Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

2nd clean sacked off

WCF

Help Support WCF:

When i'm doing first cleans, I just buff off the excess with cloth so no spotting. Some can be funny about it. I may even do it for the 2nd clean aswell, few minutes extra but saves trying to explain the workings of WFP. 

Not far myself used to live stechford way (poolway to be precise)
Live in Plymouth, Devon now

emoji1303.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Stay where you are fella it's Chavtastic around there now all I see when I pass through that way is kids on quad bikes all chav-ed up

Knocking doors ain't begging ?, I am supposed to be reducing my workload and I've took on over 20 in the last few weeks with no advertising as such just posts to my fb page to keep it fresh [emoji41]

County Durham Lad

Yeah, it seems to be the time of the year for this sort of thing, I have had a few recently who before I do the job we agree on an every 4 or 8 week rota, then when the jobs done and I say 'see you in 8 weeks' they turn round and say 'can we call you when they next need doing'

Bloody frustrating but I can't be doing with the hassle of arguing with them so I take it on the chin, the best feeling is when they call back in a years time asking for a clean and then you can explain harshly that last time 'we agreed on a 4 or 8 week clean and its now been a year, unfortunately I only have space to take on regular customers at the moment so I'll be unable to do your windows.'

It's funny though that after experience you can tell the people who are going to cause these issues and you can charge an inflated first clean price to reflect it.

Also it is definitely a cultural issue, charge Asians and travellers more money as they will knock you down and when you're doing the work they'll ask you for extras FOC so you need to be able to account for this.

Back