Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Grippatank system problems.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ppads52

Hi, hoping someone can help me here.
I’ve a cold water grippatank system. The leisure battery is fully charged ( charged it overnight with a smart charger) but the power isn’t getting to the pumps as it should. The controller is fluctuating between 8.5amp to 10.5amp.
I’ve checked the fuses etc, all seem fine!

I’ve a cold water grippatank system. The leisure battery is fully charged ( charged it overnight with a smart charger) but the power isn’t getting to the pumps as it should. The controller is fluctuating between 8.5amp to 10.5amp.
I’ve checked the fuses etc, all seem
Is the wiring in good condition and the connectors all good ?

I’ve checked the fuses etc, all seem fine!
You really need a multimeter and test the voltage at each connection. Double check the battery voltage, check not just the fuse but the actual fuse holder. Test the voltage going into the controller and at the pump. Logically work from the battery to the pump, test at each connection.
You can disconnect the controller and power the pump directly (via a fuse) from the battery - if the pump runs then the battery should be ok and the pump is Ok so you have a connection issue between the 2 or the controller is playing up.

Hope that helps?

When you switch the controller on try to get a voltage reading on the actual battery posts. If that reading is fine then as @ched999uk says, check each electrical connection including the fuse holder.

I'd agree with @Pjj on this the battery is duff, it will need replacing never ever known a battery to go so low when mine has been shot in the past they usually gave out a reading of around 11.5 on my controller

I find that the controller voltage readings only give a reading of the battery under load as the pump will be running. Better off using a voltage meter straight on the battery without anything running. This will give you a true reading of the battery voltage. If it’s still reading around 12v or under fully charged the battery is goosed. A good battery should be reading any where between 13/14v.

UPDATE. ive found a 40amp fuse blown in the "split relay" which is under the rear seats, a pain to get to. so the split relay hasnt been charging the battery as it should. i used a smart charger on my leisure battery, took about 28 hours on repair mode, everything is working fine now. thank you all so much for your help and advice.

UPDATE. ive found a 40amp fuse blown in the "split relay" which is under the rear seats, a pain to get to. so the split relay hasnt been charging the battery as it should. i used a smart charger on my leisure battery, took about 28 hours on repair mode, everything is working fine now. thank you all so much for your help and advice.
You really need to check the cable all the way through as there was a reason why the fuse blew! Check where it goes through any metal panels as it might have chaffed through the insulation but it might not be obvious unless you pull or push the cable a little to see the exact spot where it passes through a panel (hopefully via a grommet).
Don't ignore a blown fuse, find the cause or it could bite you!

Latest Posts

Back