Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Problems at Grippatank???

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Not heard anything, but I went and looked at that post, if what has been provided is bona fide then they could well be in some trouble, I personally choose not to buy anything from them after my last purchase due to bad customer service also things which have being said over the last year about their customer service and poor fitting service regarding not having all available stock to fully fit out a paid for system, didn't fill me with confidence either and if you multiply my experience by however many other people may have not had a positive experience that could obviously affect them quite a bit financially over a period of time.

Of course who knows only time will tell and we can only speculate as to what the issue maybe if at all and as to what that persons intentions are or were regarding what has been posted elsewhere. 

The problem with people sharing information like that is it puts people off buying from them. You only have to look at Thomas Cook, as soon as people started reporting on their financial difficulty people stopped booking with them. I feel for companies in difficulty but if I feel they are in financial difficulty I wouldn't buy from them incase they aren't around to sort out potential problems in the future.

The problem with people sharing information like that is it puts people off buying from them. You only have to look at Thomas Cook, as soon as people started reporting on their financial difficulty people stopped booking with them. I feel for companies in difficulty but if I feel they are in financial difficulty I wouldn't buy from them incase they aren't around to sort out potential problems in the future.
Don’t feel the bigger ones, all the top dogs still take massive bonuses whilst the company is going into rack and ruin leaving all their employees high and dry. They should be the ones to feel for. Sometimes you can go too big and quality control goes out the window as it’s unmanageable. Look what happened to Jamie Oliver and his restaraunt business and how many bad reviews do you read about these national cleaning company’s. 

Someone has just informed me of a post on the other forum about grippatank being in difficult has anyone Hurd anything ???? 
I bought a system off them 3 years ago and have had very good customer service on the one or two occasions I've had to call them. I received an order off them from some bits the other week and apart from a couple of brass elbows (they were sent on a subsequent delivery) have had no problems.

Its probably a case of Chinese whispers. .

They have seen the Photo and are getting their lawyer onto it. Oliver said he has had to take on more employees because they are so busy. I think its a disgruntled customer who is trying to taint their name. They are coming up here on Friday and I'm booked in for saturday so I will hear what's going on.

They have seen the Photo and are getting their lawyer onto it. Oliver said he has had to take on more employees because they are so busy. I think its a disgruntled customer who is trying to taint their name. They are coming up here on Friday and I'm booked in for saturday so I will hear what's going on.
Scottish you have became the grippa spokesperson. 15k is a lot to them and how wouldnt it be to any firm, and it defo could put some companies like that under. 

Scottish you have became the grippa spokesperson. 15k is a lot to them and how wouldnt it be to any firm, and it defo could put some companies like that under. 
From what I can see after paying for a search this is totally genuine.

its more than likely a supplier dispute, and that supplier has screen shot the info as they may be a little perturbed...

mr B

Yes to a one man band but not when you have nearly ten employees. They are up here at the end of the week so I will let you know then. We can speculate as to the reason but can't verify until next week. What I do know is that they are very busy and have employed more staff and not happy with the negative news. fwiw

Scottish is trying convince his self that this isn’t going to effect him on Friday ? 

Certainly not going to effect me on Friday because I'm booked in for Saturday. ?

Yes to a one man band but not when you have nearly ten employees. They are up here at the end of the week so I will let you know then. We can speculate as to the reason but can't verify until next week. What I do know is that they are very busy and have employed more staff and not happy with the negative news. fwiw
I have no knowledge whatsoever about this matter, however there are 2 people I wouldn't listen to regarding the matter. Joe Bloggs in the street and the company that are going to discuss it with you. Do you actually believe that they will tell you the full story, warts and all?

I have no knowledge whatsoever about this matter, however there are 2 people I wouldn't listen to regarding the matter. Joe Bloggs in the street and the company that are going to discuss it with you. Do you actually believe that they will tell you the full story, warts and all?

I'm the one that drew it to their attention so they should give me an explanation but if their lawyers are involved then maybe not. They will probably serve a writ against cleanit and if it gets removed then one knows why.

Certainly not going to effect me on Friday because I'm booked in for Saturday. ?
Friday is the day when you receive the update , no longer trading  water works do cheap power reel ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm the one that drew it to their attention so they should give me an explanation but if their lawyers are involved then maybe not. They will probably serve a writ against cleanit and if it gets removed then one knows why.

Grippa and Oliver monitor these forums daily if they wanted to give an explanation they would have.

15k isn't a lot of money for a company like Grippa.They are probably having a dispute with a supplier who has issued a ccj.There could be any number of reasons why they owe this, faulty or damaged stock could be one or product quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Before anyone takes this any further, a quote from CIU admins...

''We have data this end and can see that Wiseman Windows is in fact a window cleaning supplier/competitor to Grippatank.....not a good move to post in this way.

Please be aware all that using multiple usernames doesn't make you anonymous''

Latest Posts

Back