Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One near miss to many

WCF

Help Support WCF:

@HWCS

Good on you mate an fairplay. 

What's your insurers name buddy? 
Insurance!!!!!!

Just kidding

Van is with premier through vanline direct

Business is with simply business

Did the lemon work ?
Not tried it yet but FOOOOOOOOK ME it dont half pong , i picked it up sunday at 10am, done a 100 mile round trip and had a sore throat since, and he had it valleted by the polskis

What a blimding day.

Went out today for first time trad/wfp heres how it went. Today i had 11 jobs scheduled in for £199.00 Normally a 8am-5pm day as 3 houses are a nut ache.

Job 1 3bed semi cottage wfp top trad bottom - after wfping top trad seemed to take an age, but fk it i said id trad bottoms

Job 2 3bed semi cottage next door customer "you can do all mine wfp Jon, we had that in our last place" didnt need asking twice banged it out in 15mins normally a 45min job

Job 3 big gaff (pics attatched) with a small granny annexe, woman HATES wfp with a passion, she wasnt home, WPd the whole place it 30minutes normally a 90min job, shes phoned me to tell me how good the windows look and nearly puked when i told her theyd been wfp'd, but shes happy to continue

Job 4 holiday let, nobody home, bashed it all WFP in 12/15mins

Job 5 stood in dog sh1t twice and dragged hose through it ????

Job 6 a first clean dipped brush in fairy/water mix to scrub windows then rinsed, then cleaned and rinsed again

Job 7, little old lady 90yo, couldnt clean and wont clean again, carer told me shes dying and will 99.9% not make XMAS, i actually shed a tear pulling off her drive she has nobody left and nothing to carry on for after her son died 3months ago.

Jobs 8,9,10,11 WFP 3 houses and a bungalow Also did an extra job and 2 quotes on way home as i had a ton of time

Today i started at 9 and was home at 2 shaving 4hrs off the trad cleaning time of my round today by doing WFP and nobody batted an eyelid.

Used 175 lt of pure as all jobs bar 1 ive been doing trad and im pretty anal when it comes to cleaning frames when up a ladder so none where bad.

20191106_145034.jpg

20191106_145054.jpg

It's far far quicker, as you've just found out, using a WFP on those Georgian windows
Yeah she was adamant last clean wfp is the devils work and doesnt work.

Egg on her face today??

Forgot to say on my post, drove home past everyhouse i did today and gotta say if they were my house id be happy with the results

@HWCS well done on a good first day, really surprised on first cleans that you got them done so quick, but if you've took on all the advise given on here across various posts and done the good tube vids, then it can all fall into place nicely and if the customers are happy with results and you've checked the jobs and all is good, then happy days.

@HWCS well done on a good first day, really surprised on first cleans that you got them done so quick, but if you've took on all the advise given on here across various posts and done the good tube vids, then it can all fall into place nicely and if the customers are happy with results and you've checked the jobs and all is good, then happy days.
Cheers, i think alot had to do with the fact when trading i was very meticulous when doing frames n sills.

A tip for Georgian windows. I do the small squares one at a time with fast circular swirls rather than vertical and horizontal strokes. I start top left with two to three quick anticlockwise swirls, then move on to the next one to the right  and continue across on that level. Next I drop down to the right side one on the second level and repeat the process with clockwise rotations, working towards the left and so on. Providing I go right into all the corners and I don't stop the brush or remove it from the window till I'm finished, these windows are still mostly very fast to do and the dirt is washed very efficiently off the bars. Circular movements are quicker, and easier on the body because there is no starting and stopping of the mass of the brush and pole and the momentum is never lost.

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?

Interesting,you sugest 1.4 mm jets over2mm for a better flow,isnt the 2mm a bigger orifice?

What a blimding day.

Went out today for first time trad/wfp heres how it went. Today i had 11 jobs scheduled in for £199.00 Normally a 8am-5pm day as 3 houses are a nut ache.

