Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just bought shares in a greyound lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Dave B

Staff member
Just bought 5 shares out of 20 in a greyhound which is doing well at the moment.. 75 quid a share and tenner a month for training.

A bit of fun for me.

Anyone else got weird things they have paid into?

Last edited by a moderator:
What sort of money can that expect to return on average mate 
Not a lot ?, had shares in dogs, owned dogs outright, even owned kennels that was solely for greyhounds in training. My Parents even ran Brough Park in the mid to late 80's. Is your dog part of the Towstar syndication @Dave B? If you have the time to watch them and go to the kennels on a Sunday and walk them they can be a relatively cheap form of entertainment. Anyone getting involved in Greyhounds to make a profit will more than likely end up disappointed. Good luck with yours Dave.

Not a lot ?, had shares in dogs, owned dogs outright, even owned kennels that was solely for greyhounds in training. My Parents even ran Brough Park in the mid to late 80's. Is your dog part of the Towstar syndication @Dave B? If you have the time to watch them and go to the kennels on a Sunday and walk them they can be a relatively cheap form of entertainment. Anyone getting involved in Greyhounds to make a profit will more than likely end up disappointed. Good luck with yours Dave.
im out ?

It will make my money back but it's more for the fun of it.

My customer owns the dog and has done it for years.

Henlow dog track is only 20 minutes away and I enjoy going there when I can.

Excuse for a pint and something to eat.

It's all for the fun of it for me.

Please, please, take care of its welfare. I lived in Ireland for a number of years and bred greyhounds for a few of those years. I got out of it and went into rescue and re-homing when I realised how poor the care was with a lot of the owners: dogs living most of their lives in dingy kennels and runs receiving very little kindness, running for their lives when they raced. Too many lost races and they would very often come to a bad death. Some of the incidents I came across were traumatic and heartbreaking.

There were some good owners who would retire them to good homes but there were an awful lot who weren't good owners.

Good luck, be kind and enjoy. ?

It will make my money back but it's more for the fun of it.

My customer owns the dog and has done it for years.

Henlow dog track is only 20 minutes away and I enjoy going there when I can.

Excuse for a pint and something to eat.

It's all for the fun of it for me.
They're reopening Towcester, that's in your neck of the woods as well.

Please, please, take care of its welfare. I lived in Ireland for a number of years and bred greyhounds for a few of those years. I got out of it and went into rescue and re-homing when I realised how poor the care was with a lot of the owners: dogs living most of their lives in dingy kennels and runs receiving very little kindness, running for their lives when they raced. Too many lost races and they would very often come to a bad death. Some of the incidents I came across were traumatic and heartbreaking.

There were some good owners who would retire them to good homes but there were an awful lot who weren't good owners.

Good luck, be kind and enjoy. ?
There is a massive push nowadays for retired greyhounds. Not the way it used to be.

They're reopening Towcester, that's in your neck of the woods as well.

There is a massive push nowadays for retired greyhounds. Not the way it used to be.
That's good. I've been out of it for a number of years so I'm not as informed as I used to be. My wife was the main force in our rescue days and it left us both quite traumatised.

Very glad things have improved. ??

That's good. I've been out of it for a number of years so I'm not as informed as I used to be. My wife was the main force in our rescue days and it left us both quite traumatised.

Very glad things have improved. ??
My customer loves his dogs and has 2 retired ones as pets at home and a whippet. 

I love dogs and would have nothing to do with it if I didn't know how he treats them.

Latest Posts

Back