.

We are adding to the ever growing list of equipment, a brand new WFP (water fed pole) system.

This will be used predominantly on 1st floor windows and higher, this will also allow us to clean some windows that are unaccessable with the traditional method of cleaning.

Recomendations are that WFP cleaning should be done with purified water, rest assured that we will be following these recomendations. So you, our customers recieve cleaning to the high standards that you come to expect and recieve from HWCS.

Water in the North Norfolk area has an average TDS reading of over 300, the water we will be using will be purified down to a TDS reading of 0-10

Q: What is TDS?

A: TDS stands for total dissolved solids, and represents the total concentration of dissolved substances in water. ... Common inorganic salts that can be found in water include calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium, which are all cations, and carbonates, nitrates, bicarbonates, chlorides and sulfates, which are all anions.

If you have any questions about our new equipment or cleaning techniques, dont hesitate ask.

This equipment will also enable us to now do thorough cleans on gutters, fascias, soffets, barge boards and also offer a full conservatory clean including those sometimes awkward roofs.

I’m being picky and it’s only my 2pence worth, but these are the changes i’d consider: 

Unaccessable -> inaccessible (If staying with Unaccessable, it should be Unaccessible)

high standards -> highest standards

This equipment will also enable us to now do thorough cleans on - > This new equipment will now enable us to offer even more high quality services including:

gutters

- fascias

- soffets -> soffits

- barge boards

- full conservatory clean including those sometimes awkward to access roofs

Hope that helps a little, just my suggestions is all.

Cheers,

Dave

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
To bulky mate im working from a zaffira atm
This is what I used when I was working from my car. 

https://www.diy.com/departments/foldable-hand-cart-max-weight-80kg/1362659_BQ.prd

I had posted on a thread images and  instructions of what I made years ago. I had to replace it after a year as it broke. To be honest it worked well to get me started but I can’t comment on longevity or how it compares to others as I quickly moved to a van mount. I found though the handle was high enough when fully extended to pull fairly comfortably. I’m 6ft for reference. 

Heres the thread:

https://www.diy.com/departments/foldable-hand-cart-max-weight-80kg/1362659_BQ.prd

I had posted on a thread images and  instructions of what I made years ago. I had to replace it after a year as it broke. To be honest it worked well to get me started but I can’t comment on longevity or how it compares to others as I quickly moved to a van mount. I found though the handle was high enough when fully extended to pull fairly comfortably. I’m 6ft for reference. 

Heres the thread:
Thats brilliant, looks like ill be going all MacGyver next weekend.

Heres the thread:
Can also say this trolley is very good, used to put it in the front foot well of my car instead of the boot though (some times was a bit heavy to lift over the lip of my boot).

Last edited by a moderator:
Panic over aboutfitting all my gear in the Zaffira, went n played pool last night (won6-3) and a lad on my team picks his new van up Thursday so ive got his old Combi for £450 50weeks MOT, good all rounder just gotta get the smell of his fkn weed out of it ??

Back