Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£5 Per House ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

i have some 2 bed houses at a fiver,

takes me about 3 hours and earn about £100.

although i would sooner do my bigger houses i do think theses five pound houses bring good money.

So what you are saying you can clean twenty 2 bed houses front&back on your own in less than 3 hours for £100?

although i would sooner do my bigger houses i do think theses five pound houses bring good money.

So what you are saying you can clean twenty 2 bed houses front&back on your own in less than 3 hours for £100?
yes i do and have done for 10 years. although some are 5,50 and 6 pounds,
there are 6 windows on these houses and 2 doors, wfp tops and trad bottoms

Nothing wrong with letting the work clump together like that and you still end up with a rate of £33 per hour; window cleaning has potential :Image3:

But you will get far more profit if you manage your round & prices together.

3 things you can do to improve things in your favour –

Reduce the average cleaning time down from 9 minutes – this doesn’t involve the customers.

But if you couple this with reducing the overall 3 hour cleaning time, by letting some customer go, or fewer cleans per year; your hourly rate will go up.

It’s quick and easy to do, just work out the necessary.

Richard

I do 7 houses on one street in just under an hour.

Prices range from £5 - £9

Park van in middle. Trolley system and away we go.

But what do I know eh! Trolleys are ****.

I have 6 x £6 in one street all clumped and it takes me a hour and a half. then I drive to the next street and do one for a fiver. so I get £41 for under 2 hours of work.

Min charge for us is now £10, but how can i charge £10 for a house with 4 windows and a door.

Because that’s you minimum charge Damo, if you need to explain to the customer - say you have a cost for each visit and that if they had a few more windows the price would still be £10.

If you expect to get a lot of work like this, you could advertise 8 window frames ‘or less will be £10

Richard

Does make me wonder why ppl still price houses so cheaply when the going rate around my way for example for 3 bed small terraced was £5 per 2 weekly window clean over 15 years ago.

I know some areas are more affluent than others but that price was for houses on council estates. :Image16:

Latest Posts

Back