Job 1 3bed semi cottage wfp top trad bottom - after wfping top trad seemed to take an age, but fk it i said id trad bottoms

Job 2 3bed semi cottage next door customer "you can do all mine wfp Jon, we had that in our last place" didnt need asking twice banged it out in 15mins normally a 45min job

Job 3 big gaff (pics attatched) with a small granny annexe, woman HATES wfp with a passion, she wasnt home, WPd the whole place it 30minutes normally a 90min job, shes phoned me to tell me how good the windows look and nearly puked when i told her theyd been wfp'd, but shes happy to continue

Job 4 holiday let, nobody home, bashed it all WFP in 12/15mins

Job 5 stood in dog sh1t twice and dragged hose through it ????

Job 6 a first clean dipped brush in fairy/water mix to scrub windows then rinsed, then cleaned and rinsed again

Job 7, little old lady 90yo, couldnt clean and wont clean again, carer told me shes dying and will 99.9% not make XMAS, i actually shed a tear pulling off her drive she has nobody left and nothing to carry on for after her son died 3months ago.

Jobs 8,9,10,11 WFP 3 houses and a bungalow Also did an extra job and 2 quotes on way home as i had a ton of time

Today i started at 9 and was home at 2 shaving 4hrs off the trad cleaning time of my round today by doing WFP and nobody batted an eyelid.

Used 175 lt of pure as all jobs bar 1 ive been doing trad and im pretty anal when it comes to cleaning frames when up a ladder so none where bad.

View attachment 18257

View attachment 18258

There you go that’s your first day , now think what it will be like when they are all up to speed on the next cleans , then think how much quicker you would be with a van mount system ??? we’ll done enjoy 

I am guessing this question is aimed at me, for me I want good fast flow of water, which is plenty enough and powerful enough to rinse down the glass fast leaving no debris behind, I find the larger the jet the slower the flow which means the pump has to be turned up a lot more and thus using more water,I want to work at a decent pace and not waste water,

I know a lad who has a 1000ltr tank in his van uses 2mm pencil jets with his pump running on a high setting and doesn't care how much water he uses, even with his high setting the flow from the brush is slower than using 1.4mm jets, I just think it's wasteful and careless to use more water than needed. 

your doing well!the first day wfp took me 10 HOURS to clean the same work that normally took 7 hours trad.....in fact the first month was a nightmare at times and i felt like going back to trad....i was using a 50l trolley and 10 barrels in the back of an old kangoo!the same work today takes me around 5 hours....

fast forward 10 years and i have a decent hot system,great van,the best poles,electric reel and only work 25-30 hours a week for A LOT more money....happy days....?

I am guessing this question is aimed at me, for me I want good fast flow of water, which is plenty enough and powerful enough to rinse down the glass fast leaving no debris behind, I find the larger the jet the slower the flow which means the pump has to be turned up a lot more and thus using more water,I want to work at a decent pace and not waste water,

I know a lad who has a 1000ltr tank in his van uses 2mm pencil jets with his pump running on a high setting and doesn't care how much water he uses, even with his high setting the flow from the brush is slower than using 1.4mm jets, I just think it's wasteful and careless to use more water than needed. 

I think you're getting 'flow' mixed up with 'pressure'.  'Flow' rate is the amount of water leaving the pole, 'pressure' is the power of the water leaving the pole.  So I think what you mean is you want more power (pressure) so use the 1.4mm jets, to get that same power (pressure) on 2mm jets you have to turn the flow up a lot higher which uses more water.

In short if the flow controller is on a set setting, let's say a setting of '50' then a 2mm jet will have a higher flow than a 1.4mm jet but it will have less pressure than a 1.4mm jet.  Thus the 2mm jet would use more water as it has the higher flow rate.

your doing well!the first day wfp took me 10 HOURS to clean the same work that normally took 7 hours trad.....in fact the first month was a nightmare at times and i felt like going back to trad....i was using a 50l trolley and 10 barrels in the back of an old kangoo!the same work today takes me around 5 hours....

fast forward 10 years and i have a decent hot system,great van,the best poles,electric reel and only work 25-30 hours a week for A LOT more money....happy days....?
Were you not doing the frames when trading?

I found yeeterday that WFP was a very quick process as ive been washing/wiping all frames while trading  for 6months.

So with this near miss in mind, i have to cross to the dark side and get myself wfp'd up and start my trad work bottom and bungalows  and wfping anything higher than a step ladder sooner than i thought.

Bet you're gonna sack that idea right off now  :1f602:   All out wfp for everything  :1f44d:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back