Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Constant one off jobs or constant window cleaning, which would you prefer?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

for me personally i usually prefer just normal regular window cleaning........ive been doing this job for 28 years now and built up lots of good runs of regular work...i like to get my scheduled work done and get home early EVERY day.....

BUT!..........on the odd occasion i like to clean a really dirty conny roof or f/s/g job just to see the transformation but its not often these days......

I much prefer one offs, but that’s probably due to windows not being my only income stream.

If I was relying on windows then it makes a lot more sense to aim for regular income but seeing as I’m not I really like the flexibility that one-offs offer as well as being more lucrative. In fact when I move house to a new town I’ll be restructuring the way I do business to focus more on one offs and only have a small core regular round that covers business outgoings and some extra.

I'm with Daz on this. 

In terms of maximum profitably, and minimal time out working, it's best just to stick to regular Windows only, compact work, and lots of it..

But blimey is it BORING!! 

?

I'm with Daz on this. 

In terms of maximum profitably, and minimal time out working, it's best just to stick to regular Windows only, compact work, and lots of it..

But blimey is it BORING!! 

?
Isn't it just.

Been out all day today doing bunches of 6 or more without moving the van.

Gets a bit stale after a while. 

I been doing windows only but few months ago i started offering add ons,, starting to offer more add ons soon,, 

add ons is where the money is 

I been doing windows only but few months ago i started offering add ons,, starting to offer more add ons soon,, 

add ons is where the money is 
no its not......add ons are where the hard work is......every time ive had neck ache  or pulled a muscle its usually because im cleaning an add on.....they are A LOT HARDER WORK compared to regular window cleaning....

besides once your at a very comfortable level (income wise) from just regular windows the add ons just dont seem attractive anymore even if you make a bit more than your regular window jobs.....

no its not......add ons are where the hard work is......every time ive had neck ache  or pulled a muscle its usually because im cleaning an add on.....they are A LOT HARDER WORK compared to regular window cleaning....

besides once your at a very comfortable level (income wise) from just regular windows the add ons just dont seem attractive anymore even if you make a bit more than your regular window jobs.....
Depends what you charge and what you are doing some of the add ons we do are many times our hourly rate on the glass and we are well into 3 figures per hour on commercial window cleaning 

Agreed! 

I agree in that lol , how old are you? Im 30 so i dont feel it to much but i can imagine how tough it will be if i was 50-60

i get aches now and im fit etc ??

The only good things about add ons are the money i guess lol

I agree in that lol , how old are you? Im 30 so i dont feel it to much but i can imagine how tough it will be if i was 50-60

i get aches now and im fit etc ??

The only good things about add ons are the money i guess lol
I'm 49(50 this year)and ive been window cleaning for 28 years....I weight train 2 or 3 times a week and play drums in my spare time....

The money is not even an incentive as I already earn just under £50k a year working part time hours with  regular window cleaning jobs....I can live like a king up here in the north west with a girlfriend who has her own business and earns more money than me....???

Once you have a comfortable income week in/week out your work/life balance becomes more important than working harder for more money...

I'm 49(50 this year)and ive been window cleaning for 28 years....I weight train 2 or 3 times a week and play drums in my spare time....

The money is not even an incentive as I already earn just under £50k a year working part time hours with  regular window cleaning jobs....I can live like a king up here in the north west with a girlfriend who has her own business and earns more money than me....???

Once you have a comfortable income week in/week out your work/life balance becomes more important than working harder for more money...
Nice mate ??

for me personally i usually prefer just normal regular window cleaning........ive been doing this job for 28 years now and built up lots of good runs of regular work...i like to get my scheduled work done and get home early EVERY day.....

BUT!..........on the odd occasion i like to clean a really dirty conny roof or f/s/g job just to see the transformation but its not often these days......
@dazmond28 years is a long time doing it the right way! ?

Approx How many clients do you have on the active books and are they 4-6 or 8wk turn arounds?

Back